Affiliation: Rovira i Virgili University
- Validation of the Child Feeding Questionnaire in Spanish Parents of SchoolchildrenJosefa Canals-Sans
Research Center for Behavioral Assessment CRAMC, Department of Psychology, Universitat Rovira i Virgili, Tarragona, Spain Electronic address
J Nutr Educ Behav 48:383-391.e1. 2016..To test the reliability and factorial validity of the Child Feeding Questionnaire (CFQ) within a Spanish sample...
- ADHD Prevalence in Spanish Preschoolers: Comorbidity, Socio-Demographic Factors, and Functional ConsequencesJosefa Canals
Rovira i Virgili University, Tarragona, Spain
J Atten Disord . 2016..The object was to examine the prevalence of ADHD among preschoolers, analyzing comorbidity, and the association with socio-demographic factors...
- Examination of a cutoff score for the Screen for Child Anxiety Related Emotional Disorders (SCARED) in a non-clinical Spanish populationJosefa Canals
Universitat Rovira i Virgili, Research Center for Behavior Assessment CRAMC, Department of Psychology, Spain
J Anxiety Disord 26:785-91. 2012..The SCARED-P factor with the best predictive accuracy was Separation Anxiety. The results support the use of SCARED-C as a screening test for Anxiety disorders while SCARED-P should only be used as complementary information...
- The epidemiology of obsessive--compulsive disorder in Spanish school childrenJosefa Canals
Research Center for Behavioral Assessment CRAMC, Department of Psychology, Universitat Rovira i Virgili, Cta Valls s n 43007, Tarragona, Spain
J Anxiety Disord 26:746-52. 2012..The results suggest that OCD is not rare in school children and adolescents and that it has an impact on their personal functioning. We suggest the possibility of an early diagnosis and treatment...
- BDNF Val66Met polymorphism, energy intake and BMI: a follow-up study in schoolchildren at risk of eating disordersVictoria Arija
IISPV, Unitat de Medicina Preventiva i Salut Pública, Universitat Rovira i Virgili, Spain
BMC Public Health 10:363. 2010..The aim of this study was to determine the association of the Val66Met (G196A) polymorphism of the BDNF gene and its effect on eating disorders (ED), energy intake and BMI in schoolchildren...
- Relationships between early behavioural characteristics and temperament at 6 yearsJosefa Canals
CRAMC Departament de Psicologia, Universitat Rovira i Virgili, Tarragona, Spain
Infant Behav Dev 34:152-60. 2011..We conclude that neonatal behaviour and behaviour in the first year of life are good predictors of temperament at 6 years and that early negative affectivity has an important role on infant temperament development...
- Neonatal Behavioral Assessment Scale as a predictor of cognitive development and IQ in full-term infants: a 6-year longitudinal studyJosefa Canals
Research Center for Behavioral Assessment CRAMC, Department of Psychology, Universitat Rovira i Virgili, Tarragona, Spain
Acta Paediatr 100:1331-7. 2011..To evaluate the predictive capacity of neonatal behaviour on infant mental and psychomotor development at 4 and 12 months, and infant intelligence at 6 years...
- Influence of parent's eating attitudes on eating disorders in school adolescentsJ Canals
Department of Psychology, Rovira i Virgili University, Ctra Valls s n, 43007 Tarragona, Spain
Eur Child Adolesc Psychiatry 18:353-9. 2009..To investigate the relationship between parents' cognitive and behavioural dimensions and the risk of eating disorders (ED) in non-clinical adolescents...
- Parents' perceptions of their neonates and their relation to infant developmentC Hernandez-Martinez
Psychology Department, Research Center for the Behavioural Assessment, Universitat Rovira i Virgili, Tarragona, Spain
Child Care Health Dev 37:484-92. 2011....
- Does maternal anxiety affect neonatal behaviour differently in boys and girls?Carmen Hernandez-Martinez
Research Center for the Behavioural Assessment, Department of Psychology, Universitat Rovira i Virgili, Tarragona, Spain
Early Hum Dev 86:209-11. 2010..In boys (n=128), maternal anxiety is related to lower state organization and to increased autonomic stability. Girls' (n=131) behaviour is not related to maternal anxiety...
- [Effects of tobacco habit, second-hand smoking and smoking cessation during pregnancy on newborn's health]Blanca Ribot
Grupo de Investigación en Nutrición y Salud Mental NUTRISAM, Institut d Investigació Sanitària Pere Virgili IISPV, Universitat Rovira i Virgili, Reus, Tarragona, Espana
Med Clin (Barc) 143:57-63. 2014..The aim was to assess the effect of maternal exposure to active and passive tobacco and of smoking cessation on the risk of preterm deliveries and birth weight, taking into account other risk factors...
- Effects of iron deficiency on neonatal behavior at different stages of pregnancyCarmen Hernandez-Martinez
Universitat Rovira i Virgili, Research Centre for Behavioral Assessment CRAMC, Department of Psychology, Ctra Valls s n, 43007 Tarragona, Spain
Early Hum Dev 87:165-9. 2011..In conclusion, iron deficiency during pregnancy is related to the neonate's general autonomous response, motor performance and self regulation capabilities...
- Epidemiology of eating disorders: a two year follow up in an early adolescent school populationC Sancho
Preventive Medicine and Public Health, Rovira i Virgili University, Tarragona, Spain
Eur Child Adolesc Psychiatry 16:495-504. 2007..The aims of this study were to determine the prevalence of eating disorders (ED) in a representative school population of early adolescents of both sexes and to evaluate persistence and incidence after two years...
- Longitudinal study of psychopathological, anthropometric and sociodemographic factors related to the level of Mediterranean diet adherence in a community sample of Spanish adolescentsNuria Voltas
1Research Center for Behavioral Assessment CRAMC, Department of Psychology, Universitat Rovira i Virgili, Crta de Valls s n, 43007 Tarragona, Spain
Public Health Nutr 19:1812-22. 2016..We aimed to identify psychopathological, anthropometric and sociodemographic factors that may influence the risk of low MD adherence...
- Adapting iron dose supplementation in pregnancy for greater effectiveness on mother and child health: protocol of the ECLIPSES randomized clinical trialVictoria Arija
Unitat de Suport a la Recerca Tarragona Reus, Institut d Investigació en Atenció Primària Jordi Gol, Tarragona, Spain
BMC Pregnancy Childbirth 14:33. 2014..Therefore the aims of the study are to determine the highest level of effectiveness of iron supplementation adapted to hemoglobin (Hb) levels in early pregnancy, which would be optimum for mother-child health...
- Association study of monoamine oxidase-A gene promoter polymorphism (MAOA-uVNTR) with self-reported anxiety and other psychopathological symptoms in a community sample of early adolescentsNuria Voltas
Research Center for Behavioral Assessment CRAMC, Department of Psychology, Universitat Rovira i Virgili, Facultat de Ciéncies de l Educació i Psicologia, Crta de Valls, S N, 43007 Tarragona, Spain Nutrition and Mental Health Research Group NUTRISAM, Universitat Rovira i Virgili, Spain
J Anxiety Disord 31:65-72. 2015..Our findings support a possible association, depending on gender, between the MAOA-uVNTR polymorphism and psychopathological disorders such as anxiety, which affects high rates of children and adolescents. ..
- Non-clinical adolescent girls at risk of eating disorder: under-reporters or restrained eaters?N Babio
Preventive Medicine and Public Health, Rovira i Virgili University, Reus, Tarragona, Spain
Nutr Hosp 23:27-34. 2008..To evaluate the plausibility of self-reported energy intake, Goldberg et al proposed a technique to identify the miss-reporters...
- Dietary intake and nutritional risk in Mediterranean adolescents in relation to the severity of the eating disorderEstefania Aparicio
1Unitat de Nutrició i Salut Pública, Facultad de Medicina i Ciències de la Salut, Grupo de Investigación en Nutrición y Salud Mental NUTRISAM, Institut d Investigació Sanitària Pere Virgili IISPV, Universitat Rovira i Virgili, C San Llorenc 21, Reus 43201, Spain
Public Health Nutr 18:1461-73. 2015..To assess the relationship between the degree of severity of eating disorders (ED) and energy and nutrient intakes and nutritional risk in a mixed-sex adolescent population without clinical symptoms...
- Do the emotional states of pregnant women affect neonatal behaviour?Carmen Hernandez-Martinez
Department of Psychology, Rovira i Virgili University, Ctra Valls s n, 43007 Tarragona, Spain
Early Hum Dev 84:745-50. 2008..Maternal emotional stability during pregnancy improves infant self-regulation and several aspects of infant behaviour that may predispose them to better interactions with their parents...
- Effects of prenatal iron status on child neurodevelopment and behavior: A systematic reviewLucía Iglesias
a Unit of Preventive Medicine and Public Health, Faculty of Medicine and Health Science, Universitat Rovira i Virgili, Reus, Spain
Crit Rev Food Sci Nutr . 2017..Iron deficiency and iron-deficiency anemia are the main worldwide nutritional disorders. A good level of prenatal iron is essential for the correct child neurodevelopment but this association has been poorly investigated...
- Feeding problems in nursery children: prevalence and psychosocial factorsG Esparó
Public Health and Preventive Medicine Unit, Medicine and Health Sciences School, Universitat Rovira i Virgili, Catalonia, Spain
Acta Paediatr 93:663-8. 2004..In this study we analyze the prevalence of feeding problems in a sample of nursery children and examine the environmental and psychopathological factors related to such problems...
- A two-phase population study: relationships between overweight, body composition and risk of eating disordersN Babio
Preventive Medicine and Public Health, Rovira i Virgili University, Reus 43201, Spain
Nutr Hosp 24:485-91. 2009..Overweight and eating disorder (ED) are major public health problems in adolescents...