- Assessing depression in primary care with the PHQ-9: can it be carried out over the telephone?Alejandra Pinto-Meza
Research and Development Unit, Sant Joan de Deu SSM, Barcelona, Spain
J Gen Intern Med 20:738-42. 2005..To our knowledge, there are no available data regarding its validity when administered over the telephone...
- Telephone assessment of behavioral inhibition and activation systemsAlejandra Pinto-Meza
Fundación Sant Joan de Déu, Unidad de Investigación y Desarrollo, Sant Joan de Deu SSM, Barcelona, España Unidad de Psicología Médica e Instituto de Neurociencias, Universidad Autonoma de Barcelona, Barcelona, España Electronic address
Rev Psiquiatr Salud Ment 2:66-71. 2009....
- Gender differences in response to antidepressant treatment prescribed in primary care. Does menopause make a difference?Alejandra Pinto-Meza
Sant Joan de Deu SSM, Fundació Sant Joan de Déu, Spain
J Affect Disord 93:53-60. 2006....
- Adequacy of antidepressant treatment in Spanish primary care: a naturalistic six-month follow-up studyAlejandra Pinto-Meza
Department of Research and Development, Sant Joan de Deu SSM, Carrer Dr Antoni Pujades, 42 Sant Boi de Llobregat, Barcelona, Spain
Psychiatr Serv 59:78-83. 2008..Factors that could be associated with adequacy of care also were explored...
- Impact of mental disorders and chronic physical conditions in health-related quality of life among primary care patients: results from an epidemiological studyAlejandra Pinto-Meza
Sant Joan de Deu SSM, Fundació Sant Joan de Déu, Barcelona, Spain
Qual Life Res 18:1011-8. 2009..To estimate the comorbidity of mental disorders with chronic physical conditions and to assess their independent and combined effects on health-related quality of life (HRQOL)...
- Adjustment disorders in primary care: prevalence, recognition and use of servicesAnna Fernandez
Parc Sanitari Sant Joan de Deu, Research and Development Unit, Fundació Sant Joan de Déu, Dr Antoni Pujadas 42, Sant Boi de Llobregat, Barcelona, Spain
Br J Psychiatry 201:137-42. 2012..Within the ICD and DSM review processes there is growing debate on the future classification and status of adjustment disorders, even though evidence on this clinical entity is scant, particularly outside specialised care...
- The mental component of the short-form 12 health survey (SF-12) as a measure of depressive disorders in the general population: results with three alternative scoring methodsGemma Vilagut
Health Services Research Unit, IMIM Hospital del Mar Medical Research Institute, Barcelona, Spain
Value Health 16:564-73. 2013..To evaluate the performance of the Mental Component of the Short-Form 12 Health Survey, Version 1(SF-12v1), as a screening measure of depressive disorders...
- Is major depression adequately diagnosed and treated by general practitioners? Results from an epidemiological studyAnna Fernandez
Sant Joan de Deu SSM, Fundació Sant Joan de Déu, Barcelona, Spain
Gen Hosp Psychiatry 32:201-9. 2010....
- Burden of chronic physical conditions and mental disorders in primary careAnna Fernandez
Sant Joan de Deu SSM, Fundació Sant Joan de Déu, Research and Development Unit, Dr Antoni Pujadas, 42, 08830 Sant Boi de Llobregat, Barcelona, Spain
Br J Psychiatry 196:302-9. 2010..The World Health Organization (WHO) has stated that the three leading causes of burden of disease in 2030 are projected to include HIV/AIDS, unipolar depression and ischaemic heart disease...
- Recognition of anxiety disorders by the general practitioner: results from the DASMAP studyAnna Fernandez
Research and Development Unit, Parc Sanitari Sant Joan de Deu, Fundació Sant Joan de Déu, Barcelona, Spain
Gen Hosp Psychiatry 34:227-33. 2012..The objectives were to determine the levels of general practitioner (GP) recognition of anxiety disorders and examine associated factors...
- Psychotropic prescribing in Catalonia: results from an epidemiological studyMaria Rubio-Valera
Research and Development Unit, Parc Sanitari Sant Joan de Deu, Fundació Sant Joan de Déu, Sant Boi de Llobregat, Barcelona, Spain
Fam Pract 29:154-62. 2012..Mental disorders (MDs) are mainly treated in primary care (PC), where psychotropic drug (PSD) prescribing is highly prevalent. Prescription of PSD is associated with clinical and non-clinical factors...
- Prevalence of mental disorders in primary care: results from the diagnosis and treatment of mental disorders in primary care study (DASMAP)Antoni Serrano-Blanco
Research and Development Unit, Sant Joan de Déu Serveis de Salut Mental, Red de Investigación en Actividades Preventivas y Promoción de la Salud en Atención Primaria, C Doctor Antoni Pujadas 42, 08830, Sant Boi de Llobregat, Barcelona, Spain
Soc Psychiatry Psychiatr Epidemiol 45:201-10. 2010..The main objective of the present study was to estimate the lifetime and 12-month prevalence of mental disorders in the PC of Catalonia (Spain), using structured clinical interviews and a one-phase design...
- Dropping out of mental health treatment among patients with depression and anxiety by type of provider: results of the European Study of the Epidemiology of Mental DisordersAlejandra Pinto-Meza
Parc Sanitari Sant Joan de Deu, Barcelona, Spain
Soc Psychiatry Psychiatr Epidemiol 46:273-80. 2011..The aim of this study was to compare treatment dropout rates by type of provider, dropout risk by number of visit, and to ascertain factors associated with treatment dropout...
- Frequent attendance in primary care: comparison and implications of different definitionsJuan V Luciano
Sant Joan de Deu, Servicios de Salud Mental y Fundación Sant Joan de Déu, Red de Investigación en Actividades Preventivas y Promoción de la Salud RedIAPP, Barcelona, Spain
Br J Gen Pract 60:49-55. 2010..The diversity of definitions of frequent attendance in the literature hampers comparison of their precision, validity, and associated factors...
- Factor structure, internal consistency and construct validity of the Sheehan Disability Scale in a Spanish primary care sampleJuan V Luciano
Parc Sanitari Sant Joan de Deu, Mental, Fundación Sant Joan de Déu, Sant Boi de Llobregat, Barcelona, Spain
J Eval Clin Pract 16:895-901. 2010..The main objective of the present study was to examine the factor structure, reliability and construct validity of the SDS in a wide Spanish sample of primary care (PC) patients...
- Fluoxetine and imipramine: are there differences in cost-utility for depression in primary care?Antoni Serrano-Blanco
Sant Joan de Déu Serveis de Salut Mental, Fundació Sant Joan de Déu, Sant Boi de Ll, Barcelona, Spain
J Eval Clin Pract 15:195-203. 2009..Previous cost-utility studies, comparing selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors and tricyclic antidepressants, have used modelling techniques or have not included indirect costs in the economic analyses...
- What is the relative importance of self reported psychotic symptoms in epidemiological studies? Results from the ESEMeD--Catalonia StudySusana Ochoa
Sant Joan de Déu Serveis de Salut Mental, Fundació Sant Joan de Déu, Dr Pujades, 42, Sant Boi de Llobregat, Barcelona, CIBERSAM Spain
Schizophr Res 102:261-9. 2008....
- Suicide ideation across reproductive life cycle of women. Results from a European epidemiological studyJudith Usall
Sant Joan de Deu SSM, Fundació Sant Joan de Déu, Instituto de Salud Carlos III, Centro de Investigación en Red de Salud Mental CIBERSAM, Spain
J Affect Disord 116:144-7. 2009..The aim of the present study is to compare suicide ideation among women in the pre-, peri-, and post-menopause using a cross-sectional household survey of non-institutionalised adults from six European countries...
- [Prevalence and physical-mental comorbidity of chronic back and neck pain in Spain: results from the ESEMeD Study]Alejandra Pinto-Meza
Sant Joan de Deu SSM, Fundació Sant Joan de Déu, Sant Boi de Llobregat, Barcelona, Espana
Med Clin (Barc) 127:325-30. 2006..The objectives of following study, that is part of the ESEMeD-Spain study, are to estimate CBP-CNP prevalence among Spanish population, its comorbidity with other physical and mental conditions, and its impact on global functioning...
- Use of primary and specialized mental health care for a major depressive episode in Spain by ESEMeD respondentsAndrea Gabilondo
Health Services Research Unit, IMIM Hospital del Mar, Barcelona, Spain
Psychiatr Serv 62:152-61. 2011..This study described use of services for a major depressive episode and determined factors associated with use in Spain, a country with universal access to care and a relatively low prevalence of depression...
- Comorbidity of major depressive episode and chronic physical conditions in Spain, a country with low prevalence of depressionAndrea Gabilondo
Public Mental Health Network of Gipuzkoa, Osakidetza, Donostia, Spain
Gen Hosp Psychiatry 34:510-7. 2012..The objectives were to describe the comorbidity between 12-month major depressive episode (MDE) and chronic physical condition (CPC) in Spain, a Latin country with relatively low prevalence of depression...
- [Cooperation between primary care and mental health services]Juan Vicente Luciano Devis
Unidad de Investigación y Desarrollo, Sant Joan de Deu, Servicios de Salud Mental, Sant Boi de Llobregat, Barcelona, Espana
Aten Primaria 41:131-40. 2009..Differences in coordination between urban and non-urban areas were also evaluated...
- [Opinions of general practitioners, psychiatrists and psychologists on the clinical practice guidelines for depression]Anna Fernández Sánchez
Parc Sanitari Sant Joan de Deu, Fundación Sant Joan de Déu, Barcelona, Spain
Aten Primaria 42:552-8. 2010..To explore the views on clinical practice guidelines (CPG) of general practitioners (GP), psychiatrists, and psychologists...
- [Prevalence and risk factors for suicide ideation, plans and attempts in the Spanish general population. Results from the ESEMeD study]Andrea Gabilondo
Unidad de Investigación en Servicios Sanitarios, Institut Municipal d Investigacio Medica, Barcelona, Espana
Med Clin (Barc) 129:494-500. 2007..Suicide is a public health problem and it is increasing in Spain. The objective of this study is to analyze the prevalence and risk factors of suicide related outcomes (ideation, plan and attempt) using data from the ESEMeD-Spain project...