- Islet amyloid polypeptide gene promoter polymorphisms are not associated with Type 2 diabetes or with the severity of islet amyloidosisChristopher Esapa
Diabetes Research Laboratories, Oxford Centre for Diabetes, Endocrinology and Metabolism, Churchill Hospital, Oxford, OX3 7LJ, UK
Biochim Biophys Acta 1740:74-8. 2005..The IAPP-132G/A promoter polymorphism is not associated with T2DM, a requirement for insulin therapy or with the degree of islet amyloidosis in cohorts from the UK or Finland...
- The continuous glucose monitoring system is useful for detecting unrecognized hypoglycemias in patients with type 1 and type 2 diabetes but is not better than frequent capillary glucose measurements for improving metabolic controlAna Chico
Institute of Diabetology, Fundació Sardà Farriol, Barcelona, Spain
Diabetes Care 26:1153-7. 2003....
- Amylin and hypertension: association of an amylin -G132A gene mutation and hypertension in humans and amylin-induced endothelium dysfunction in ratsAnna Novials
Institute of Diabetes, Sardà Farriol Foundation, Passeig Bonanova 69, 6th Floor, 08017 Barcelona, Spain
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 92:1446-50. 2007..The -132 G/A mutation located within an activator domain of the amylin gene's promoter was first identified in a small cohort of Spanish patients with type 2 diabetes...
- Silent myocardial ischemia is associated with autonomic neuropathy and other cardiovascular risk factors in type 1 and type 2 diabetic subjects, especially in those with microalbuminuriaAna Chico
Institute of Diabetes, Fundación Sardà Farriol, Barcelona, Spain
Endocrine 27:213-7. 2005..05). We conclude that diabetic patients aged over 60 with autonomic neuropathy and other cardiovascular risk factors should be screened for the presence of SMI especially if they have increased microalbuminuria...
- Impairment of the ubiquitin-proteasome pathway is a downstream endoplasmic reticulum stress response induced by extracellular human islet amyloid polypeptide and contributes to pancreatic beta-cell apoptosisSilvia Casas
Endocrinology and Diabetes Unit, Laboratory of Experimental Diabetes, Institut d Investigacions Biomediques August Pi i Sunyer, Hospital Clinic and University of Barcelona, Barcelona, Spain
Diabetes 56:2284-94. 2007..It is known that extracellular hIAPP oligomers are toxic to pancreatic beta-cells and associated with apoptosis. We therefore investigated the molecular mechanism by which extracellular hIAPP mediates pancreatic beta-cell apoptosis...
- The Korle-Bu Hb variant in Caucasian women with type 1 diabetes: a pitfall in the assessment of diabetes controlAna Chico
Diabetes Care 27:2280-1. 2004
- The HFE gene is associated to an earlier age of onset and to the presence of diabetic nephropathy in diabetes mellitus type 2Rafael Oliva
Grup de Genètica Molecular, Hospital Clinic, Faculty of Medicine, University of Barcelona, Institut d Investigacions Biomediques August Pi i Sunyer IDIBAPS, Barcelona, Spain
Endocrine 24:111-4. 2004..To our knowledge our study is the first one to report an earlier age of onset in type 2 diabetic patients carrying HFE mutations...