- Risk factors associated with colorectal flat adenoma detectionDavid Nicolas-Perez
Department of Gastroenterology, Hospital Universitario de Canarias, La Laguna, Tenerife, Spain
Eur J Gastroenterol Hepatol 25:302-8. 2013..Colorectal flat adenomas have been associated with a higher risk of colorectal malignancy. We describe demographic characteristics and endoscopic findings in patients with colorectal flat adenomas...
- [Endoscopic submucosal dissection: only for expert endoscopists?]David Nicolas-Perez
Servicio de Aparato Digestivo, Hospital Universitario de Canarias, Santa Cruz de Tenerife, Spain
Gastroenterol Hepatol 35:344-67. 2012..Training in an endoscopic technique has a little value without knowledge of the technique's aims, the situations in which it should be applied, and the results that can be expected...
- Up-regulation of gelatinases in the colorectal adenoma-carcinoma sequenceAntonio Z Gimeno-Garcia
Gastroenterology Department, Hospital Universitario de Canarias, La Laguna, Tenerife, Spain
Eur J Cancer 42:3246-52. 2006..The present study demonstrates that MMP-9 is markedly up-regulated in the adenomatous tissue and suggests that this gelatinase might be a marker for early colorectal carcinogenesis...
- Risk for high-grade dysplasia or invasive carcinoma in colorectal flat adenomas in a Spanish populationAdolfo Parra-Blanco
Department of Gastroenterology University Hospital of the Canary Islands, La Laguna, Santa Cruz de Tenerife, Spain
Gastroenterol Hepatol 29:602-9. 2006..to determine the frequency and malignancy risk of colonic flat adenomas among patients with colorectal polyps in a Spanish population...
- Endoscopic submucosal dissection training with pig models in a Western countryAdolfo Parra-Blanco
Department of Gastroenterology, University Hospital of the Canary Islands, Ofra s n, La Laguna, 38320 Tenerife, Spain
World J Gastroenterol 16:2895-900. 2010..To test a strategy for endoscopic submucosal dissection (ESD) training in animal models designed to overcome the initial learning curve...
- Colorectal cancer screening in a Spanish populationAntonio Z Gimeno-Garcia
Servicio de Aparato Digestivo, Hospital Universitario de Canarias, Santa Cruz de Tenerife, Tenerife, Spain
Med Clin (Barc) 133:736-40. 2009..We intended to investigate the use of the recommended screening tests for colorectal cancer detection in a sample of average-risk subjects...
- Impact of an educational video-based strategy on the behavior process associated with colorectal cancer screening: a randomized controlled studyAntonio Z Gimeno-Garcia
Gastroenterology Department, University Hospital of the Canary Islands Canaries, La Laguna, Tenerife, Spain
Cancer Epidemiol 33:216-22. 2009..Low public awareness is an important barrier for colorectal cancer screening participation...
- Validation of Fujinon intelligent chromoendoscopy with high definition endoscopes in colonoscopyAdolfo Parra-Blanco
Department of Gastroenterology, University Hospital of the Canary Islands, Tenerife, Spain
World J Gastroenterol 15:5266-73. 2009..To validate high definition endoscopes with Fujinon intelligent chromoendoscopy (FICE) in colonoscopy...
- The timing of bowel preparation before colonoscopy determines the quality of cleansing, and is a significant factor contributing to the detection of flat lesions: a randomized studyAdolfo Parra-Blanco
Servicio de Aparato Digestivo, Unidad de Endoscopia 10 a Planta, Hospital Universitario de Canarias, C Ofra s n, 38320 La Laguna, Santa Cruz de Tenerife, Spain
World J Gastroenterol 12:6161-6. 2006....
- Effects of colon capsule endoscopy on medical decision making in patients with incomplete colonoscopiesOnofre Alarcon-Fernandez
Department of Gastroenterology, Hospital Universitario de Canarias, La Laguna, Tenerife, Spain
Clin Gastroenterol Hepatol 11:534-40.e1. 2013..We evaluated the efficacy of CCE in helping physicians make decisions about patients with incomplete conventional colonoscopies (ICCs)...
- An early flat depressed lesion in the cecum progressing to an advanced cancer in 20 monthsAdolfo Parra-Blanco
Department of Gastroenterology, Hospital Universitario de Canarias, La Laguna, Santa Cruz de Tenerife, Spain
Gastrointest Endosc 66:859-61. 2007
- Screening for familial colorectal cancer with a sensitive immunochemical fecal occult blood test: a pilot studyAntonio Z Gimeno-Garcia
Department of Gastroenterology, University Hospital of Canary Islands, La Laguna, Tenerife, Spain
Eur J Gastroenterol Hepatol 21:1062-7. 2009....
- Equivalency of fecal immunochemical tests and colonoscopy in familial colorectal cancer screeningEnrique Quintero
Servicio de Gastroenterologia, Hospital Universitario de Canarias, Instituto Universitario de Tecnologías Biomédicas ITB and Centro de Investigación Biomédica de Canarias CIBICAN, Departamento de Medicina Interna, Universidad de La Laguna, La Laguna, Tenerife, Spain Electronic address
Gastroenterology 147:1021-30.e1; quiz e16-7. 2014..We conducted a controlled randomized trial to compare the efficacy of repeated fecal immunochemical tests (FITs) and colonoscopy in detecting advanced neoplasia (advanced adenoma or CRC) in family members of patients with CRC...
- One-day versus two-day cleansing for colon capsule endoscopy: a prospective randomized pilot studyLaura Ramos
Department of Gastroenterology, Hospital Universitario de Canarias, Facultad de Medicina, Universidad de La Laguna, La Laguna, Tenerife, Spain
Gastroenterol Hepatol 37:101-6. 2014..Standard bowel cleansing for colon capsule endoscopy (CCE) requires a liquid diet and bowel laxatives for at least 2 days, which is a major drawback of this procedure and affects tolerance and acceptability...
- Management of colonic Dieulafoy lesions with endoscopic mechanical techniques: report of two casesAntonio Z Gimeno-Garcia
Department of Gastroenterology, University Hospital of the Canary Islands, Santa Cruz de Tenerife, Spain
Dis Colon Rectum 47:1539-43. 2004..Colonic Dieulafoy lesions reported in the relevant literature and the hemostatic treatments used are reviewed...
- The use of preoperative endoscopic tattooing in laparoscopic colorectal cancer surgery for endoscopically advanced tumors: a prospective comparative clinical studyIvan Arteaga-Gonzalez
Department of Gastrointestinal Surgery, Hospital Universitario de Canarias, Ofra, s n La Cuesta, 38320 La Laguna, Santa Cruz de Tenerife, Spain
World J Surg 30:605-11. 2006..The aim of this study was to compare how effective this technique is compared with conventional localization methods, as well as its influence on the results of colorectal laparoscopy (LSCRC) for endoscopically advanced tumors...
- [Internet use among patients with gastrointestinal diseases in a general hospital]Onofre Alarcon-Fernandez
Servicio de Aparato Digestivo, Hospital Universitario de Canarias, La Laguna, Tenerife, Espana
Gastroenterol Hepatol 34:667-71. 2011..The internet has provoked a radical change in access to medical information. Access to medical websites among patients with gastrointestinal diseases has not been studied in our environment...
- Prevention of post-endoscopic retrograde cholangiopancreatography pancreatitis: a cost-effectiveness analysisDavid Nicolas-Perez
From the Servicio de Aparato Digestivo, Hospital Universitario de Canarias, La Laguna, Tenerife Canary Islands Foundation for Health and Research FUNCIS, Santa Cruz de Tenerife Health Services Research on Chronic Patients Network REDISSEC Center for Biomedical Research of the Canary Islands CIBICAN, Santa Cruz de Tenerife Departamento de Medicina Interna, Universidad de La Laguna, Santa Cruz de Tenerife and Institute of Biomedical Technologies and Center of Biomedical Research of the Canary Islands CIBICAN, La Laguna University, Tenerife, Spain
Pancreas 44:204-10. 2015..The aim of the present study was to perform a comparative cost-effectiveness analysis of the different strategies used to prevent post-endoscopic retrograde cholangiopancreatography (ERCP) acute pancreatitis...
- Genetic susceptibility variants associated with colorectal cancer prognosisAnna Abuli
Department of Gastroenterology, Hospital Clinic, Centro de Investigacion Biomedica en Red de Enfermedades Hepaticas y Digestivas CIBERehd, Institut d Investigacions Biomediques August Pi i Sunyer IDIBAPS, University of Barcelona, Barcelona, Catalonia 08036, Spain
Carcinogenesis 34:2286-91. 2013....
- Endoscopic surveillance in patients with multiple (10-100) colorectal polypsFátima Valentín
Department of Gastroenterology, Complexo Hospitalario Universitario de Ourense, Ourense, Spain
Endoscopy 48:56-61. 2016..The aim of this study was to determine the risk of developing CRC or the need for surgery during endoscopic surveillance in a cohort of patients with multiple (10 - 100) colorectal polyps...
- Performance of different microsatellite marker panels for detection of mismatch repair-deficient colorectal tumorsRosa M Xicola
Department of Gastroenterology, Germans Trias i Pujol Hospital, Carretera del Canyet s n, 08916 Badalona, Barcelona, Spain
J Natl Cancer Inst 99:244-52. 2007....
- Evolution and management of a hepatocellular carcinoma during pregnancyMargarita Alvarez de la Rosa
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Hospital Universitario de Canarias, Universidad de La Laguna, Tenerife, Spain
J Obstet Gynaecol Res 32:437-9. 2006..The patient refused termination of pregnancy or liver transplantation because of religious beliefs. In this case, the authors had the opportunity to follow the growth of the mass throughout the pregnancy and puerperium...