- Influence of morphology on survival for non-Hodgkin lymphoma in Europe and the United StatesMilena Sant
Department of Preventive and Predictive Medicine, Fondazione IRCCS Istituto Nazionale dei Tumori, Via Venezian 1, I 20133, Milan, Italy
Eur J Cancer 44:579-87. 2008..Interpretation of marked variation in survival with morphology is complicated by classification inconsistencies. The completeness and standardisation of cancer registry morphology data needs to be improved...
- [External evaluation of population-based cancer registries: the REDEPICAN Guide for Latin America]Carmen Navarro
Consejeria de Sanidad y Politica Social, Murcia, Espana
Rev Panam Salud Publica 34:336-42. 2013....
- Risk of type 2 diabetes according to traditional and emerging anthropometric indices in Spain, a Mediterranean country with high prevalence of obesity: results from a large-scale prospective cohort studyJose Maria Huerta
Department of Epidemiology, Murcia Regional Health Authority, Murcia, Spain
BMC Endocr Disord 13:7. 2013..abstract:..
- Prevalence of metabolic syndrome in Murcia Region, a southern European Mediterranean area with low cardiovascular risk and high obesityDiana Gavrila
Department of Epidemiology, Regional Authority for Health and Consumer Affairs Consejería de Sanidad y Consumo, Murcia, Spain
BMC Public Health 11:562. 2011..The aim of this study was to assess the prevalence of MS and its components, awareness of obesity as a health risk and associated lifestyles...
- Cardiovascular risk estimated after 13 years of follow-up in a low-incidence Mediterranean region with high-prevalence of cardiovascular risk factorsJose M Huerta
Department of Epidemiology, Murcia Regional Health Authority, Ronda de Levante 11, 30008 Murcia, Spain
BMC Public Health 10:640. 2010..Murcia (south-east Spain) shows increased cardiovascular (CV) morbimortality as compared to other Spanish regions. Our objective was to assess the CV risk associated with major risk factors (RF) among adult population of Murcia...
- Occupation and skin cancer: the results of the HELIOS-I multicenter case-control studyBerta Suárez
Environmental and Cancer Epidemiology Unit, National Center for Epidemiology, Carlos III Institute of Health, Sinesio Delgado 6, 28029 Madrid, Spain
BMC Public Health 7:180. 2007..Our objective is to evaluate the role of occupational exposures in NMSC, with special emphasis on risk factors other than solar radiation and skin type...
- Is hospital discharge administrative data an appropriate source of information for cancer registries purposes? Some insights from four Spanish registriesEnrique E Bernal-Delgado
Health Services Research Unit, Institute for Health Sciences in Aragon, Zaragoza, Spain
BMC Health Serv Res 10:9. 2010..The frequency of false positive and false negative cases recommends local validation...
- Population-based cancer registries in Spain and their role in cancer controlC Navarro
Department of Epidemiology, Regional Health Authority, Murcia, Spain
Ann Oncol 21:iii3-13. 2010....
- Validity of self reported diagnoses of cancer in a major Spanish prospective cohort studyC Navarro
Servicio de Epidemiologia, Consejeria de Sanidad, Ronda de Levante 11, E 30008 Murcia, Spain
J Epidemiol Community Health 60:593-9. 2006....
- Lung cancer prognosis in Spain: the role of histology, age and sexD Salmerón
Murcia Cancer Registry, Department of Epidemiology, Regional Health Authority, Murcia, Spain
Respir Med 106:1301-8. 2012..Lung cancer survival rates in Spain are poor, with better prognosis in women, especially among patients aged under 55 years at diagnosis, or those with small cell carcinoma...
- Is there a different dietetic pattern depending on self-knowledge of high blood pressure?M J Tormo
Servicio de Epidemiologia, Consejeria de Sanidad y Politica Social, Ronda de Levante, Murcia, Spain
Eur J Epidemiol 16:963-71. 2000..We conclude that in this large prospective cohort, awareness or not of having high blood pressure at recruitment is associated with a differential dietary pattern...
- Cancer survival in Spain: estimate for nine major cancersM D Chirlaque
Murcia Cancer Registry, Department of Epidemiology, Health Authority, Murcia, Spain
Ann Oncol 21:iii21-29. 2010..This study provides estimates of population-based relative survival in Spain for nine major cancers and reports results on cancer survival by region, gender and age group...
- Extremely high prevalence of overweight and obesity in Murcia, a Mediterranean region in south-east SpainM T Martínez-Ros
Unidad Docente de la Gerencia de Atención Primaria de Murcia, Murcia, Spain
Int J Obes Relat Metab Disord 25:1372-80. 2001..To estimate the prevalence of obesity in the Murcia Region according to age and sex, and to analyse how obesity is related to demographic and socio-economic determinants and to other cardiovascular risk factors of interest to the community...
- Prevalence of dementia and cognitive impairment in Southeastern Spain: the Ariadna studyD Gavrila
Epidemiology Department, Murcia Health Council, Murcia, Spain
Acta Neurol Scand 120:300-7. 2009..To estimate the prevalence of amnestic mild cognitive impairment (aMCI), cognitive impairment, no dementia (CIND) and dementia in a general elderly population and to examine the associated socio-demographic factors...
- Prevalence of hepatitis A antibodies in southeastern Spain: a population-based studyA Garcia-Fulgueiras
Servicio de Epidemiologia, Consejeria de Sanidad y Politica Social, Murcia, Spain
Eur J Epidemiol 13:481-3. 1997..The overall anti-HAV prevalence was 76.5%. The prevalence increased with age and was higher in individuals living in towns with less than 10,000 inhabitants...
- Violence reported by the immigrant population is high as compared with the native population in southeast SpainS Colorado-Yohar
Murcia Regional Health Council, Murcia, Spain
J Interpers Violence 27:3322-40. 2012..The principal violence-related factor was discrimination. More studies of this type are called for to characterize the problem in other population-representative samples...
- [Usefulness of the statistical bulletin of deaths to identify extrahospital deaths in the context of a myocardial infarction population registry]L Cirera
Servicio de Epidemiologia, Consejeria de Sanidad y Consumo, Región de Murcia, Spain
Rev Esp Cardiol 54:1041-7. 2001....
- Cardiovascular risk factors and educational attainment in Southern Spain: a study of a random sample of 3091 adultsL Cirera
Epidemiology Department, Murcia Health Council, Spain
Eur J Epidemiol 14:755-63. 1998..To analyze the associations between educational attainment and major cardiovascular disease risk factors in the Murcia Region (Southern Spain)...
- DataLink record linkage software applied to the cancer registry of Murcia, SpainM Márquez Cid
Regional Health Council, Epidemiology Department, 30008 Murcia, Spain
Methods Inf Med 47:448-53. 2008..DataLink has been tested to determine if the use of clustering techniques will improve performance with a minimum decrease in accuracy...
- Magnetic resonance spectroscopy performance for detection of dementia, Alzheimer's disease and mild cognitive impairment in a community-based surveyJ M García Santos
Neuroradiology and Head and Neck Imaging Section, Department of Diagnostic Radiology, Hospital General Universitario Morales Meseguer, Murcia, Spain
Dement Geriatr Cogn Disord 26:15-25. 2008..To evaluate (1)H-labelled magnetic resonance spectroscopy (MRS) in patients with a low Mini Mental State Examination (MMSE) score identified during a dementia community-based survey...
- Daily effects of air pollutants and pollen types on asthma and COPD hospital emergency visits in the industrial and Mediterranean Spanish city of CartagenaL Cirera
Public Health Authority, Murcia Regional Health Council, Spain
Allergol Immunopathol (Madr) 40:231-7. 2012..We aim to study the short-term effects of major air pollutants and aeroallergen pollen on asthma and COPD hospital ER visits in the industrial and Mediterranean Spanish city of Cartagena during 1995-1998...
- Consumption of vegetables, fruit and other plant foods in the European Prospective Investigation into Cancer and Nutrition (EPIC) cohorts from 10 European countriesA Agudo
Department of Epidemiology, Catalan Institute of Oncology ICO, 08907 L Hospitalet de Llobregat, Barcelona, Spain
Public Health Nutr 5:1179-96. 2002..To describe and compare the consumption of the main groups and sub-groups of vegetables and fruits (V&F) in men and women from the centres participating in the European Prospective Investigation into Cancer and Nutrition (EPIC)...
- Leisure-time sport physical activity and dietary intake of foods in SpainM D Chirlaque
Regional Health Council, Department of Epidemiology, Murcia, Spain
IARC Sci Publ 156:243-6. 2002
- A large outbreak of Shigella sonnei gastroenteritis associated with consumption of fresh pasteurised milk cheeseA Garcia-Fulgueiras
Servicio de Epidemiologia, Consejería de Sanida, Centro Nacional de Microbiologia, Madrid, Spain
Eur J Epidemiol 17:533-8. 2001....
- A new mutation in the regulatory domain of the myophosphorylase gene affecting protein dimer contactJ Gamez
Department of Neurology, Hospitals Vall d Hebron, Barcelona, Spain
Muscle Nerve 22:1136-8. 1999..These data further emphasize the importance of private mutations in McArdle's disease, some of which are associated with specific ethnic groups...
- Survival in patients with uveal melanoma in EuropeGianni Virgili
Department of Oto Neuro Ophthalmological Surgical Sciences, University of Florence, Viale Morgagni 85, Florence 50134, Italy
Arch Ophthalmol 126:1413-8. 2008..To estimate survival in patients in whom uveal melanoma was diagnosed between January 1, 1983, and December 31, 1994, in Europe...
- A new mutation in the myophosphorylase gene (Asn684Tyr) in a Spanish patient with McArdle's diseaseA L Andreu
H Houston Merritt Clinical Research Center for Muscular Dystrophy and Related Diseases, Department of Neurology, College of Physicians and Surgeons, New York, NY 10032, USA
Neuromuscul Disord 9:171-3. 1999....
- Tuberculosis in Spain: epidemiological pattern and clinical practiceM Diez
Unidad de Investigación en Tuberculosis, Instituto de Salud Carlos III, Madrid, Spain
Int J Tuberc Lung Dis 6:295-300. 2002..Thirteen Autonomous Regions in Spain...
- Molecular heterogeneity of myophosphorylase deficiency (McArdle's disease): a genotype-phenotype correlation studyM A Martin
Centro de Investigación y Sección de Neuropatología, Hospital Universitario 12 de Octubre, Madrid, Spain
Ann Neurol 50:574-81. 2001..The mutations of charged residues would be expected to interfere with internal hydrogen bonding networks, introducing severe incompatible partnering that is caused by poor packing or electrostatic repulsions...
- Late-onset metachromatic leukodystrophy clinically presenting as isolated peripheral neuropathy: compound heterozygosity for the IVS2+1G-->A mutation and a newly identified missense mutation (Thr408Ile) in a Spanish familyM Comabella
Department of Neurology, Hospital Universitari Vall d Hebron, Barcelona, Spain
Ann Neurol 50:108-12. 2001..This case indicates that adult metachromatic leukodystrophy should be considered in adult patients with demyelinating peripheral neuropathy of unknown etiology...
- Beta-sarcoglycanopathy (LGMD 2E) in a Spanish familyE Rivas
Pathology and Neuropathology Service, Meixoeiro Hospital, Vigo, Spain
Acta Myol 23:159-62. 2004..The parents and one sister were found to be carriers. Missense mutations affecting this domain result in the instability of the entire sarcoglycan complex and lead to severe phenotypes as seen in non-sense mutations...
- A novel missense mutation (W797R) in the myophosphorylase gene in Spanish patients with McArdle diseaseR Fernandez
H Houston Merritt Clinical Research Center for Muscular Dystrophy and Related Diseases, Department of Neurology, Columbia University College of Physicians and Surgeons, New York, NY 10032, USA
Arch Neurol 57:217-9. 2000..To investigate the degree of genetic heterogeneity of myophosphorylase deficiency (McArdle disease) in Spain through molecular studies of 10 new patients...
- Consumption of soy products among European consumers of a health-conscious dietBoker L Keinan
Julius Center for General Practice and Patient Oriented Research, Utrecht, The Netherlands
IARC Sci Publ 156:109-12. 2002
- [Physical sports activity in a representative sample of the population of Región de Murcia, Spain]M T Martínez-Ros
Unidad Docente de la Gerencia de Atención Primaria de Murcia Murcia España
Gac Sanit 17:11-9. 2003..To estimate the prevalence of intense physical activity according to age and sex in the region of Murcia, Spain, and to analyze its association with major demographic and socioeconomic determinants and other cardiovascular risk factors...
- Outcome results of two levels of intervention in low-income women with depressive symptomsM A Lara
Epidemiology Research Department, Ramón de la Fuente Muñiz National Institute of Psychiatry, Tlapan, Mexico DF
Am J Orthopsychiatry 73:35-43. 2003..Similar results were found for criteria-related variables (somatic and anxiety symptoms); an increase in self-esteem was observed as well...
- Determinants of patient delay among tuberculosis cases in SpainM Diez
Unidad de Investigación en TB, Centro Nacional de Epidemiologia, Instituto de Salud Carlos III, Madrid, Spain
Eur J Public Health 14:151-5. 2004..Patient delay was investigated in a cohort of TB patients identified from May 1996 until April 1997 in 13 Autonomous Regions in Spain. The study covered almost 67% of the total Spanish population...
- Autosomal dominant congenital fibre type disproportion: a clinicopathological and imaging study of a large familyM J Sobrido
Department of Pathology and Neuropathology, Hospital do Meixoeiro, Vigo, Spain
Brain 128:1716-27. 2005..This is, to our knowledge, the largest kindred with muscle fibre type disproportion reported to date. Our data confirm autosomal dominant inheritance, and this is the first MRI document of this disorder...
- Demographics and socio-economic differences in adherence to the Mediterranean dietary pattern in SpainA Aller San Juan
Institut Catala d Oncologia, Barcelona, Spain
IARC Sci Publ 156:31-3. 2002
- Abiotic ecotypes in south-central Spanish rivers: reference conditions and pollutionJ L Moreno
Centro Regional de Estudios del Agua CREA, Universidad de Castilla La Mancha, Ctra de las Peñas, km 3, Albacete 02071, Spain
Environ Pollut 143:388-96. 2006..Additionally, concentrations of ammonium, nitrite, nitrate, and phosphate increased when more percentage of land was dedicated to agriculture and less to forest land...
- [Treatment of neuropathic pain in neurology units. The PREVADOL study]J Pardo-Fernández
Servicio de Neurologia, Hospital Clinico, Santiago de Compostela, A Coruna, Spain
Rev Neurol 42:451-4. 2006..Its treatment is different to that of nociceptive pain since it does not respond to conventional analgesics or non-steroidal antiinflammatory drugs...
- [Sociodemographic differences in adherence to the Mediterranean dietary pattern in Spanish populations]C A Gonzalez
Institut Catala d Oncologia, Barcelona, Spain
Gac Sanit 16:214-21. 2002..Lower social classes tend to eat a less healthy diet. The aim of this study was to compare adherence to the Mediterranean dietary pattern among different demographic and social groups in the adult population...
- Dose reduction of intraoral dental radiography in SpainM Alcaraz
Department of Radiology and Physical Medicine, Faculty of Medicine Dentistry, University of Murcia, 30100 Campus Espinardo Murcia, Spain
Dentomaxillofac Radiol 35:295-8. 2006..To assess the influence of new European Union (EU) legislation on radiation doses in intraoral dental radiography in Spain...
- Consumption of cruciferous vegetables and glucosinolates in a Spanish adult populationA Agudo
Unit of Epidemiology, IDIBELL, Catalan Institute of Oncology, L Hospitalet de Llobregat, Spain
Eur J Clin Nutr 62:324-31. 2008..To assess the intake of glucosinolates and cruciferous vegetables among Spanish adults...
- [On residency training in anesthesiology and recovery care in Spain and the current situation of supervisors]A Alcon
Rev Esp Anestesiol Reanim 54:454-5. 2007
- Consumption of soy products in 10 European countriesBoker L Keinan
Julius Center for General Practice and Patient Oriented Research, Utrecht, The Netherlands
IARC Sci Publ 156:105-8. 2002