- Human immunology of measles virus infectionD Naniche
Barcelona Center for International Health Research, Hospital Clinic, Institut d Investigacions Biomedicas August Pi i Sunyer, C Rossello 132, 4 08036, Barcelona, Spain
Curr Top Microbiol Immunol 330:151-71. 2009....
- Mother-to-child transmission of HIV-1: association with malaria prevention, anaemia and placental malariaD Naniche
Barcelona Center for International Health Research CRESIB, Hospital Clinic, Universitat de Barcelona, Barcelona, Spain
HIV Med 9:757-64. 2008..Prevention of malaria in pregnancy could thus potentially affect MTCT of HIV. We studied the impact of intermittent preventive treatment during pregnancy (IPTp) on HIV-1 MTCT in southern Mozambique...
- Impact of maternal human immunodeficiency virus infection on birth outcomes and infant survival in rural MozambiqueDenise Naniche
Barcelona Center for International Health Research, Hospital Clinic, Institut d Investigacions Biomediques August Pi i Sunyer, Universitat de Barcelona, Barcelona, Spain
Am J Trop Med Hyg 80:870-6. 2009..6-22.4). Assessment of the impact of HIV infection on birth outcomes in rural Africa is essential for tailoring public health measures to reduce mother-to-child transmission of HIV and excess infant mortality...
- Alterations in T cell subsets in human immunodeficiency virus-infected adults with co-infections in southern MozambiqueDenise Naniche
Centro de Investigação em Saúde de Manhiça, Mozambique
Am J Trop Med Hyg 85:776-81. 2011....
- Stabilization of HIV incidence in women of reproductive age in southern MozambiqueS Perez-Hoyos
Barcelona Centre for International Health Research CRESIB, Hospital Clinic IDIBAPS, University of Barcelona, Barcelona, Spain CIBER Epidemiología y Salud Pública CIBERESP, Barcelona, Spain Manhiça Health Research Center CISM, Maputo, Mozambique
HIV Med 12:500-5. 2011..The collection of incidence data on HIV infection is necessary to evaluate the status and dynamics of the epidemic and the effectiveness of intervention strategies. However, this is usually difficult in low-income countries...
- Estimating the vaccine-preventable burden of hospitalized pneumonia among young Mozambican childrenA Roca
Barcelona Centre for International Health Research CRESIB, Hospital Clinic IDIBAPS, Universitat de Barcelona, Barcelona, Spain
Vaccine 28:4851-7. 2010..Introduction of Hib and pneumococcal conjugate vaccines would have a substantial impact on pneumonia hospitalizations among African children if vaccine effects are similar to those observed in clinical trials...
- High HIV prevalence in a southern semi-rural area of Mozambique: a community-based surveyR Gonzalez
Barcelona Centre for International Heath Research CRESIB, Hospital Clinic, University of Barcelona, Barcelona, Spain
HIV Med 13:581-8. 2012..Southern African countries have borne the brunt of the HIV/AIDS pandemic. Monitoring epidemiological dynamics is critical to identify the populations at greatest risk of infection and to guide control strategies...