Antonio J Molina
- Trends in Lung Cancer Incidence in a Healthcare AreaAntonio J Molina
Grupo de Investigación Interacción Gen Ambiente Salud, Universidad de Leon, Leon, España Electronic address
Arch Bronconeumol 51:e53-5. 2015..0 (1996-1998) to 9.2 new cases per 100,000 (2008-2010). Although lung cancer is an avoidable disease, it is a serious problem in the Leon Healthcare Area. Of particular concern is the rising incidence among women. ..
- Unhealthy habits and practice of physical activity in Spanish college students: the role of gender, academic profile and living situationAntonio J Molina
Area of Preventive Medicine and Public Health, Institute of Biomedicine, University of Leon, Spain
Adicciones 24:319-27. 2012....
- Knowledge, attitudes and beliefs about tobacco use after an educative intervention in health sciences' studentsAntonio J Molina
Area of Preventive Medicine and Public Health, Institute of Biomedicine, University of Leon, Leon, Spain
Nurse Educ Today 32:862-7. 2012..To examine the effectiveness of a tobacco control course on the improvement of knowledge, attitudes and beliefs about smoking among health sciences' students...
- Sensitivity and specificity of a self-administered questionnaire of tobacco use; including the Fagerström testAntonio J Molina
Area of Preventive Medicine and Public Health, Department of Biomedical Sciences, University of Leon, Altos de la Nava s n Postal code 24071, Leon, Spain
Int J Nurs Stud 47:181-9. 2010..Self-administered questionnaires are a very common method for determining tobacco use, but assessment is needed of their validity for specific groups, such as occasional smokers or students of health sciences...
- High Body Mass Index as a Risk Factor for Hospitalization Due to Influenza: A Case-Control StudyVicente Martin
Grupo de Investigación interacciones gen ambiente y salud, Universidad de Leon, Leon, España CIBER Epidemiología y Salud Pública, Madrid, España Electronic address
Arch Bronconeumol 52:299-307. 2016..The aim of this study was to investigate the association between body mass index (BMI) and the risk of hospitalization due to influenza...
- Effectiveness of a course on the prevention and control of the smoking habit on its prevalence and incidence among students of health sciencesVicente Martin
Area of Preventive Medicine and Public Health, Department of Biomedical Sciences, Institute of Biomedicine IBIOMED, University of Leon, Spain
J Adv Nurs 67:747-55. 2011..This paper is a report of the effectiveness of a tobacco use prevention and control course on health sciences students' smoking prevalence and incidence...
- Correlation between the Yale Physical Activity Survey (YPAS) and a submaximal performance-based test: a study in a population of elderly Spanish womenVicente Martin
IBIOMED, University of León Altos de Nava s n 24701, Leon, Spain
Arch Gerontol Geriatr 55:31-4. 2012..318, respectively) with the walked distance. The Spanish version of YPAS is beginning to be considered as a valid and useful tool for habitual physical activity (PA) measurement and can be used among elderly Spanish speaking women...
- Role of ABC transporters in veterinary drug research and parasite resistanceAna I Alvarez
Department of Physiology, Faculty of Veterinary, University of Leon, Campus de Vegazana E24071 León Spain
Curr Drug Deliv 3:199-206. 2006..Recently, the important role of BCRP in the secretion of its substrates in milk has been demonstrated...
- Fluoroquinolone efflux mediated by ABC transportersAna I Alvarez
Department of Biomedical Sciences, Physiology, University of Leon, Campus de Vegazana s n, 24071 Leon, Spain
J Pharm Sci 97:3483-93. 2008..The objective of this work is to review the recent advances in insights into ABC transporters and their effects on fluoroquinolone disposition and resistance including data on drug secretion into milk...
- Comparison of body mass index (BMI) with the CUN-BAE body adiposity estimator in the prediction of hypertension and type 2 diabetesVicente Martin
Grupo de Investigación Interacciones Gen Ambiente y Salud Universidad de León Gigas, Leon, Spain
BMC Public Health 16:82. 2016..Our aim is to compare the BMI and CUN-BAE in determining the population attributable fraction (AFp) for obesity as a cause of chronic diseases...
- Validation and psychometric analysis of the Internet Addiction Test in Spanish among college studentsTania Fernández-Villa
The Research Group in Gene Environment and Health Interactions, University of Leon, Leon, Spain
BMC Public Health 15:953. 2015..One of the most used questionnaires worldwide to analyse these problems is the Internet Addiction Test (IAT). Our aim was to validate a Spanish version of the IAT and analyse its psychometric properties...
- Interaction of enrofloxacin with breast cancer resistance protein (BCRP/ABCG2): influence of flavonoids and role in milk secretion in sheepMivis M Pulido
Department of Physiology, Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, University of Leon, Leon, Spain
J Vet Pharmacol Ther 29:279-87. 2006..m.) or albendazole sulfoxide (2 mg/kg, i.v) as BCRP inhibitors. Concomitant administration of BCRP inhibitors with ENRO had no significant effect on the plasma disposition kinetics of ENRO but decreased ENRO concentrations in milk...
- Absorption and metabolism of albendazole after intestinal ischemia/reperfusionAntonio J Molina
Department of Physiology, Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, University of Leon, Campus de Vegazana, 24071 Leon, Spain
Eur J Pharm Sci 31:16-24. 2007..Both metabolizing systems, CYP4503A and FMO, were affected by I/R. Our data indicate that I/R injury, considered as an inflammatory model, reduces absorption and metabolism processes of albendazole...
- Effects of ischemia-reperfusion on the absorption and esterase metabolism of diltiazem in rat intestineAntonio J Molina
Department of Physiology, University of Leon, Campus de Vegazana s n, 24071 Leon, Spain
Life Sci 80:397-407. 2007..This modification of intestinal esterase activity could be important for the pharmacokinetic behaviour of other drugs and prodrugs after intestinal pathologies involving inflammation and oxidative stress...
- Ginseng increases intestinal elimination of albendazole sulfoxide in the ratGracia Merino
Department of Physiology, University of Leon, 24071, Leon, Spain
Comp Biochem Physiol C Toxicol Pharmacol 136:9-15. 2003....