- Time of day, age and feeding habits influence coccidian oocyst shedding in wild passerinesGuillermo Lopez
Dto Biología Aplicada, Estacion Biologica de Donana, Avda Maria Luisa s n, 41013 Seville, Spain
Int J Parasitol 37:559-64. 2007....
- Incidence of West Nile virus in birds arriving in wildlife rehabilitation centers in southern SpainGuillermo Lopez
Estacion Biologica de Donana, Seville, Spain
Vector Borne Zoonotic Dis 11:285-90. 2011..Our results suggest that WNV circulation during the study period did not result in any detectable effects in terms of bird morbidity or mortality...
- Size matters: West Nile Virus neutralizing antibodies in resident and migratory birds in SpainJordi Figuerola
Estacion Biologica de Donana, Consejo Superior de Investigaciones Cientificas, Apartado de Correos 1056, Seville, Spain
Vet Microbiol 132:39-46. 2008..Our results suggest larger species as good candidates for easy, faster and cheaper monitoring of local, seasonal and annual changes in WN virus serology...
- Increased endoparasite infection in late-arriving individuals of a trans-saharan passerine migrant birdGuillermo Lopez
Department of Biodiversity Conservation and Applied Ecology, Estacion Biologica de Donana, Seville, Andalucia, Spain
PLoS ONE 8:e61236. 2013..Even in monomorphic species parasites may play a role in sexual selection by delaying the arrival of the most infected individuals at breeding grounds, thereby further increasing the benefits of mating with early-arriving individuals...
- Goats, birds, and emergent diseases: apparent and hidden effects of exotic species in an island environmentMartina Carrete
Department of Conservation Biology, Estacion Biologica de Donana, Consejo Superior de Investigaciones Cientificas CSIC, Avda Americo Vespucio s n, La Cartuja, 41092, Sevilla, Spain
Ecol Appl 19:840-53. 2009....
- Prevalence of West Nile virus neutralizing antibodies in Spain is related to the behavior of migratory birdsGuillermo Lopez
Estacion Biologica de Donana, CSIC, Seville, Spain
Vector Borne Zoonotic Dis 8:615-21. 2008..Aside from the question of local circulation, it thus seems that the risk for introduction of strains of WNV from Africa by migratory birds merits further field and experimental studies in Spain...