- Van der Woude Syndrome and lower lip pits treatmentLucas Krauel
Pediatric Surgery Department, Hospital Sant Joan de Déu Clínic, University of Barcelona, Barcelona, Spain
J Oral Maxillofac Surg 66:589-92. 2008
- Use of 3D Prototypes for Complex Surgical Oncologic CasesLucas Krauel
Pediatric Surgery Department, Hospital Sant Joan de Deu, Universitat de Barcelona, Passeig de Sant Joan de Déu, 2, 08950, Barcelona, Spain
World J Surg 40:889-94. 2016..In this article, we report our technological developments along with our clinical implementation experience using high-fidelity 3D prototypes of tumors encasing major vessels in anatomically sensitive areas...
- Median raphe cysts of the perineum in childrenLucas Krauel
Pediatric Surgery Department, Hospital Sant Joan de Deu, University of Barcelona, Barcelona, Spain
Urology 71:830-1. 2008..We believe it is important that adult and pediatric urologists recognize these lesions and their management to provide the appropriate information to the parents...
- Use of angioembolization as an effective technique for the management of pediatric solid tumorsLucas Krauel
Pediatric Surgery Department, Hospital Sant Joan de Deu, Universitat de Barcelona, Spain
J Pediatr Surg 44:1848-55. 2009..Nevertheless, the overall experience with angioembolization for the treatment of tumors is limited. We report our experience in 7 nonvascular solid pediatric tumors...
- Airway and vascular maturation stimulated by tracheal occlusion do not correlate in the rabbit model of diaphragmatic herniaJordi Prat Ortells
Department of Pediatric Surgery, Hospital Sant Joan de Déu Hospital Clínic, Universitat de Barcelona, Barcelona, Spain
Pediatr Res 75:487-92. 2014..Airway and vascular response to TO are assumed to occur in parallel. This study aims to describe and measure the relationship between airway and vascular maturation induced by TO...
- Heminephroureterectomy for duplex kidney: laparoscopy versus open surgeryLuis Garcia-Aparicio
Pediatric Urology Unit, Hospital Sant Joan de Deu, Universitat de Barcelona, Barcelona, Spain
J Pediatr Urol 6:157-60. 2010..To report our experience of laparoscopic heminephroureterectomy (Hnu) in pediatric patients with duplex anomalies, in comparison to open surgery...
- Transitional cell carcinoma of the bladder in children and adolescents: six-case series and review of the literatureJavier Lerena
Urology Unit, Pediatric Surgery Department, Hospital Sant Joan de Deu, Universitat de Barcelona, Spain
J Pediatr Urol 6:481-5. 2010..Transitional cell carcinoma of the bladder (TCCB) is rarely found in the first two decades of life and is exceptional under 10 years of age. The present series aimed to expand the number of reported cases in the literature...
- Fibrolamellar hepatocellular carcinoma in an infant and literature reviewOfelia Cruz
Department of Oncology, Hospital San Joan de Deu, Universidad de Barcelona, Spain
J Pediatr Hematol Oncol 30:968-71. 2008..Induction chemotherapy using cisplatin and Adriamycin resulted in a partial response, however, refractory disease developed and regional metastasis precluded surgical resection. The child died from tumoral progression...
- Urinary and gastrointestinal malakoplakia in a 12-year-old girlLucas Krauel
Department of Pediatric Surgery, Hospital Sant Joan de Deu, University of Barcelona, Barcelona, Spain
Urology 73:87-9. 2009..Malakoplakia in children is rare. Few pediatric cases in the urinary tract, kidney, or gastrointestinal tract have been published. We present a case of urinary and gastrointestinal malakoplakia in a 12-year-old girl...
- Lung tissue blood perfusion changes induced by in utero tracheal occlusion in a rabbit model of congenital diaphragmatic herniaRogelio Cruz-Martínez
Fetal and Perinatal Medicine Research Group, Department of Maternal Fetal Medicine, Hospital Clinic IDIBAPS, University of Barcelona and Centre for Biomedical Research on Rare Diseases CIBER ER, Barcelona, Spain
Fetal Diagn Ther 26:137-42. 2009..To analyze the impact of in utero tracheal occlusion (TO) on lung tissue blood perfusion, as measured by fractional moving blood volume (FMBV) and conventional spectral Doppler, in a rabbit model of congenital diaphragmatic hernia (CDH)...