- Facilitation of AMPA receptor synaptic delivery as a molecular mechanism for cognitive enhancementShira Knafo
Centro de Biologia Molecular Severo Ochoa, Consejo Superior de Investigaciones Científicas CSIC Universidad Autónoma de Madrid, Madrid, Spain
PLoS Biol 10:e1001262. 2012..These results provide a mechanistic link between facilitation of AMPA receptor synaptic delivery and improved hippocampal-dependent learning, induced by a pharmacological cognitive enhancer...
- Common pathways for growth and for plasticityShira Knafo
Centro de Biologia Molecular Severo Ochoa CSIC UAM, Nicolas Cabrera 1, Madrid 28049, Spain
Curr Opin Neurobiol 22:405-11. 2012..Here we review the latest findings on two prototypical examples of these shared mechanisms: the Ras-PI3K pathway and the intracellular signaling elicited by neural cell adhesion molecules interacting with growth factor receptors...
- Specific cytoarchitectureal changes in hippocampal subareas in daDREAM miceBritt Mellstrom
Spanish Network for Biomedical Research in Neurodegenerative Diseases, CIBERNED, Madrid, Spain
Mol Brain 9:22. 2016..Neuronal spines are reported to play important roles in plasticity and memory. However, the possible role of DREAM in spine plasticity has not been reported...
- PTEN recruitment controls synaptic and cognitive function in Alzheimer's modelsShira Knafo
Department of Molecular Neurobiology, Centro de Biologia Molecular Severo Ochoa, Consejo Superior de Investigaciones Científicas CSIC Universidad Autónoma de Madrid, Madrid, Spain
Nat Neurosci 19:443-53. 2016..Our results provide fundamental information on the molecular mechanisms of Aβ-induced synaptic malfunction and may offer new mechanism-based therapeutic targets to counteract downstream Aβ signaling. ..
- DREAM controls the on/off switch of specific activity-dependent transcription pathwaysBritt Mellstrom
National Center of Biotechnology, CSIC and CIBERNED, Madrid, Spain
Mol Cell Biol 34:877-87. 2014..Our results indicate that DREAM is a major master switch transcription factor that regulates the on/off status of specific activity-dependent gene expression programs that control synaptic plasticity, learning, and memory. ..
- Morphological alterations to neurons of the amygdala and impaired fear conditioning in a transgenic mouse model of Alzheimer's diseaseShira Knafo
Instituto Cajal CSIC, Madrid, Spain
J Pathol 219:41-51. 2009..We suggest that these morphological changes in the neurons of the LA may contribute to the impaired auditory fear conditioning seen in this AD model...