- Long-term aquaretic efficacy of a selective nonpeptide V(2)-vasopressin receptor antagonist, SR121463, in cirrhotic ratsW Jimenez
Hormonal Laboratory, Institut d Investigacions Biomediques August Pi i Sunyer, Hospital Clinic Universitari, University of Barcelona and Instituto Reina Sofia de Investigaciones Nefrológicas, Barcelona, Spain
J Pharmacol Exp Ther 295:83-90. 2000..During the first 6 days of treatment, SR121463 also increased U(Na)V without affecting mean arterial pressure. These data suggest that SR121463 could be of therapeutical value for chronic management of human cirrhosis...
- Nitric oxide production and inducible nitric oxide synthase expression in peritoneal macrophages of cirrhotic patientsW Jimenez
Hormonal Laboratory, Hospital Clínic Universitari and Institut d Investigacions Biomèdiques August Pi i Sunyer IDIBAPS, University of Barcelona, Barcelona, Spain
Hepatology 30:670-6. 1999....
- Adenoviral dominant-negative soluble PDGFRβ improves hepatic collagen, systemic hemodynamics, and portal pressure in fibrotic ratsV Reichenbach
Biochemistry and Molecular Genetics Service, Hospital Clínic Provincial de Barcelona, IDIBAPS, Centro de Investigación Biomédica en Red de Enfermedades Hepáticas y Digestivas, University of Barcelona, Barcelona, Spain
J Hepatol 57:967-73. 2012..Thereafter, we investigated the effects produced by an adenovirus encoding a dominant-negative soluble PDGFRβ (sPDGFRβ) on hemodynamic parameters, PDGFRβ signaling pathway, and fibrosis...
- Renal and neurohormonal changes following simultaneous administration of systemic vasoconstrictors and dopamine or prostacyclin in cirrhotic patients with hepatorenal syndromeJ Salo
Department of Medicine, Hospital Clinic i Provincial, Barcelona, Spain
J Hepatol 25:916-23. 1996..The renal effects of the i.v. infusion of norepinephrine plus prostacyclin in patients with hepatorenal syndrome were also assessed...
- Vascular endothelial growth factor and angiopoietin-2 play a major role in the pathogenesis of vascular leakage in cirrhotic ratsP Melgar-Lesmes
Biochemistry and Molecular Genetics Service, Institut d Investigacions Biomediques August Pi i Sunyer, University of Barcelona, Barcelona, Spain
Gut 58:285-92. 2009....
- Inactivation of extrahepatic vascular Akt improves systemic hemodynamics and sodium excretion in cirrhotic ratsG Fernandez-Varo
Biochemistry and Molecular Genetics Service, Hospital Clinic, Institut d Investigacions Biomediques August Pi i Sunyer IDIBAPS, Centro de Investigacion Biomedica en Red de Enfermedades Hepaticas y Digestivas CIBERehd, University of Barcelona, Barcelona, Spain
J Hepatol 53:1041-8. 2010..Ultimately, we sought to determine whether endothelial transduction of a constitutively inactive mutant of Akt (AA-Akt) improves circulatory function and sodium excretion in cirrhotic rats with ascites...
- Randomized trial comparing albumin, dextran 70, and polygeline in cirrhotic patients with ascites treated by paracentesisA Gines
Liver Unit, Hospital Clinic i Provincial, Barcelona, Spain
Gastroenterology 111:1002-10. 1996..This study investigated the clinical importance of paracentesis-induced-circulatory dysfunction and compared the efficacy of albumin, dextran 70, and polygeline in preventing this complication...
- Complications of cirrhosis. II. Renal and circulatory dysfunction. Lights and shadows in an important clinical problemV Arroyo
Institute of Digestive Diseases and Hormonal Laboratory, Hospital Clinic Universitari, University of Barcelona, Spain
J Hepatol 32:157-70. 2000..The mechanism of bacterial translocation and of the colonization of bacteria in the ascitic fluid are particularly important to design adequate measures for primary prophylaxis of this severe bacterial infection...
- Increased anandamide induced relaxation in mesenteric arteries of cirrhotic rats: role of cannabinoid and vanilloid receptorsM Domenicali
Laboratorio Hormonal, Hospital Clinic Universitari, Villarroel 170, Barcelona 08036, Spain
Gut 54:522-7. 2005..As anandamide has been implicated in the vasodilated state in advanced cirrhosis, the study investigated whether the mesenteric bed from cirrhotic rats has an altered and selective vasodilator response to anandamide...
- [Ascites and vascular dysfunction in human liver cirrhosis: new pathophysiologic concepts for a severe complication]M Morales-Ruiz
Laboratorio de Hormonas, Hospital Clinic Universitari, Institut d Investigacions Biomèdiques August Pi i Sunyer e Instituto Reina Sofía de Investigaciones Nefrológicas, Universidad de Barcelona, Barcelona
Nefrologia 23:58-61. 2003
- Origins of cardiac dysfunction in cirrhosisW Jimenez
Hormonal Laboratory, Hospital Clinic, University of Barcelona, Spain
Gut 52:1392-4. 2003
- Assessment of liver fibrosis before and after antiviral therapy by different serum marker panels in patients with chronic hepatitis CS M Martinez
Hospital Clinic, IDIBAPS and Ciberehd, Barcelona, Spain
Aliment Pharmacol Ther 33:138-48. 2011..Liver biopsy is the reference standard to assess liver fibrosis in chronic hepatitis C...
- Early non-invasive selection of patients at high risk of severe hepatitis C recurrence after liver transplantationG Crespo
Liver Unit, Hospital Clinic, IDIBAPS and Ciberehd, University of Barcelona, Barcelona, Spain
Transpl Infect Dis 18:471-9. 2016..The early identification of patients at high risk of severe post liver transplant hepatitis C recurrence is relevant, as these patients may be treated using interferon (IFN)-free regimens...
- Increased production of vascular endothelial growth factor in peritoneal macrophages of cirrhotic patients with spontaneous bacterial peritonitisP Cejudo-Martin
Hormonal Laboratory, Hospital Clínic Universitari and Institut d Investigacions Biomèdiques August Pi i Sunyer, University of Barcelona, Barcelona, Spain
Hepatology 34:487-93. 2001..These results, therefore, are consistent with the concept that locally released macrophage-derived VEGF may result in increased vascular permeability and plasma leakage in the peritoneal vessels of cirrhotic patients with SBP...
- Accuracy of immunoassay and mass spectrometry urinary free cortisol in the diagnosis of Cushing's syndromeG Aranda
Group of Endocrine Disorders, IDIBAPS, Barcelona, Spain
Pituitary 19:496-502. 2016..The aim of this study was to evaluate the diagnostic value of mass spectrometry versus immunoassay measurements of 24 h-UFC in the screening of CS...
- A prognostic model for predicting survival in cirrhosis with ascitesG Fernandez-Esparrach
Liver Unit, Institut de Malalties Digestives, Hospital Clinic, IDIBAPS, Barcelona, Spain
J Hepatol 34:46-52. 2001..The aim of the current study was to develop a prognostic model to estimate survival of patients with cirrhosis and ascites...