- [Bronchiolitis obliterans associated with paraneoplastic pemphigus: a paraneoplastic autoimmune multiorgan syndrome]P Iranzo
Servicio de Dermatologia, Hospital Clinic, IDIBAPS, Barcelona, Spain
Arch Bronconeumol 40:240-3. 2004..Recent evidence of bronchial epithelium involvement has led to the suggestion that this process is a paraneoplastic autoimmune multiorgan syndrome...
- Bullous pemphigoid associated with mantle cell lymphomaPilar Iranzo
Departments of Dermatology and Pathology, Hospital Clinic, Universitat de Barcelona, Barcelona, Spain
Arch Dermatol 140:1496-9. 2004..Bullous pemphigoid has developed in association with different types of malignant diseases, including a few cases of B-cell lymphoproliferative disorders. However, the paraneoplastic significance of this association is still controversial...
- Gold: an old drug still working in refractory pemphigusP Iranzo
Department of Dermatology, Hospital Clinic, Barcelona 08036, Spain
J Eur Acad Dermatol Venereol 21:902-7. 2007..Different adjuvants have been used to reduce side-effects of long-term corticotherapy. Gold is an anti-inflammatory drug used in autoimmune diseases, whose use has waned with the advent of new immunosuppressive agents...
- Correlation of immunological profile with phenotype and disease outcome in pemphigusJosep E Herrero-Gonzalez
Department of Dermatology, IMIM Hospital del Mar, Barcelona, Spain
Acta Derm Venereol 90:401-5. 2010....
- High-dose intravenous immunoglobulins for the treatment of autoimmune mucocutaneous blistering diseases: evaluation of its use in 19 casesSonia Segura
Department of Dermatology, Hospital Clinic, Barcelona, Spain
J Am Acad Dermatol 56:960-7. 2007..Recently, high-dose intravenous immunoglobulin (IVIg) has been employed in selected cases, with excellent results in most of them...
- Rituximab in childhood pemphigus vulgaris: a long-term follow-up case and review of the literatureIrene Fuertes
Department of Dermatology, Hospital Clinic, Universitat de Barcelona, Barcelona, Spain
Dermatology 221:13-6. 2010..Based on the experience of this case and the data reported in the literature, we believe that rituximab may be a safe and efficacious agent for the treatment of severe CPV...
- Efficacy of conversion to sirolimus in posttransplantation Kaposi's sarcomaA Gutierrez-Dalmau
Department of Nephrology and Renal Transplant Hospital Clinic, Institut d Investigacions Biomediques August Pi i Sunyer IDIBAPS, University of Barcelona, Spain
Transplant Proc 37:3836-8. 2005..We postulated that conversion to SRL in renal recipients with KS favored regression of KS lesions without increasing the risk of graft rejection...
- Pyoderma vegetans associated with severe psoriatic arthritis: good response to etanerceptCristina Carrera
Department of Dermatology, Hospital Clinic de Barcelona, Barcelona University, Barcelona, Spain
Dermatology 214:77-81. 2007..Etanercept was introduced, which resulted in a marked improvement within 3 weeks. Herein, we report a diagnostic and therapeutic challenge of the first case of PV associated with psoriasis that presented a good response to etanercept...
- Management of autoimmune blistering diseases in SpainRicardo Suárez
Department of Dermatology, Hospital General Universitario Gregorio Maranon, Calle del Doctor Esquerdo, 46, 28007 Madrid, Spain
Dermatol Clin 29:673-6. 2011..In Spain there are very few dermatologists and dermatology clinics specialized in AIBD. This article provides an overview of the management of AIBD in Spain at the present time...
- Paraneoplastic pemphigus associated with non-Hodgkin B-cell lymphoma and good response to prednisoneMaria Isabel Martinez De Pablo
Servicio de Dermatologia, Hospital Clinic, C Villaroel 170, ES 08036 Barcelona, Spain
Acta Derm Venereol 85:233-5. 2005....
- All that glitters is not pemphigus: Pyodermatitis-pyostomatitis vegetans misdiagnosed as IgA pemphigus for 8 yearsCristina Abellaneda
Department of Dermatology, Hospital Clinic Barcelona University, Barcelona, Spain
Am J Dermatopathol 33:e1-6. 2011..The clue for the final diagnosis was the diagnosis of a concomitant ulcerative colitis, which prompted us to reconsider his cutaneous disease...
- Atypical pemphigus: discordance between clinicopathological findings and the antigenic profile in four casesJosep E Herrero-Gonzalez
Department of Dermatology, Hospital Clinic and Barcelona University School of Medicine, Barcelona, Spain
J Cutan Pathol 33:502-7. 2006..In recent years, the antigenic profile of both diseases has been further defined by immunobiochemical techniques (ELISA, immunoblot, and immunoprecipitation)...
- Consensus statement on definitions of disease, end points, and therapeutic response for pemphigusDedee F Murrell
Department of Dermatology at St George Hospital, University of NSW, Sydney, Australia
J Am Acad Dermatol 58:1043-6. 2008..These should assist in development of consistent reporting of outcomes in future studies...
- Dermatomyositis associated with acute myeloid leukaemia: a paraneoplastic association or a drug-induced phenomenon?Cristina Carrera
Acta Derm Venereol 84:401-2. 2004