Genomes and Genes
Affiliation: Hospital del Mar
- Murine embryonic stem cell-derived pancreatic acinar cells recapitulate features of early pancreatic differentiationMeritxell Rovira
Cancer Research Program, Institut Municipal d Investigacio Medica, Barcelona, Spain
Gastroenterology 135:1301-1310, 1310.e1-5. 2008..However, there are limited models to study normal acinar cell differentiation in vitro. The aim of this work was to generate and characterize purified populations of pancreatic acinar cells from embryonic stem (ES) cells...
- Directed pancreatic acinar differentiation of mouse embryonic stem cells via embryonic signalling molecules and exocrine transcription factorsFabien Delaspre
Cancer Research Program, Institut Hospital del Mar d Investigacions Mèdiques IMIM, Biomedical Research Park, Barcelona, Spain
PLoS ONE 8:e54243. 2013..This study provides a novel method to produce functional pancreatic exocrine cells from ESC...
- Transforming growth factor (TGF)beta, fibroblast growth factor (FGF) and retinoid signalling pathways promote pancreatic exocrine gene expression in mouse embryonic stem cellsAnouchka Skoudy
Unitat de Biologia Cel lular i Molecular, Institut Municipal d Investigacio Medica, 08003 Barcelona, Spain
Biochem J 379:749-56. 2004....
- Viral-mediated coexpression of Pdx1 and p48 regulates exocrine pancreatic differentiation in mouse ES cellsMeritxell Rovira
Cell and Molecular Biology Unit, Institut Municipal d Investigacio Medica IMIM, Dr Aiguader 88, Barcelona, Spain
Cloning Stem Cells 9:327-38. 2007..Therefore, combined expression of key genes involved in pancreatic development may be a promising approach to generate mature pancreatic exocrine cells...
- The epigenetic regulators Bmi1 and Ring1B are differentially regulated in pancreatitis and pancreatic ductal adenocarcinomaCarles Martínez-Romero
Institut Municipal d Investigacio Medica, Hospital del Mar, Barcelona, Spain
J Pathol 219:205-13. 2009..Our results suggest that Bmi1 and Ring1B are modulated in pancreatic diseases and could contribute differently to tumour development...
- Pancreatic ductal adenocarcinoma and transcription factors: role of c-MycAnouchka Skoudy
Cancer Research Programme, IMIM Institut de Recerca Hospital del Mar, Dr Aiguader 88, Barcelona, Spain
J Gastrointest Cancer 42:76-84. 2011..Furthermore, most oncogenic signaling pathways converge on sets of transcription factors that ultimately control gene expression patterns resulting in cancer development, progression, and metastasis...
- PTF1alpha/p48 transcription factor couples proliferation and differentiation in the exocrine pancreas [corrected]Annie Rodolosse
Unitat de Biologia Cellular i Molecular, Institut Municipal d Investigacio Medica, Barcelona, Spain
Gastroenterology 127:937-49. 2004..The aim was to analyze the ability of p48 to modulate cell proliferation, its relationship with cell differentiation, and the mechanisms involved therein...
- Pancreatic ductal adenocarcinoma: cellular origin, signaling pathways and stroma contributionInmaculada Hernández-Muñoz
Programa de Recerca en Càncer, Institut Municipal d Investigació Mèdica IMIM Hospital del Mar, Barcelona, Spain
Pancreatology 8:462-9. 2008..An improved understanding of these key aspects for PDAC ontogeny will open new avenues for tumor prevention, early detection, and improved therapy...
- Diabetes and exocrine pancreatic insufficiency in E2F1/E2F2 double-mutant miceAinhoa Iglesias
Department of Genetics, Physical Anthropology and Animal Physiology, Faculty of Sciences, University of the Basque Country, Bilbao, Spain
J Clin Invest 113:1398-407. 2004..These results suggest that E2F1/E2F2 activity negatively controls growth of mature pancreatic cells and is necessary for the maintenance of differentiated pancreatic phenotypes in the adult...