Affiliation: Hospital Universitari Germans Trias i Pujol
- [Contribution of human papillomavirus second-generation hybrid capture test for the diagnosis of cervical pathology in HIV-infected outpatients]Guillem Sirera
Unidad VIH, Servicio de Medicina, Hospital Universitario Germans Trias i Pujol, Universitat Autonoma de Barcelona, Ctra de Canyet s n, 08916 Badalona, Barcelona, Spain
Med Clin (Barc) 125:127-31. 2005....
- Results of a study of prolonging treatment with pegylated interferon-alpha2a plus ribavirin in HIV/HCV-coinfected patients with no early virological responseDaniel Fuster
HIV Clinical Unit Fundació de Lluita contra la SIDA Internal Medicine Service University Hospital Germans Trias i Pujol, Universitat Autonoma de Barcelona, Badalona, Barcelona, Spain
Antivir Ther 11:473-82. 2006..To assess the efficacy and safety of an extended treatment period in HIV/hepatitis C virus (HCV)-coinfected patients without early virological response (EVR)...
- Differences in virological response to pegylated interferon and ribavirin between hepatitis C virus (HCV)-monoinfected and HCV-HIV-coinfected patientsCristina Tural
HIV Clinical Unit, Internal Medicine Department, Fundació de la Lluita contra la SIDA, University Hospital Germans Trias i Pujol, Universitat Autonoma de Barcelona, Barcelona, Spain
Antivir Ther 13:1047-55. 2008..Suboptimal doses of ribavirin have been suggested to explain the diminished efficacy of pegylated interferon (PEG-IFN) plus ribavirin in hepatitis C virus (HCV)-HIV-coinfected patients...
- Highly active antiretroviral therapy and incidence of cervical squamous intraepithelial lesions among HIV-infected women with normal cytology and CD4 counts above 350 cells/mm3Guillem Sirera
HIV Clinical Unit, Department of Medicine, University Hospital Germans Trias i Pujol, Universitat Autònoma de Barcelona U A B, Badalona, Barcelona, Spain
J Antimicrob Chemother 61:191-4. 2008....
- Poor response to hepatitis C virus (HCV) therapy in HIV- and HCV-coinfected patients is not due to lower adherence to treatmentRicard Sola
Liver Section, Hospital del Mar, Institut Municipal d Investigacio Medica, Universitat Autonoma de Barcelona, 08003 Barcelona, Spain
AIDS Res Hum Retroviruses 22:393-400. 2006..In addition to improved adherence, in coinfected patients more aggressive therapeutic strategies may be necessary to achieve SVR...
- Influence of prior structured treatment interruptions on the length of time without antiretroviral treatment in chronically HIV-infected subjectsJose Molto
HIV Clinical Unit Lluita Contra Ia Sida Foundation, Hospital Universitari Germans Trias i Pujol, 08916 Badalona, Barcelona, Spain
AIDS Res Hum Retroviruses 20:1283-8. 2004..Previous STIs do not influence time off therapy when HAART is definitively discontinued in chronically HIV-infected subjects. CD4 nadir is an important factor in the treatment discontinuation decision...
- Short communication. Baseline factors associated with haematological toxicity that leads to a dosage reduction of pegylated interferon-alpha2a and ribavirin in HIV- and HCV-coinfected patients on HCV antiviral therapyDaniel Fuster
HIV Clinical Unit Fundació de la Lluita contra la SIDA Internal Medicine Service and Hepatology Unit, University Hospital Germans Trias i Pujol, Universitat Autonoma de Barcelona, Badalona, Spain
Antivir Ther 10:841-7. 2005..To assess the baseline factors associated with haematological toxicity that lead to ribavirin or pegylated interferon (peginterferon) dosage reductions in hepatitis C and human immunodeficiency virus (HCV/HIV)-coinfected patients...
- Advanced liver fibrosis in HIV/HCV-coinfected patients on antiretroviral therapyDaniel Fuster
HIV Clinical Unit Department, University Hospital Germans Trias i Pujol, Universitat Autonoma de Barcelona UAB, 08916 Badalona, Barcelona, Spain
AIDS Res Hum Retroviruses 20:1293-7. 2004..HIV infection is associated with advanced liver fibrosis. HIV/HCV-coinfected individuals on HAART are at risk of developing end-stage liver disease despite virological success and immunological reconstitution...
- Accuracy of simple biochemical tests in identifying liver fibrosis in patients co-infected with human immunodeficiency virus and hepatitis C virusCristina Tural
HIV Clinical Unit, Fundació de la Lluita contra la SIDA, Barcelona, Spain
Clin Gastroenterol Hepatol 7:339-45. 2009..We assessed the ability of 3 simple biochemical tests to stage liver fibrosis in patients co-infected with human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) and hepatitis C virus (HCV)...
- Role of structured treatment interruption before a 5-drug salvage antiretroviral regimen: the Retrogene StudyLidia Ruiz
Retrovirology Laboratory, IrsiCaixa Foundation and Lluita contra la SIDA Foundation, Hospital Germans Trias i Pujol, Universitat Autonoma de Barcelona, Barcelona, Spain
J Infect Dis 188:977-85. 2003..66; 95% confidence interval, 0.47-0.93; P=.021). A prior STI seems to confer no additional benefit to subsequent virological or immunological outcomes of a salvage regimen...
- Long-term neuropsychiatric disorders on efavirenz-based approaches: quality of life, psychologic issues, and adherenceCarmina R Fumaz
Lluita contra la SIDA Foundation, HIV Unit Germans Trias i Pujol Hospital, Autonomous University of Barcelona, Barcelona, Spain
J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr 38:560-5. 2005..Efavirenz has been associated with neuropsychiatric disorders, although little is known about its long-term toxicity...
- Natural history of human papillomavirus infections involving anal, penile, and oral sites among HIV-positive menSebastian Videla
Lluita contra la SIDA Foundation, Barcelona, Spain
Sex Transm Dis 40:3-10. 2013..The aim of this study was to characterize the natural history of human papillomavirus (HPV) infection at anal canal, penile, and oral sites in HIV-positive men based on their sexual behavior...
- Evaluation of an array-based method for human papillomavirus detection and genotyping in comparison with conventional methods used in cervical cancer screeningNerea García-Sierra
Microbiology Service, Hospital Universitari Germans Trias i Pujol, Microbiology Department, Universitat Autonoma de Barcelona, Badalona, Spain
J Clin Microbiol 47:2165-9. 2009..The array method also made allowed us to determine the possible contribution of the available vaccines in our setting...
- Randomised study to assess the efficacy and safety of once-daily etravirine-based regimen as a switching strategy in HIV-infected patients receiving a protease inhibitor-containing regimen. Etraswitch studyPatricia Echeverria
Department of HIV, Lluita contra la SIDA Foundation, Germans Trias i Pujol University Hospital, Autonomous University of Barcelona, Barcelona, Spain
PLoS ONE 9:e84676. 2014..It has also shown antiviral efficacy in antiretroviral-naïve patients. However, data on the switching from protease inhibitors (PI) to ETR are lacking...
- Reversal of atherogenic lipoprotein profile in HIV-1 infected patients with lipodystrophy after replacing protease inhibitors by nevirapineEugenia Negredo
Lluita contra la SIDA Foundation, Germans Trias i Pujol University Hospital, Universitat Autonoma de Barcelona, Badalona, Spain
AIDS 16:1383-9. 2002..Treatment simplification approaches in which PI are replaced by nevirapine (NVP) have been shown to improve PI-related toxicity...
- Prevalence of ischemic heart disease and management of coronary risk in daily clinical practice: results from a Mediterranean cohort of HIV-infected patientsPatricia Echeverria
Lluita contra la SIDA Foundation, Hospital Universitari Germans Trias i Pujol, Badalona, 08916 Barcelona, Spain Universitat Autònoma de Barcelona, Barcelona, Spain
Biomed Res Int 2014:823058. 2014..There are conflicting data on the prevalence of coronary events and the quality of the management of modifiable cardiovascular risk factors (CVRF) in HIV-infected patients...
- Early HCV dynamics on Peg-interferon and ribavirin in HIV/HCV co-infection: indications for the investigation of new treatment approachesAngel Luis Ballesteros
HIV Clinical Unit, University Hospital Germans Trias i Pujol, Universitat Autonoma de Barcelona, Barcelona, Spain
AIDS 18:59-66. 2004..To investigate the baseline mutations in the interferon sensitivity determining region (ISDR)2209-2248 in the non-structural 5A protein of HCV according to genotype...
- [Lymphogranuloma venereum proctocolitis in men with HIV-1 infection]Eva Heras
Servicio de Medicina Interna, Hospital Universitari Germans Trias i Pujol, Universitat Autonoma de Barcelona, Badalona, Barcelona, Espana
Enferm Infecc Microbiol Clin 29:124-6. 2011..We present a series of 15 cases with lymphogranuloma venereum (LGV) with the aim of evaluating the response to a 21-day oral course of doxycycline (100mg twice daily)...
- Quality of life, emotional status, and adherence of HIV-1-infected patients treated with efavirenz versus protease inhibitor-containing regimensCarmina R Fumaz
HIV Unit, Fundació Lluita SIDA and IrsiCaixa Retrovirology Laboratory, Germans Trias i Pujol University Hospital, Badalona, Catalonia, Spain
J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr 29:244-53. 2002....
- Severe interaction between ritonavir and acenocoumarolJosep M Llibre
Internal Medicine Department, Hospital Sant Jaume, Barcelona, Spain
Ann Pharmacother 36:621-3. 2002..To report a clinically severe interaction between ritonavir (RTV) and acenocoumarol resulting in a decrease in the anticoagulant effect severe enough to eventually preclude RTV administration...
- Virological, immunological, and clinical impact of switching from protease inhibitors to nevirapine or to efavirenz in patients with human immunodeficiency virus infection and long-lasting viral suppressionEugenia Negredo
Fundació Lluita contra la Sida, Hospital Universitari Germans Trias i Pujol, Barcelona, Spain
Clin Infect Dis 34:504-10. 2002..Quality of life significantly improved for groups A and B. In patients receiving effective PI-based therapy, the replacement of the PI with either nevirapine or efavirenz is safe and virologically effective...
- Evolution of cervical cytologic changes among HIV-infected women with normal cytology in the HAART eraGuillem Sirera
Department of Medicine, University Hospital Germans Trias i Pujol, Badalona Barcelona 08916, Spain
AIDS Res Hum Retroviruses 23:965-71. 2007..The effect of HAART on the control of HIV replication and of immunological status (>200 CD4) through the follow-up was associated with a reduction of SIL...
- Efavirenz induces a striking and generalized increase of HDL-cholesterol in HIV-infected patientsEugenia Negredo
AIDS 18:819-21. 2004
- Pegylated liposomal doxorubicin plus highly active antiretroviral therapy versus highly active antiretroviral therapy alone in HIV patients with Kaposi's sarcomaLuz Martin-Carbonero
AIDS 18:1737-40. 2004..After 48 weeks, better response rates were observed in the HAART plus PLD group (76% versus 20%). In HIV-infected patients with moderate-advanced KS, HAART alone may not be enough for KS response...
- Long-term prognosis of HIV-infected patients with Kaposi sarcoma treated with pegylated liposomal doxorubicinL Martin-Carbonero
Dept of Infectious Diseases, Hospital Carlos III, Madrid, Spain
Clin Infect Dis 47:410-7. 2008..However, this tumor still represents the most common cancer in this population...
- Advanced stage is the most important prognostic factor for survival in patients with systemic acquired immunodeficiency syndrome-related non-Hodgkin's Lymphoma treated with CHOP and highly active antiretroviral therapyJosé Tomás Navarro
Department of Hematology, Institut Catala d Oncologia, Hospital Germans Trias i Pujol, Badalona
Int J Hematol 86:337-42. 2007..Patients with an advanced stage had a lower OS probability in a multivariate analysis (odds ratio, 4.24; 95% CI, 1.24- 14.57). Advanced stage was the main prognostic factor predicting survival in ARL treated with CHOP and HAART...
- Amphotericin B lipid complex versus meglumine antimoniate in the treatment of visceral leishmaniasis in patients infected with HIV: a randomized pilot studyFernando Laguna
Servicio de Enfermedades Infecciosas, Hospital Carlos III, Instituto de Salud Carlos III, C Sinesio Delgado 12, 28029 Madrid, Spain
J Antimicrob Chemother 52:464-8. 2003..0006). The efficacy of ABLC is similar to meglumine antimoniate, but the severity of toxicity in the treatment of HIV-VL is lower with ABLC...
- Favorable impact of virological response to highly active antiretroviral therapy on survival in patients with AIDS-related lymphomaJosé Tomás Navarro
Hematology Service, Hospital Universitari Germans Trias i Pujol, Badalona, Universitat Autònoma de Barcelona Barcelona, Spain
Leuk Lymphoma 43:1837-42. 2002..0168 and P = 0.028, respectively). We conclude that HAART is an independent prognostic factor for CR attainment, OS and DFS in patients with ARL treated with CHOP. Those patients with virological response to HAART had a better survival...
- High prevalence of human papillomavirus infection in the anus, penis and mouth in HIV-positive menGuillem Sirera
HIV Clinical Unit, Department of Medicine, and Lluita Contra La SIDA Foundation, University Hospital Germans Trias i Pujol, Badalona Barcelona 08916, Spain
AIDS 20:1201-4. 2006....
- Constraints on HIV-1 evolution and immunodominance revealed in monozygotic adult twins infected with the same virusRika Draenert
Howard Hughes Medical Institute, Massachusetts General Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Charlestown, MA 02129, USA
J Exp Med 203:529-39. 2006..These results reveal considerable concordance of adaptive cellular and humoral immune responses and HIV evolution in the same genetic environment, suggesting constraints on mutational pathways to HIV immune escape...