Affiliation: Hospital Universitari Vall d'Hebron
- Integration of Smad and forkhead pathways in the control of neuroepithelial and glioblastoma cell proliferationJoan Seoane
Cancer Biology and Genetics Program and Howard Hughes Medical Institute, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, 1275 York Avenue, 1300 York Avenue, New York, NY 1002, USA
Cell 117:211-23. 2004..We suggest that the activity of this network confers resistance to TGF-beta-mediated cytostasis during the development of the telencephalic neuroepithelium and in glioblastoma brain tumor cells...
- p21(WAF1/CIP1) at the switch between the anti-oncogenic and oncogenic faces of TGFbetaJoan Seoane
Laboratory of Oncology Research, Medical Oncology Service, Vall d Hebron University Hospital, Psg Vall d Hebron 119 129, 08035 Barcelona, Spain
Cancer Biol Ther 3:226-7. 2004
- Myc suppression of the p21(Cip1) Cdk inhibitor influences the outcome of the p53 response to DNA damageJoan Seoane
Cell Biology Program and Howard Hughes Medical Institute, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, New York, NY 10021, USA
Nature 419:729-34. 2002..By inhibiting p21(Cip1) expression Myc favours the initiation of apoptosis, thereby influencing the outcome of a p53 response in favour of cell death...
- Escaping from the TGFbeta anti-proliferative controlJoan Seoane
Institucio Catalana de Recerca i Estudis Avancats ICREA, Medical Oncology Program Vall d Hebron University Hospital Research Institute, Barcelona, Spain
Carcinogenesis 27:2148-56. 2006..The understanding of how the TGFbeta signal is disrupted in cancer might facilitate the design and development of rational and successful therapeutic strategies...
- High TGFbeta-Smad activity confers poor prognosis in glioma patients and promotes cell proliferation depending on the methylation of the PDGF-B geneAlejandra Bruna
Medical Oncology Program, Vall d Hebron University Hospital Research Institute, 08035 Barcelona, Spain
Cancer Cell 11:147-60. 2007..The epigenetic regulation of the PDGF-B gene dictates whether TGFbeta acts as an oncogenic factor inducing PDGF-B and proliferation in human glioma...
- Opposite Smad and chicken ovalbumin upstream promoter transcription factor inputs in the regulation of the collagen VII gene promoter by transforming growth factor-betaMaría Julia Calonge
Cell Biology Program and Howard Hughes Medical Institute, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, New York, New York 10021, USA
J Biol Chem 279:23759-65. 2004..The results suggest that TGF-beta signaling may exert tight control over COL7A1 by offsetting the balance between opposing Smad and COUP-TFs...
- Smad transcription factorsJoan Massague
Cancer Biology and Genetics Program, Howard Hughes Medical Institute, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, New York, New York 10021, USA
Genes Dev 19:2783-810. 2005..Our growing understanding of TGFbeta signaling through the Smad pathway provides general principles for how animal cells translate complex inputs into concrete behavior...
- A FoxO-Smad synexpression group in human keratinocytesRoger R Gomis
Cancer Biology and Genetics Program, Howard Hughes Medical Institute, and Bioinformatics Core Facility, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, New York, NY 10021, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 103:12747-52. 2006..The composition of the FoxO-Smad synexpression group suggests that stress reactions and adaptive functions accompany the cytostatic response of keratinocytes to TGF-beta...
- TGF-beta signalling-related markers in cancer patients with bone metastasisJose Baselga
Vall d Hebron University Hospital, Barcelona, Spain
Biomarkers 13:217-36. 2008..PBMC were stimulated ex vivo to determine the individual biological variability of an ex vivo assay measuring pSMAD expression. This assay performed sufficiently well to allow its future use in a clinical trial of a TGF-beta inhibitor...