Affiliation: Hospital Universitari de Bellvitge
- [Other infections (Streptococcus pneumoniae, Haemophilus influenzae, Pseudomonas aeruginosa, Salmonella spp., Campylobacter spp., Nocardia asteroides, Rhodococcus equi and Bartonella spp.)]M Santin
Ciutat Sanitaria i Universitaria de Bellvitge, L Hospitalet, Barcelona
Enferm Infecc Microbiol Clin 16:61-6. 1998..1 per 100 py) and soft tissue infections (3.5 per 100 py). In this review clinical characteristics and treatment recommendations according to data available in the literature for these infections are summarized...
- Mycobacterium kansasii disease among patients infected with human immunodeficiency virus type 1: improved prognosis in the era of highly active antiretroviral therapyM Santin
Department of Infectious Diseases, Hospital Universitari de Bellvitge, L Hospitalet, Barcelona, Spain
Int J Tuberc Lung Dis 7:673-7. 2003..To investigate changes in survival and trends in occurrence of Mycobacterium kansasii disease in HIV-infected patients after implementation of highly active antiretroviral therapy (HAART)...
- Impact of hepatitis C virus coinfection on immune restoration during successful antiretroviral therapy in chronic human immunodeficiency virus type 1 diseaseM Santin
Department of Infectious Diseases, IDIBELL, Hospital Universitari de Bellvitge, University of Barcelona, c Feixa Llarga s n, 08907, L Hospitalet, Barcelona, Spain
Eur J Clin Microbiol Infect Dis 27:65-73. 2008..However, as good control of viral replication is maintained, satisfactory long-term immune restoration can nonetheless be achieved...
- Efficacy and safety of pegylated interferon-alpha2b plus ribavirin for the treatment of chronic hepatitis C in HIV-infected patientsMiguel Santin
Infectious Diseases Service, IDIBELL, Hospital Universitari de Bellvitge, Barcelona, Spain
AIDS Res Hum Retroviruses 22:315-20. 2006..Efforts should be focused on optimizing management of side effects and counseling to improve adherence and to keep patients on treatment. Assessment of HCV-RNA at week 4 may help guide early therapeutic decision making...
- Safety and efficacy of an induction dose of pegylated interferon alpha-2a on early hepatitis C virus kinetics in HIV/HCV co-infected patients: the CORAL-1 multicentre pilot studyC Tural
HIV Clinical Unit, Hospital Germans Trias i Pujol, Universitat Autonoma de Barcelona, Barcelona, Spain
J Viral Hepat 14:704-13. 2007..Despite the lack of benefit with this regimen, induction therapy with this schedule was safe and well tolerated in co-infected patients...
- Incidence and molecular typing of Mycobacterium kansasii in a defined geographical area in Catalonia, SpainM Santin
Department of Infectious Diseases, Hospital Universitari de Bellvitge, Barcelona, Spain
Epidemiol Infect 132:425-32. 2004..kansasii disease in our area. M. kansasii disease in our geographical area was almost exclusively caused by subtype I regardless of HIV status...
- HIV-1 infected patients older than 50 years. PISCIS cohort studyG Navarro
Corporación Sanitaria Parc Taulí, Sabadell, Barcelona, Spain
J Infect 57:64-71. 2008..The aim of this study is to characterize the ways in which older HIV-infected people differ from younger HIV-infected people...
- Long-term relapses after 12-month treatment for Mycobacterium kansasii lung diseaseM Santin
Department of Infectious Diseases, Institut d Investigació Biomèdica de Bellvitge IDIBELL, Hospital Universitari de Bellvitge, University of Barcelona, c Feixa Llarga s n 08907, L Hospitalet de Llobregat, Barcelona, Spain
Eur Respir J 33:148-52. 2009..In conclusion, a 12-month fixed-course treatment is effective in most cases of Mycobacterium kansasii lung disease, but may not be long enough for all patients...
- Clinical features and outcome of spontaneous bacterial peritonitis in HIV-infected cirrhotic patients: a case-control studyE Shaw
Department of Infectious Diseases, IDIBELL, Hospital Universitari de Bellvitge, c Feixa Llarga s n, 08907 L Hospitalet, Barcelona, Spain
Eur J Clin Microbiol Infect Dis 25:291-8. 2006..Life expectancy in these patients, once spontaneous bacterial peritonitis has developed, is poor. These data are particularly relevant for determining the optimal time for liver transplantation in this population...
- Group B streptococcal disease in nonpregnant adults: incidence, clinical characteristics, and outcomeD Blancas
Department of Infectious Diseases, Hospital Universitari de Bellvitge, c Feixa Llarga s n, 08907 L Hospitalet, Barcelona, Spain
Eur J Clin Microbiol Infect Dis 23:168-73. 2004..The clinical spectrum of the disease ranges from localized to severe bacteremic infections. Shock at diagnosis and cancer are factors independently associated with a higher fatality rate...
- Pneumocystis jirovecii pneumonia in Spanish HIV-infected patients in the combined antiretroviral therapy era: prevalence of dihydropteroate synthase mutations and prognostic factors of mortalityMiriam J Alvarez-Martinez
Hospital Clinic IDIBAPS, Universitat de Barcelona, Barcelona, Spain
Diagn Microbiol Infect Dis 62:34-43. 2008..03 and P < 0.001, respectively). The prevalence of DHPS mutants in Spain is low and is not associated with a worse outcome. Severe respiratory failure at admission is the strongest predictor of PCP outcome...
- Clinical features and outcomes of tuberculosis in solid organ transplant recipientsM Bodro
Infectious Diseases Department, Hospital Universitari de Bellvitge, Barcelona, Spain
Transplant Proc 44:2686-9. 2012..We sought to assess the frequency, clinical characteristics, treatments, and outcomes of TB among SOT recipients...
- Detection of interleukin-2 is not useful for distinguishing between latent and active tuberculosis in clinical practice: a prospective cohort studyM Santin
Service of Infectious Diseases, Bellvitge University Hospital IDIBELL, L Hospitalet de Llobregat, Barcelona, Spain Department of Clinical Sciences, University of Barcelona, L Hospitalet de Llobregat, Barcelona, Spain Electronic address
Clin Microbiol Infect 22:1007.e1-1007.e5. 2016..However, its validity has not been tested in an appropriate clinical cohort...