Affiliation: Hospital Universitari de Bellvitge
- Contribution of a urinary antigen assay (Binax NOW) to the early diagnosis of pneumococcal pneumoniaBeatriz Roson
Department of Infectious Diseases, Hospital Universitari de Bellvitge, University of Barcelona, Barcelona, Spain
Clin Infect Dis 38:222-6. 2004..On the basis of our results, a sequential approach is proposed, with reservation of urinary antigen testing for high-risk patients for whom demonstrative results of a sputum Gram stain are unavailable...
- Community-acquired pneumonia in very elderly patients: causative organisms, clinical characteristics, and outcomesNúria Fernàndez-Sabé
Infectious Disease Service, Hospital de Bellvitge, University of Barcelona, Spain
Medicine (Baltimore) 82:159-69. 2003..69), shock (odds ratio, 10.69), respiratory failure (odds ratio, 3.50), renal insufficiency (odds ratio, 5.83), and Gram-negative pneumonia (odds ratio, 20.27)...
- Clinical diagnosis of Legionella pneumonia revisited: evaluation of the Community-Based Pneumonia Incidence Study Group scoring systemNúria Fernàndez-Sabé
Infectious Disease Service, Hospital Universitari de Bellvitge, University of Barcelona, Barcelona, Spain
Clin Infect Dis 37:483-9. 2003..Overall, the CBPIS score did not differentiate reliably between LP and PP. Although certain presenting clinical features may allow recognition of LP, it is difficult to express them in a reliable scoring system...
- Causes and factors associated with early failure in hospitalized patients with community-acquired pneumoniaBeatriz Roson
Infectious Disease Service, Hospital Universitari de Bellvitge, University of Barcelona, L Hospitalet, Barcelona, Spain
Arch Intern Med 164:502-8. 2004..Early failure is a matter of great concern in the treatment of community-acquired pneumonia. However, information on its causes and risk factors is lacking...
- Outpatient care compared with hospitalization for community-acquired pneumonia: a randomized trial in low-risk patientsJordi Carratala
IDIBELL Hospital Universitari de Bellvitge, University of Barcelona, and SCIAS Hospital de Barcelona, Barcelona, Spain
Ann Intern Med 142:165-72. 2005..The Pneumonia Severity Index (PSI) has been advocated as an objective measure of risk stratification to help determine the initial site of treatment for patients with community-acquired pneumonia...
- Health-related quality of life in HIV patients switching to twice-daily indinavir/ritonavir regimen or continuing with three-times-daily indinavir-based therapyXavier Badia
Department of Clinical Epidemiology and Public Health, Hospital de la Santa Creu i Sant Pau, Barcelona, Spain
Antivir Ther 9:979-85. 2004..To evaluate health-related quality of life (HRQoL) changes in patients treated with indinavir three-times daily after switching to a twice-daily indinavir/ritonavir regimen or continuing with the same regimen...
- Metabolic benefits 24 months after replacing a protease inhibitor with abacavir, efavirenz or nevirapineCesar Fisac
Nutrition Section, Hospital Universitari de Bellvitge, L Hospitalet de Llobregat, Barcelona, Spain
AIDS 19:917-25. 2005..To evaluate the 24-month metabolic and morphological benefits obtained from replacing the protease inhibitor (PI) in a regimen with nevirapine, efavirenz or abacavir...
- Aspiration pneumonia in old patients with dementia. Prognostic factors of mortalityXavier Bosch
Department of Internal Medicine, Hospital Clinic, Institut d Investigacions Biomediques August Pi i Sunyer, University of Barcelona, Barcelona, Spain
Eur J Intern Med 23:720-6. 2012..Prognostic factors of mortality in elderly patients with dementia with aspiration pneumonia (AP) are scarcely known. We determined the mortality rate and prognostic factors in old patients with dementia hospitalized due to AP...
- Geriatric assessment and chronic kidney disease in the oldest old: the Octabaix studyFrancesc Formiga
Geriatric Unit, Internal Medicine Service, Hospital Universitari de Bellvitge, L Hospitalet de Llobregat, Barcelona, Spain
Eur J Intern Med 23:534-8. 2012....
- Cost-minimization analysis favors outpatient quick diagnosis unit over hospitalization for the diagnosis of potentially serious diseasesCarmen Sanclemente-Ansó
Department of Internal Medicine, Bellvitge University Hospital, University of Barcelona, Bellvitge Biomedical Research Institute, L Hospitalet de Llobregat, Barcelona, Catalonia, Spain Electronic address
Eur J Intern Med 30:11-7. 2016..Although QDUs are as effective as hospitalization in reaching a timely diagnosis, a full economic evaluation comparing both approaches has not been reported...
- Prevalence and routine assessment of unhealthy alcohol use in hospitalized patientsBeatriz Roson
Hospital Universitario de Bellvitge, Feixa Llarga s n, L Hospitatel de Llobregat, Barcelona, Spain
Eur J Intern Med 21:458-64. 2010..To determine the prevalence of alcohol misuse among medical inpatients and the methods used by medical staff to evaluate alcohol consumption...