Affiliation: Hospital Universitari Vall d'Hebron
- Psychiatric comorbidities in opioid-dependent patients undergoing a replacement therapy programme in Spain: The PROTEUS studyCarlos Roncero
Addition and Dual Diagnosis Unit, Department of Psychiatry, Vall d Hebron University Hospital, Public Health Agency, Barcelona ASPB, CIBERSAM, Barcelona, Spain Department of Psychiatry, Vall d Hebron University Hospital, CIBERSAM, Barcelona, Spain Department of Psychiatry and Legal Medicine, Universitat Autonoma de Barcelona, Barcelona, Spain Electronic address
Psychiatry Res 243:174-81. 2016..Physicians treating opioid-dependent patients should be aware of these facts to correctly identify and manage patients with a dual diagnosis. ..
- Psychotic Symptoms Associated with the use of Dopaminergic Drugs, in Patients with Cocaine Dependence or AbuseCarlos Roncero
Department of Psychiatry, Vall d Hebron University Hospital Passeig Vall d Hebron, 119 129, 08035 Barcelona, EU, Spain
Curr Neuropharmacol 15:315-323. 2017..Questions about the risk of developing psychotic symptoms in cocaine users who need treatment with dopaminergic drugs could lead to an undertreatment...
- Psychiatric Comorbidity in Treatment-Seeking Alcohol Dependence Patients With and Without ADHDCarlos Roncero
Hospital Universitari Vall d Hebron, Barcelona, Spain Barcelona Public Health Agency ASPB, Barcelona, Spain Biomedical Network Research Centre on Mental Health CIBERSAM, Barcelona, Spain Universitat Autònoma de Barcelona, Spain
J Atten Disord . 2015..To estimate the prevalence of ADHD in adult patients treated for alcohol dependence and to analyze the characteristics of consumption and psychiatric comorbidity, in function of a possible ADHD in adulthood...
- Management of opioid-dependent patients: comparison of the cost associated with use of buprenorphine/naloxone or methadone, and their interactions with concomitant treatments for infectious or psychiatric comorbiditiesCarlos Roncero
CAS Drogodependencias Vall Hebron Hospital Universitario Vall d Hebron ASPB CIBERSAM Departamento de Psiquiatría Universidad Autónoma de Barcelona, Barcelona
Adicciones 27:179-89. 2015..45-€198.38 per year). This is due to the differences in interaction management costs associated with the concomitant treatment of infectious and/or psychiatric comorbidities...
- Clinical differences between cocaine-induced psychotic disorder and psychotic symptoms in cocaine-dependent patientsCarlos Roncero
Outpatient Drug Clinic CAS Vall Hebron, Psychiatry Department, Vall Hebron Hospital ASPB, Universidad Autonoma de Barcelona, CIBERSAM, Spain Department of Psychiatry and Legal Medicine, Universidad Autonoma de Barcelona, Spain Department of Psychiatry, Hospital Universitari Vall d Hebron, CIBERSAM, Universitad Autonoma de Barcelona, Spain Electronic address
Psychiatry Res 216:398-403. 2014..We conclude that in cocaine-dependent patients, clinicians should be advised about the risk of development of psychotic symptoms. The presence of some psychotic symptoms could increase the potential risks of disturbing behaviours...
- Psychotic symptoms of cocaine self-injectors in a harm reduction programCarlos Roncero
Outpatient Drug Clinic Vall Hebron, Department of Psychiatry, University Hospital Vall Hebron ASPB, Barcelona, Spain
Subst Abus 34:118-21. 2013..Psychotic symptoms are common among cocaine users...
- Risk factors for cocaine-induced psychosis in cocaine-dependent patientsC Roncero
Outpatient Drug Clinic Vall Hebron, Psychiatry Department, Hospital Vall d Hebrón Agència de Salut Pública de Barcelona, Department of Psychiatry and Forensic Medicine, Universitat Autonoma de Barcelona, Barcelona, Spain
Eur Psychiatry 28:141-6. 2013..These findings could be useful for a clinical approach to the risks of psychotic states in cocaine-dependent patients...
- Prevalence and risk factors of psychotic symptoms in cocaine-dependent patientsCarlos Roncero
CAS Vall Hebrón, Servicio de Psiquiatría Hospital Universitario Vall Hebron ASPB, Barcelona, Spain
Actas Esp Psiquiatr 40:187-97. 2012..This work reviews that evidence and tries to obtain data regarding frequency of psychotic symptoms or cocaine induced psychosis (CIP), risks or associated factors...
- Treatment adherence to treatment in substance users referred from Psychiatric Emergency service to outpatient treatmentCarlos Roncero
CAS VAll d Hebron, Psychiatry Service, Hospital Universitari Vall d Hebron ASPB CIBERSAM, Spain
Actas Esp Psiquiatr 40:63-9. 2012..The main objective was to evaluate the treatment adherence of patients attended at the Psychiatric Emergency Room and referred to an Outpatient Drug Clinic. Our aim was to describe the degree of adherence and the factors related to it...
- [Evaluation of sleep disorders in drug dependent inpatients]Carlos Roncero
Centro de Atención y Seguimiento, Hospital Universitario Vall d Hebron Agencia de Salud Pública de Barcelona, Barcelona, Espana
Med Clin (Barc) 138:332-5. 2012..We aimed to study the relationship between sleep disorders and the type of substance use and the number of previous hospitalizations in patients admitted in a detoxification unit...
- [Quality of life concept evolution: the subjective dimension as a relevant factor on drug addiction]Carlos Roncero
Departamento de Psiquiatría y Medicina Legal, Instituto de Neurociencias, Universidad Autonoma de Barcelona
Vertex 22:343-9. 2011..We identified 479 papers on quality of life and drugs abuse, of which were on: quality of life and addictions (433) and quality of life and dual pathology (37)...
- [Antiepileptic drugs in the control of the impulses disorders]C Roncero
Servicio de Psiquiatria, Escuela de Enfermería 5 planta, Hospital Vall Hebron, Paseo de Vall Hebrón 119 129, 08035 Barcelona, Spain
Actas Esp Psiquiatr 37:205-12. 2009..The results must be considered as provisional and must be updated in the future, since they are mostly based on case reports, case series or opened clinical trials, their being little knowledge based on double blind clinical trials...
- [Cannabis consumption and development of psychosis: state of the art]C Roncero
Servicio de Psiquiatria, Hospital Universitario Vall d Hebron, Barcelona
Actas Esp Psiquiatr 35:182-9. 2007..The current knowledge base makes it necessary to warn the population about the relationship between cannabis use and the development of psychosis...
- Adult ADHD Self-Report Scale (ASRS-v1.1) symptom checklist in patients with substance use disordersConstanza Daigre Blanco
Psychiatry Department, Hospital Universitari Vall d Hebron, Universidad Autonoma de Barcelona, Barcelona, Spain
Actas Esp Psiquiatr 37:299-305. 2009..We analyzed the ASRS-v1.1 validity in patients with SUD, considering the addiction severity and co-morbidity with depressive disorders, antisocial and borderline personality...
- Transcriptomic and genetic studies identify NFAT5 as a candidate gene for cocaine dependenceN Fernàndez-Castillo
Departament de Genetica, Facultat de Biologia, Universitat de Barcelona, Barcelona, Catalonia, Spain
Transl Psychiatry 5:e667. 2015..These results suggest that the NFAT5 gene, which is upregulated a few hours after cocaine exposure, may be involved in the genetic predisposition to cocaine dependence...
- Association study of 37 genes related to serotonin and dopamine neurotransmission and neurotrophic factors in cocaine dependenceN Fernàndez-Castillo
Departament de Genetica, Facultat de Biologia, Universitat de Barcelona, Barcelona, Catalonia, Spain
Genes Brain Behav 12:39-46. 2013..Our data show additional evidence for the involvement of the serotoninergic system in the genetic susceptibility to cocaine dependence...
- [The dopaminergic system and addictions]M Corominas-Roso
Servicio de Psiquiatria, Hospital General Universitari Vall d Hebron, Universitat Autonoma de Barcelona, 08035 Barcelona, Espana
Rev Neurol 44:23-31. 2007..In this article it is proposed to review the neurobiological mechanisms that comprise the foundation of the development of addiction...
- Corticotropin releasing factor and neuroplasticity in cocaine addictionM Corominas
Department of Psychiatry, Vall d Hebron University Hospital, Universitat Autonoma of Barcelona, Barcelona, Spain
Life Sci 86:1-9. 2010....
- [Validation of the Spanish version of the attention deficit hyperactivity disorder adult screening scale (ASRS v. 1.1): a novel scoring strategy]J A Ramos-Quiroga
Departamento de Psiquiatría y Medicina Legal, Universitat Autonoma de Barcelona, Espana
Rev Neurol 48:449-52. 2009..Attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) is a common neuropsychiatric disorder in the adulthood. It's diagnosis is a complex process in which a screening tool can be useful...
- Brain-derived neurotrophic factor and its intracellular signaling pathways in cocaine addictionM Corominas
Psychiatry Service, Vall d Hebron Hospital, Psychiatry Department of the Universitat Autònoma de Barcelona, Barcelona, Spain
Neuropsychobiology 55:2-13. 2007....
- [Risperidone in the treatment of psychotic patients with opiate abuse and dependence]M Casas
, Barcelona, Spain
Actas Esp Psiquiatr 29:380-5. 2001..Those results could mean an outstanding breakthrough in the treatment of these type of disorders and, if it is confirmed that risperidone can lead to abstinence, we would be before a new line of treatment for dual pathology...
- Bipolar disorder associated to substance use disorders (dual diagnosis). Systematic review of the scientific evidence and expert consensusM Casas
Psychiatry Department, Hospital Universitario Vall d Hebron, Universidad Autonoma de Barcelona, Barcelona, Spain
Actas Esp Psiquiatr 36:350-61. 2008..We conclude that, in view of the above, establishment of a consensus is a valid tool to complement the current scientific evidence...
- Calcofluor antifungal action depends on chitin and a functional high-osmolarity glycerol response (HOG) pathway: evidence for a physiological role of the Saccharomyces cerevisiae HOG pathway under noninducing conditionsL J García-Rodriguez
Instituto de Microbiologia Bioquimica, Consejo Superior de Investigaciones Cientificas Universidad de Salamanca, 37007 Salamanca, Spain
J Bacteriol 182:2428-37. 2000....
- The RIM101 pathway contributes to yeast cell wall assembly and its function becomes essential in the absence of mitogen-activated protein kinase Slt2pF Castrejon
Departamento de Microbiologia y Genetica, CSIC Universidad de Salamanca, Edificio Departamental, R 219, Avda Campo Charro s n, 37007 Salamanca, Spain
Eukaryot Cell 5:507-17. 2006..In addition, these results provide new experimental evidence of the direct involvement of the PKC signal transduction pathway through the Sltp2 kinase in the construction of yeast cell walls...
- Activation of p38MAPK by TGF-beta in fetal rat hepatocytes requires radical oxygen production, but is dispensable for cell deathB Herrera
, Facultad de Farmacia, Universidad Complutense de Madrid, Ciudad Universitaria, 28040, Madrid, Spain
FEBS Lett 499:225-9. 2001..However, p38MAPK does not appear to be involved in any of the apoptotic events: loss of Bcl-x(L) levels, cytochrome c release, cleavage of caspase substrates and loss of cell viability...
- TNF-alpha inhibits UCP-1 expression in brown adipocytes via ERKs. Opposite effect of p38MAPKA Valladares
, , Madrid, Spain
FEBS Lett 493:6-11. 2001..However, other transcription factors might explain the different regulation of UCP-1 and adipogenic genes by ERKs...