Affiliation: Hospital Universitari Vall d'Hebron
- Characterisation and prognosis of undiagnosed chronic obstructive pulmonary disease patients at their first hospitalisationEva Balcells
Department of Experimental and Health Sciences, Universitat Pompeu Fabra, Doctor Aiguader 88, 08003 Barcelona, Spain
BMC Pulm Med 15:4. 2015..Under-diagnosis of COPD is an important unmet medical need. We investigated the characteristics and prognosis of hospitalised patients with undiagnosed COPD...
- Impact of occupational exposure on severity of COPDEsther Rodriguez
Respiratory Medicine Department, Hospital Universitari Vall d Hebron, Universitat Autonoma de Barcelona, CIBER Enfermedades Respiratorias, Barcelona, Spain
Chest 134:1237-43. 2008..The aim of this study was to analyze the impact of occupational exposures on respiratory symptoms, lung function, and employment status in a series of COPD patients...
- Factors affecting the relationship between psychological status and quality of life in COPD patientsEva Balcells
Servei de Pneumologia, Hospital del Mar IMIM, Passeig Maritim 25 29, 08003 Barcelona, Spain
Health Qual Life Outcomes 8:108. 2010....
- Inspiratory capacity-to-total lung capacity ratio and dyspnoea predict exercise capacity decline in COPDMaria A Ramon
Department of Pneumology, Hospital Universitari Vall d Hebron, Barcelona, Spain
Respirology 21:476-82. 2016..We aimed to study the relationship between the inspiratory capacity-to-total lung capacity (IC/TLC) ratio and exercise capacity decline in COPD...
- Association between Ω3 and Ω6 fatty acid intakes and serum inflammatory markers in COPDJordi de Batlle
Centre for Research in Environmental Epidemiology CREAL, Barcelona, Spain
J Nutr Biochem 23:817-21. 2012..96; P=.034) and CRP (OR=1.95; P=.039) concentrations. Therefore, this study provides the first evidence of an association between dietary intake of omega-3 and omega-6 fatty acids and serum inflammatory markers in COPD patients...
- Benefits of physical activity on COPD hospitalisation depend on intensityDavid Donaire-González
Centre for Research in Environmental Epidemiology CREAL, Barcelona, Spain CIBER Epidemiología y Salud Pública CIBERESP, Barcelona, Spain Departament de Ciéncies Experimentals i de la Salut, Universitat Pompeu Fabra, Barcelona, Spain Physical Activity and Sports Sciences Department, Fundació Blanquerna, Barcelona, Spain
Eur Respir J 46:1281-9. 2015..Greater quantity of low-intensity physical activity reduces the risk of COPD hospitalisation, but high-intensity physical activity does not produce any risk reduction...
- Characteristics of patients admitted for the first time for COPD exacerbationEva Balcells
Servei de Pneumologia, Hospital del Mar IMIM, Passeig Maritim 25 29, Barcelona, Spain
Respir Med 103:1293-302. 2009..This study describes the characteristics of a large sample of patients hospitalised for the first time for a chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) exacerbation...
- Predictors of mortality in chest wall disease treated with noninvasive home mechanical ventilationSergi Marti
Respiratory Medicine Department, Hospital Universitari Vall d Hebron, Barcelona, Spain
Respir Med 104:1843-9. 2010..The long-term evolution of patients with chest wall disease and chronic respiratory failure treated with noninvasive home mechanical ventilation (NIHMV) is poorly known...
- Lifetime occupational exposure to dusts, gases and fumes is associated with bronchitis symptoms and higher diffusion capacity in COPD patientsEsther Rodriguez
Servei de Pneumologia, Hospital Universitari Vall d Hebron, Universitat Autonoma de Barcelona, Barcelona, Spain CIBER de Enfermedades Respiratorias CIBERES Instituto Nacional de Salud Carlos III, Madrid, Spain
PLoS ONE 9:e88426. 2014..The effect of occupational exposure on other characteristics of COPD, especially those reflecting emphysema, has not been studied in these patients...
- Differential lymphocyte infiltration in small airways and lung parenchyma in COPD patientsJordi Olloquequi
Departament de Biologia Cel lular, Universitat de Barcelona, Barcelona, Spain
Respir Med 104:1310-8. 2010..Our study aims to determine if these histopathological phenotypes are related to two different lymphocyte profiles...