Genomes and Genes
Affiliation: Hospital Costa del Sol
- Overexpression of clusterin in human breast carcinomaM Redondo
Department of Biochemistry, Costa del Sol Hospital, Marbella, Spain Virgen de las Nieves Hospital, Granada, Spain
Am J Pathol 157:393-9. 2000..09) which indicates that clusterin gene expression is not a prerequisite to cellular death by apoptosis. From these results, we suggest that clusterin may have a role in tumorigenesis and progression of human breast carcinomas...
- The role and prognostic value of apoptosis in colorectal carcinomaJulia Alcaide
Red de Investigacion en Servicios de Salud REDISSEC, Spain
BMC Clin Pathol 13:24. 2013..Alterations to apoptosis are a common occurrence in human tumours. The aim of our study was to determine the influence of apoptotic variations on the carcinogenesis and prognosis of colorectal carcinomas (CRCs)...
- The Role of Clusterin in Carcinogenesis and its Potential Utility as Therapeutic TargetT Tellez
Department of Biochemistry, REDISSEC, Hospital Costa del Sol Ctra Cádiz km 187 29600 Marbella, Malaga, Spain
Curr Med Chem . 2016..Finally, we will analyze the effects of clusterin inhibition in different types of cancer...
- Role of gene methylation in antitumor immune response: implication for tumor progressionAlfonso Serrano
Department of Immunology, Hospital Clinico Universitario, Campus Universitario Teatinos s n, 29010 Malaga, Spain
Cancers (Basel) 3:1672-90. 2011..This review summarizes our current understanding of the role of methylation in the regulation of molecules involved in the tumor immune response. ..
- Clinical significance of langerhans cells in squamous cell carcinoma of the larynxFrancisco Esteban
Servicio de Otorrinolaringologia, Hospital Universitario Virgen del Rocio, Sevilla 41013, Spain
J Oncol 2012:753296. 2012..We can conclude that although LCs did not show clinical utility as prognostic marker, they may play a role in releasing an active immune response in larynx carcinomas, according to their ability to present antigens to sensitized T cells...
- Detection methods predict differences in biology and survival in breast cancer patientsMaximino Redondo
Research Unit, Hospital Costa del Sol, University of Malaga, Red de Investigación en Servicios de Salud en Enfermedades Crónicas REDISSEC, Carretera de Cádiz Km 187, 29600 MarbellaMálaga, Spain
BMC Cancer 12:604. 2012..The aim of this study was to measure the biological characteristics involved in tumorigenesis and the progression of breast cancer in symptomatic and screen-detected carcinomas to identify possible differences...
- Clusterin expression is associated with decreased disease-free survival of patients with colorectal carcinomasMaximino Redondo
Department of Biochemistry, Hospital Costa del Sol, CIBER Epidemiología y Salud Pública, Universidad de Malaga, Malaga, Spain
Histopathology 56:932-6. 2010..The aim of this study was to determine the clinicopathological significance of clusterin expression in human colorectal carcinomas...
- Monitoring indicators of health care quality by means of a hospital register of tumoursMaximino Redondo
Research Unit, Hospital Costa del Sol, Marbella, Malálaga, Spain
J Eval Clin Pract 14:1026-30. 2008..Hospital registers of tumours provide, on a continuous basis, information on differences in patterns of neoplasias and the results of the treatment strategies employed...
- Prognostic implications of emergency admission and delays in patients with breast cancerMaximino Redondo
Registro Hospitalario de Tumores, Unidad de Investigacion, Hospital Costa del Sol, CIBER en Epidemiología y Salud Pública, Carretera de Cádiz Km 187, Marbella 29600, Malaga, Spain
Support Care Cancer 17:595-9. 2009..This study evaluates clinical-pathological characteristics and survival rates associated with emergency admission and delays in diagnosis and treatment of 411 consecutive breast cancer patients...
- Anticlusterin treatment of breast cancer cells increases the sensitivities of chemotherapy and tamoxifen and counteracts the inhibitory action of dexamethasone on chemotherapy-induced cytotoxicityMaximino Redondo
Department of Biochemistry, Hospital Costa del Sol, Carretera de Cádiz Km 187, 29600 Marbella, Malaga, Spain
Breast Cancer Res 9:R86. 2007..We describe the use of clusterin-specific antisense oligonucleotides and antibodies to sensitize breast carcinoma cells to anticancer drugs routinely used in breast cancer therapy...
- Expression of the antiapoptotic proteins clusterin and bcl-2 in laryngeal squamous cell carcinomasMaximino Redondo
Departamento de Bioquimica, Hospital Costa del Sol, Universidad de Malaga, Marbella, Spain
Tumour Biol 27:195-200. 2006..12, 95% CI = 0.02-0.91). These findings indicate that clusterin and bcl-2 are upregulated in laryngeal carcinomas and their expression is related to the invasiveness of these tumors...
- Expression of bax and p53 proteins in the tumorigenesis and progression of breast carcinomasM Redondo
Area de Biopatología, Hospital Costa del Sol, Marbella, Espana
Tumour Biol 24:23-31. 2003..The purpose of this study was to investigate the role of bax and p53 expression in tumorigenesis and progression of breast carcinoma as well as their relationship with proliferative and apoptotic activity...
- Regulation of clusterin expression in human cancer via DNA methylationAlfonso Serrano
Department of Immunology, Hospital Clinico Universitario, Campus Universitario Teatinos, Malaga, Spain
Tumour Biol 30:286-91. 2009..The present study was designed to examine the role of clusterin methylation as an indicator of clusterin expression in tumor cell lines and breast tissue samples...
- Major histocompatibility complex status in breast carcinogenesis and relationship to apoptosisMaximino Redondo
Department of Biochemistry, Hospital Costa del Sol, Marbella, Spain
Hum Pathol 34:1283-9. 2003..In addition, their expression is correlated with apoptosis-regulating proteins, which may influence the cytotoxicity of T cells against HLA class I-specific tumor antigens...
- NK-1 receptor antagonists induce apoptosis and counteract substance P-related mitogenesis in human laryngeal cancer cell line HEp-2Miguel Munoz
Hospital Universitario Virgen del Rocio, Seville, Spain
Invest New Drugs 26:111-8. 2008..This new action, reported here for the first time, suggests that the NK-1 receptor is a new and promising target in the treatment of human laryngeal carcinoma...
- Factors that influence treatment delay in patients with colorectal cancerIrene Zarcos-Pedrinaci
Research Unit, Agencia Sanitaria Costa del Sol, Marbella, Spain
Oncotarget . 2016..Greater attention should be paid by the healthcare provider to social groups with less formal education, in order to optimise treatment attention...
- [Effectiveness of human papillomavirus genotyping for detection of high-grade anal intraepithelial neoplasia compared to anal cytology]Laura Padilla-España
Dermatologia, Hospital Costa del Sol, Marbella, España Electronic address
Enferm Infecc Microbiol Clin 34:400-5. 2016..Screening for HGAIN includes routine anal cytology and, more recently, HPV genotyping. The main objective of this study was to determine the sensitivity and specificity of anal cytology and HPV genotyping for the detection of HGAIN...
- Vascular endothelial growth factor and vascular endothelial growth factor receptor-2 tumor expression in patients with advanced laryngeal cancer after induction chemotherapy for organ preservationAntonio Rueda
Department of Oncology, Hospital Costa del Sol, Marbella, Spain
Head Neck 33:808-16. 2011....
- Has the time to come leave the "watch-and-wait" strategy in newly diagnosed asymptomatic follicular lymphoma patients?Antonio Rueda
Department of Oncology, Hospital Costa del Sol, Marbella, Spain
BMC Cancer 12:210. 2012..Based on these facts, most clinical practice guidelines recommend active surveillance policies for patients with asymptomatic FL...
- Correlation between serum levels of vascular endothelial growth factor-C and sentinel lymph node status in early breast cancerDiego Perez
Oncology Department, Hospital Costa del Sol, Autovía A 7, km 187, CP 29603, Marbella, Spain
Tumour Biol 36:9285-93. 2015..001) were independently associated with sentinel lymph node affected. Serum levels of VEGF-C do not appear to predict sentinel lymph node status in patients with early breast cancer who undergo SLNB...
- Downregulation of clusterin mediates sensitivity to protein kinase inhibitors in breast cancer cellsMaximino Redondo
aDepartment of Biochemistry, Costa del Sol Hospital, REDISSEC bDepartment of Biochemistry, University of Málaga cDepartment of Immunology, University Clinical Hospital, Málaga dDepartment of Biochemistry, Costa del Sol Hospital, Marbella, Spain
Anticancer Drugs 26:85-9. 2015..Therefore, treatment with such combinations may benefit patients with breast cancer. ..
- The role of clusterin (CLU) in malignant transformation and drug resistance in breast carcinomasMaximino Redondo
Department of Biochemistry, Hospital Costa del Sol, CIBER Epidemiología y Salud Pública, Universidad de Malaga, Marbella, Spain
Adv Cancer Res 105:21-43. 2009..This review summarizes our current understanding of the role of CLU in tumorigenesis, progression, and response to treatment in breast carcinomas...
- Quality assurance of point-of-care testing in the Costa del Sol Healthcare Area (Marbella, Spain)M L Hortas
Clinical Laboratories Area, Costa del Sol Hospital, Carretera de Cádiz, km 187, 29600 Marbella, Malaga, Spain
Clin Chim Acta 307:113-8. 2001..As there is no previous experience in our healthcare system, this represents a promising new area of working with nurses, who show great interest in participating in these new programs...
- Alterations in sperm protein phosphorylation in male infertilityM L Hortas
Area de Biotecnologia, Hospital Costa del Sol, Carretera de Cádiz, km 187, 29600 Marbella, Malaga, Spain
Andrologia 33:282-6. 2001..From these results it is suggested that in vitro treatment of spermatozoa with inhibitors of protein phosphatases may be of great value in some cases of unexplained infertility...
- Lifestyles, environmental and phenotypic factors associated with lip cancer: a case-control study in southern SpainE Perea-Milla López
Unidad de Investigacion, Hospital Costa del Sol, Ctra Nacional 340, km 187, Marbella, 29600 Málaga, Spain
Br J Cancer 88:1702-7. 2003..Leaving the cigarette on the lip is predictive of LC risk irrespective of cumulative tobacco consumption...
- Colorectal cancer health services research study protocol: the CCR-CARESS observational prospective cohort projectJose M Quintana
Unidad de Investigacion, Hospital Galdakao Usansolo, Galdakao, Bizkaia, Spain
BMC Cancer 16:435. 2016..Colorectal cancers are one of the most common forms of malignancy worldwide. But two significant areas of research less studied deserve attention: health services use and development of patient stratification risk tools for these patients...
- [Usefulness of human papillomavirus testing in anal intraepithelial neoplasia screening in a risk behaviour population]Laura Padilla-España
Servicio de Dermatologia, Hospital Costa del Sol, Marbella, Malaga, España Electronic address
Enferm Infecc Microbiol Clin 32:560-4. 2014..The systematic use of anal cytology, and more recently HPV detection by hybrid capture and genotyping, have been introduced into screening programs in recent decades...
- Appropriateness of diagnostic effort in hospital emergency room attention for episodes of COPD exacerbationFrancisco Rivas-Ruiz
Agencia Sanitaria Costa del Sol, Unidad de Investigacion, Marbella, Spain
J Eval Clin Pract 21:848-54. 2015..To assess the adequacy of diagnostic effort in the emergency departments of Spanish hospitals with respect to episodes of exacerbation of chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD)...
- Aggressiveness features and outcomes of true interval cancers: comparison between screen-detected and symptom-detected cancersLaia Domingo
Epidemiology and Evaluation Department, Hospital del Mar IMIM, Barcelona, Spain
Eur J Cancer Prev 22:21-8. 2013..Clinically detected tumors, especially true interval cancers, more frequently showed biological features related to worse prognosis and were associated with poorer survival even after adjustment for clinical-pathological characteristics...
- High frequency of HLA-B44 allelic losses in human solid tumorsTeresa Cabrera
Departamento de Anáslisis Clínicos, Hospital Universitario Virgen de las Nieves, Universidad de Granada, Granada, Spain
Hum Immunol 64:941-50. 2003....
- Deletion of lysophosphatidic acid receptor LPA1 reduces neurogenesis in the mouse dentate gyrusElisa Matas-Rico
Unidad de Investigacion, Fundacion IMABIS, Hospital Regional Universitario Carlos Haya, Malaga, Spain
Mol Cell Neurosci 39:342-55. 2008....