Affiliation: Hospital Universitari Vall d'Hebron
- Toxic Profile of Benznidazole in Patients with Chronic Chagas Disease: Risk Factors and Comparison of the Product from Two Different ManufacturersI Molina
Infectious Disease Department, Vall d Hebron Teaching Hospital, and International Health Program of the Catalan Institute of Health PROSICS Barcelona, Universitat Autonoma de Barcelona, Barcelona, Spain
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 59:6125-31. 2015..Both drug products resulted in approximately the same percentage of permanent withdrawals. ..
- Changes in malaria epidemiology in a rural area of Cubal, AngolaFernando Salvador
Department of Infectious Diseases, Vall d Hebron University Hospital, Universitat Autonoma de Barcelona, Barcelona, Spain
Malar J 14:21. 2015..The objective of this study is to describe the epidemiology of malaria at the Hospital Nossa Senhora da Paz (Cubal, Angola) and the fatality rate due to malaria (total and in children under five years) in the last five years...
- Ultrasensitive real-time PCR for the clinical management of visceral leishmaniasis in HIV-Infected patientsIsrael Molina
Infectious Disease Department, Universitat Autonoma de Barcelona, Barcelona, Spain
Am J Trop Med Hyg 89:105-10. 2013..9%. Monitoring parasite load by an ultrasensitive quantitative Leishmania PCR is useful to predict the risk of relapse after a VL episode in HIV-infected patients...
- Efficacy of liposomal amphotericin B for secondary prophylaxis of visceral leishmaniasis in HIV-infected patientsI Molina
Infectious Diseases Department, Hospital Universitari Vall d Hebron, Universitat Autonoma de Barcelona, Barcelona, Spain
J Antimicrob Chemother 60:837-42. 2007..The aim of our study was to evaluate the efficacy of liposomal amphotericin B (L-AMB) for secondary prophylaxis of VL in HIV-infected patients...
- Immunosuppression and Chagas disease; experience from a non-endemic countryF Salvador
Department of Infectious Diseases, Vall d Hebron University Hospital, Universitat Autonoma de Barcelona, PROSICS Barcelona, Barcelona, Spain Electronic address
Clin Microbiol Infect 21:854-60. 2015..More information about this topic is required and international consensus in the diagnosis, treatment and follow up of these patients must be established to reduce the morbidity and mortality...
- Evaluation of a latex agglutination test (KAtex) for detection of Leishmania antigen in urine of patients with HIV-Leishmania coinfection: value in diagnosis and post-treatment follow-upC Riera
Laboratori de Parasitologia, Facultat de Farmacia, Universitat de Barcelona, Avenida Joan XXIII s n, 08028, Barcelona, Spain
Eur J Clin Microbiol Infect Dis 23:899-904. 2004..ADU by KAtex is appropriate for primary diagnosis of visceral leishmaniasis, for monitoring the efficacy of treatment, and for detection of subclinical infection...
- Donor-to-host transmission of bacterial and fungal infections in lung transplantationI Ruiz
Department of Infectious Diseases, Hospital General Vall d Hebron, Universitat Autonoma de Barcelona, Spain
Am J Transplant 6:178-82. 2006....
- Trypanosoma cruzi infection in a non-endemic country: epidemiological and clinical profileF Salvador
Department of Infectious Diseases, Hospital Universitari Vall d Hebron, Drassanes, Spain
Clin Microbiol Infect 20:706-12. 2014..7% of symptomatic and in 2.3% of asymptomatic patients. As shown in previous studies, Chagas disease in non-endemic countries affects younger patients and has lower morbidity...
- Recommendations for screening of donor and recipient prior to solid organ transplantation and to minimize transmission of donor-derived infectionsO Len
Department of Infectious Diseases, Hospital Vall d Hebron, Barcelona, Spain
Clin Microbiol Infect 20:10-8. 2014..This review aims to update understanding of the possible pathologies involved, as well as of emerging infections that, as a result of globalization, are gaining increasing prominence on a daily basis. ..
- Prevalence of HTLV-1/2 infections in Spain: A cross-sectional hospital-based surveyAna Trevino
Infectious Diseases Department, Hospital Carlos III, Madrid, Spain
AIDS Res Hum Retroviruses 26:861-4. 2010..Infected individuals are generally Spanish natives with a prior history of intravenous drug use and are coinfected with HIV-1 and/or HCV...
- Clinicopathological and immunohistochemical analysis of 20 cases of Merkel cell carcinoma in search of prognostic markersB Llombart
Department of Pathology, Instituto Valenciano de Oncologia, Valencia, Spain
Histopathology 46:622-34. 2005..To evaluate the clinicopathological and immunohistochemical characteristics of Merkel cell carcinoma (MCC) in an attempt to find new, potentially significant, prognostic markers...