Affiliation: Hospital Universitari Arnau de Vilanova
- Pemetrexed in patients with locally advanced or metastatic breast cancer who had received previous anthracycline and taxane treatment: phase II studyAntonio Llombart-Cussac
Instituto Valenciano de Oncologia, Valencia, Spain
Clin Breast Cancer 7:380-5. 2006..The objective of this study was to assess the efficacy and safety of pemetrexed in pretreated patients with advanced-stage breast cancer...
- Improving decision-making in early breast cancer: who to treat and how?Antonio Llombart-Cussac
Medical Oncology Service, Hospital Universitario Arnau Vilanova, Av Alcalde Rovira Roure 80, 25198, Lleida, Spain
Breast Cancer Res Treat 112:15-24. 2008..This article reviews the latest advances in treatment for early breast cancer, and explores how research and clinical practice are evolving to improve therapies and treatment decision-making, allowing physicians to optimize patient care...
- Exemestane versus anastrozole as front-line endocrine therapy in postmenopausal patients with hormone receptor-positive, advanced breast cancer: final results from the Spanish Breast Cancer Group 2001-03 phase 2 randomized trialAntonio Llombart-Cussac
Medical Oncology Service, Biomedical Research Institute, Arnau de Vilanova University Hospital, Lleida, Spain
Cancer 118:241-7. 2012..In the current study, the authors formally evaluated the activity of anastrozole and exemestane in postmenopausal women with hormone-responsive, advanced breast cancer...
- A randomized, double-blind, phase II study of two doses of pemetrexed as first-line chemotherapy for advanced breast cancerAntonio Llombart-Cussac
Hospital Universitario Arnau Vilanova, Lleida, Spain
Clin Cancer Res 13:3652-9. 2007..A secondary objective was to identify molecular biomarkers correlating with response and toxicity...
- Phase II trial with letrozole to maximum response as primary systemic therapy in postmenopausal patients with ER/PgR[+] operable breast cancerAntonio Llombart-Cussac
Instituto Valenciano de Oncologia, Valencia, Spain
Clin Transl Oncol 14:125-31. 2012..However, the optimum duration of endocrine PST remains uncertain...
- Inhibition of activated receptor tyrosine kinases by Sunitinib induces growth arrest and sensitizes melanoma cells to Bortezomib by blocking Akt pathwayAndree Yeramian
Pathology Group, Department of Pathology and Molecular Genetics, Hospital Universitari Arnau de Vilanova, University of Lleida, IRB Lleida, Lleida, Spain
Int J Cancer 130:967-78. 2012..Altogether, our results suggest that melanoma cells harboring an activated RTK may be clinically responsive to pharmacologic RTK inhibition by Sunitinib, and a strategy combining Sunitinib and Bortezomib, may provide therapeutic benefit...
- A polymorphism at the 3'-UTR region of the aromatase gene defines a subgroup of postmenopausal breast cancer patients with poor response to neoadjuvant letrozoleZaida Garcia-Casado
Laboratory of Molecular Biology, Fundacion Instituto Valenciano de Oncologia, Valencia, Spain
BMC Cancer 10:36. 2010..We evaluate a series of polymorphisms of CYP19A1 and their effect on response to neoadjuvant letrozole in early BC...
- Combinatorial therapy using dovitinib and ICI182.780 (fulvestrant) blocks tumoral activity of endometrial cancer cellsNuria Eritja
Authors Affiliations Oncologic Pathology Group, Dept de Ciències Mèdiques Bàsiques, University of Lleida, Department of Pathology and Molecular Genetics, Hospital Universitari Arnau de Vilanova, Institut de Recerca Biomedica de Lleida, IRBLLEIDA, Lleida and Servicio de Oncología Médica, Hospital Arnau de Vilanova, Valencia, Spain
Mol Cancer Ther 13:776-87. 2014..These findings suggest that combinatory therapies using dovitinib plus ICI182.780 treatment can be truly effective in patients with endometrial carcinomas carrying FGFR2 mutations...
- Antioxidants block proteasome inhibitor function in endometrial carcinoma cellsDavid Llobet
Oncologic Pathology Group, Biomedical Research Institute, Lleida, Spain
Anticancer Drugs 19:115-24. 2008..Until now, all the antioxidants that blocked proteasome inhibitor-induced cell death also blocked the proteasome inhibitor mechanism of action...
- Novel biomarkers in primary breast core biopsies to predict poor response to neoadjuvant chemotherapy and appearance of metastasesAnna Novell
Department of Medical Oncology, Hospital Universitari Arnau de Vilanova Universitat de Lleida, IRBLLEIDA, Lleida, Spain
Histol Histopathol . 2016..In conclusion, finding biomarkers of chemoresitance (ypTNM II-III) and metastases can become a stepping stone for future studies that will need to be assessed in a bigger scale...
- Targeted therapies in gynecologic cancers and melanomaEugenia Ortega
Department of Medical Oncology, Dermatology, and Pathology, Hospital Universitari Arnau de Vilanova, University of Lleida IRB Lleida, Lleida, Spain
Semin Diagn Pathol 25:262-73. 2008..The most promising signaling pathways to be targeted for therapies in these tumors are the tyrosine kinase receptor (EGFR, HER2, c-KIT), the RAS/B-RAF/MAPK, the PI3K-mTOR, and apoptosis signaling pathways...
- HER2 amplification in recurrent breast cancer following breast-conserving therapy correlates with distant metastasis and poor survivalJose A López-Guerrero
Unit of Molecular Biology, Fundacion Instituto Valenciano de Oncologia, Valencia, Spain
Int J Cancer 118:1743-9. 2006..00008) and for survival (HR = 4.22; p = 0.004). In conclusion, HER2 amplification constitutes an independent poor prognostic factor for the MFI and OS in patients with recurrent breast cancer. The clinical implications are discussed...
- CtIP silencing as a novel mechanism of tamoxifen resistance in breast cancerMinhao Wu
Department of Carcinogenesis, The University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, Science Park Research Division, 1808 Park Road 1C, P O Box 389, Smithville, TX 78957, USA
Mol Cancer Res 5:1285-95. 2007....
- High circulating HER2 extracellular domain levels correlate with reduced efficacy of an aromatase inhibitor in hormone receptor-positive metastatic breast cancer: a confirmatory prospective studyRamon Colomer
M D Anderson Cancer Center Spain, Madrid, Spain
Cancer 110:2178-85. 2007..In this specifically designed, prospective study, the authors addressed the predictive value of circulating levels of the extracellular domain (ECD) of HER2 in patients with metastatic breast cancer who were treated with letrozole...
- [Epidemiological study of the GEICAM group about breast cancer in Spain (1990-1993): El Alamo project]Miguel Martin
Servicio de Oncologia Medica, Hospital Universitario San Carlos, Madrid, Spain
Med Clin (Barc) 122:12-7. 2004....
- Letrozole inhibits tumor proliferation more effectively than tamoxifen independent of HER1/2 expression statusMatthew J Ellis
Duke University Comprehensive Cancer Center, Campus Box 8056, 660 South Euclid, Durham, NC 27710, USA
Cancer Res 63:6523-31. 2003....