Affiliation: Hospital Universitario
- Gender and plasma iron biomarkers, but not HFE gene mutations, increase the risk of colorectal cancer and polypsAgustin Castiella
Mendaro Hospital, 20850, Mendaro, Basque Country, Spain
Tumour Biol 36:6959-63. 2015..04, 1.29-3.22), SF (OR = 1.001, 1.0004-1.003) and Fe (OR = 1.01, 1.004-1.02) were related with the presence of CRC and adenoma. Men gender and raised serum iron biomarkers increase the risk of P-CRC...
- [Utility of various non-invasive methods for fibrosis prediction among Basque Country patients with phenotypic hemochromatosis]A Castiella
Servicios de Gastroenterologia, Radiología y Anatomía Patológica, Hospitales de Mendaro, Mondragón y Donostia, Osatek Donostia, Gipuzkoa
Rev Esp Enferm Dig 100:611-4. 2008..To determine whether the product of multiplying age by liver iron concentration (LIC) (fibrosis index; cut-off, 480,000), platelets, transaminases, and ferritin values are related to the risk of high grade fibrosis...
- [Porphyria cutanea tarda. An analysis of HFE gene mutations, hepatitis viruses, alcohol intake, and other risk factors in 54 patients from Guipúzcoa, Basque Country, Spain]A Castiella
Servicio de Gastroenterologia, Hospital de Mendaro, Mendaro, Guipuzcoa
Rev Esp Enferm Dig 100:774-8. 2008..We studied the association of PCT with HCV, HBV, alcohol abuse, and other established risk factors...
- Significance of H63D homozygosity in a Basque population with hemochromatosisAgustin Castiella
Gastroenterology Service, Mendaro Hospital, Barrio Mendarozabal, Basque Country, Spain
J Gastroenterol Hepatol 25:1295-8. 2010..The significance of H63D homozygosity remains uncertain, although it is associated with a tendency for patients to develop iron overload...
- Prevalence of coeliac disease in unexplained chronic hypertransaminasemiaF Mugica
Gastroenterology Department, Hospital de Guipuzcoa, Guipuzcoa, Spain
Rev Esp Enferm Dig 93:707-14. 2001..To determine the prevalence of coeliac disease amongst the population with unexplained chronic hypertransaminasemia in our region...
- Are hepatocellular carcinoma surveillance programs effective at improving the therapeutic optionsE Zapata
Deparment of Gastroenterology, Hospital de Mendaro, Barrio Mendarozabal, s n 20850 Mendaro, Gipúzcoa, Spain
Rev Esp Enferm Dig 102:484-8. 2010..to evaluate whether the current surveillance programs (ultrasonography and alpha-fetoprotein testing every six months) are successful in detecting patients in the early stages...
- Cholecysto-pancreatitis due to Ascaris lumbricoidesE Zapata
Dept of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, Mendaro Hospital, Mendaro, Basque Country, Spain
Endoscopy 39:E10-1. 2007