Affiliation: Hospital Universitario
- Is the reflux disease questionnaire useful for identifying GERD according to the Montreal definition?Enrique Rey
Department of Digestive Diseases, San Carlos Clinical Hospital, Madrid Complutense University, Madrid 28040, Spain
BMC Gastroenterol 14:17. 2014..Our objective is to evaluate the ability of the Reflux Disease Questionnaire (RDQ) to identify GERD according to referral of TS, in patients without previous proton pump inhibitor (PPI) treatment and in patients on PPI treatment...
- Validation of a questionnaire for assessing fecal impaction in the elderly: impact of cognitive impairment, and using a proxyMarta Barceló
Functional GI DiseasesUnit, Division of DigestiveDiseases, Hospital Clinico San Carlos, Departament of Medicine, Universidad Complutense de Madrid, Instituto de Investigación Sanitaria del Hospital Clínico San Carlos IdISSC, Madrid, Spain
BMC Geriatr 13:24. 2013..Our aim is to validate a questionnaire for identifying fecal impaction in the elderly and to assess the impact of cognitive impairment and the aid of a proxy on its reliability...
- Advantages of early cholecystectomy in clinical practice of a terciary care centerMarta Barceló
Health Research Institute, San Carlos Clinical Hospital, Department of Medicine, School of Medicine, Complutense University, Madrid 28040, Spain
Hepatobiliary Pancreat Dis Int 12:87-93. 2013..This study aimed to assess the use of early versus delayed cholecystectomy for the treatment of acute cholecystitis in terms of complications, conversion to open surgery and mean hospital stay...
- A nation-wide study of prevalence and risk factors for fecal impaction in nursing homesEnrique Rey
Division of Digestive Diseases, Hospital Clinico San Carlos, Universidad Complutense, Instituto de Investigacíon Sanitaria San Carlos IdISSC, Madrid, Spain
PLoS ONE 9:e105281. 2014..There are no existing studies that provide data regarding the epidemiology of, and risk factors for, fecal impaction, either in the general population or in any sub-group of people...
- Weight Gain and Somatization are Associated With the Onset of Gastroesophageal Reflux Diseases: Results of Two 5-year Follow-up StudiesMarta Barceló
Department of Medicine, Division of Digestive Diseases, San Carlos Clinical Hospital, School of Medicine, Complutense University, Madrid, Spain
J Clin Gastroenterol 50:202-7. 2016..Although 2% to 4% of the population develop gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD) annually, factors associated with the onset of GERD are scarcely known...
- Translation, cultural adaptation and validation of a Spanish version of the Irritable Bowel Syndrome Severity ScoreCristina Almansa
Unit of Functional Digestive Disorder, Department of Gastroenterology, Hospital Clínico San Carlos School of Medicine, Universidad Complutense, Instituto de Investigacion Sanitaria, Hospital Clínico San Carlos IdISSC, Madrid, Spain
Rev Esp Enferm Dig 103:612-8. 2011..the Irritable Bowel Syndrome Severity Score (IBSSS) is a questionnaire only available in English that classifies IBS patients according to the severity of their symptoms and can be used to guide and monitor the treatment...