Affiliation: Hospital Universitario
- [The Spanish Society of Pediatric Infectious Diseases Guidelines for the diagnosis and treatment of congenital toxoplasmosis]F Baquero-Artigao
Coordinadores del documento, Unidad de Enfermedades Infecciosas, Hospital Infantil La Paz, Madrid, Spain
An Pediatr (Barc) 79:116.e1-116.e16. 2013..Congenital toxoplasmosis is a preventable disease. Pre-pregnancy screening and appropriate counseling regarding prevention measures in seronegative women may prevent fetal infection. ..
- [Consensus document from the Spanish Society of Paediatric Infectious Diseases (SEIP) on the diagnosis and treatment of congenital cytomegalovirus infection]F Baquero-Artigao
Unidad de Enfermedades Infecciosas, Hospital Universitario Materno Infantil La Paz, Madrid, Espana
An Pediatr (Barc) 71:535-47. 2009..Valganciclovir may be an excellent alternative because of its good bio-availability, providing plasma concentrations similar to those achieved with intravenous ganciclovir...
- [Acute otitis media in the era of pneumococcal vaccination]Fernando Baquero-Artigao
Unidad de Enfermedades Infecciosas Pediátricas, Hospital Universitario Infantil La Paz, Madrid, Espana
Enferm Infecc Microbiol Clin 26:505-9. 2008..High-dose amoxicillin is the treatment of choice for AOM, but the increase of H. influenzae in pneumococcal-vaccinated children may require reconsideration of this recommendation in forthcoming guidelines...
- [Congenital cytomegalovirus infection: is serological screening during pregnancy necessary?]Fernando Baquero-Artigao
Unidad de Enfermedades Infecciosas, Hospital Infantil Universitario La Paz, Madrid, Espana
Enferm Infecc Microbiol Clin 28:363-9. 2010....
- [Prolonged treatment with valganciclovir in an infant with congenital cytomegalovirus infection]F Baquero-Artigao
Unidad de Enfermedades Infecciosas, Servicio de Microbiologia, Hospital Infantil Universitario La Paz, Madrid, Spain
An Pediatr (Barc) 70:578-81. 2009..Treatment resulted in adequate ganciclovir plasma levels, suppressed plasma viral load, prevention of hearing deterioration and was well tolerated, with no apparent side-effects...
- Impact of immigration on pulmonary tuberculosis in Spanish children: a three-decade reviewTeresa del Rosal
Microbiology Department, La Paz Hospital, Madrid, Spain
Pediatr Infect Dis J 29:648-51. 2010..Drug resistance has emerged as an important threat to tuberculosis control. Data regarding the impact of immigration and the incidence of drug-resistant strains in children are lacking...
- Tuberculosis in pediatric solid organ and hematopoietic stem cell transplant recipientsRaquel Vecino
Section of Infectious Diseases, Department of Pediatrics, La Paz Hospital, Madrid, Spain
Pediatr Infect Dis J 31:774-7. 2012..The outcome was favorable in 6 patients. Isoniazid-induced hepatitis and rifampin interactions were common...
- Pediatric drug-resistant tuberculosis in Madrid: family mattersBegoña Santiago
From the Paediatric Infectious Diseases Unit, Gregorio Marañón Hospital Molecular ImmunoBiology Laboratory, Health Reseach Institute Gregorio Marañón IiSGM, Madrid, Spain Paediatric Infectious Diseases Unit, La Paz Hospital, Madrid, Spain Division of Paediatric Infectious Diseases, Center for Vaccines and Immunity, Nationwide Children s Hospital, The Ohio State University College of Medicine, Columbus, OH Immunodeficiency Unit, 12 de Octubre University Hospital Mycobacterial Laboratory, National Centre of Microbiology and Paediatrics Department, Carlos III Hospital, Madrid, Spain
Pediatr Infect Dis J 33:345-50. 2014..3% of MDR in adults. However, data regarding patterns of TB resistance in children are scarce. Our aim is to determine the incidence and risk factors for pediatric-resistant TB in our setting to help developing age-targeted guidelines...
- Enterovirus neurological disease and bacterial coinfection in very young infants with feverCristina Calvo
Pediatrics Department, Hospital Severo Ochoa, Leganes, Madrid, Spain Pediatric and Infectious Diseases, Hospital La Paz, La Paz Research Insititute IdiPAZ, Madrid, Spain Electronic address
J Clin Virol 85:37-39. 2016..Very little information exists on simultaneous infections by viruses and bacteria in infants with fever without source (FWS)...
- Coronary involvement in infants with Kawasaki disease treated with intravenous gamma-globulinNoelia Moreno
Pediatric Infectious Diseases Unit, Children s Hospital La Paz, Madrid, Spain
Pediatr Cardiol 29:31-5. 2008..To analyze the clinical spectrum and the incidence of coronary involvement in infants with typical Kawasaki's disease (KD)...
- Twenty years of pulmonary tuberculosis in children: what has changed?Iciar Sánchez-Albisua
Center of Research, Infectious Diseases Unit, Children s Hospital La Paz, Madrid, Spain
Pediatr Infect Dis J 21:49-53. 2002....
- ¹⁸F-FDG PET/CT in the diagnosis of occult bacterial infections in childrenTeresa del Rosal
Department of Pediatrics, Hospital La Paz, Paseo de Castellana 261, 28046 Madrid, Spain
Eur J Pediatr 172:1111-5. 2013..The last patient had fever of unknown origin. (18)F-FDG PET/CT identified splenic abscesses, which were surgically treated...
- Pandemic H1N1 influenza-associated hospitalizations in children in Madrid, SpainTeresa del Rosal
Pediatrics Department, Hospital Infanta Elena, Valdemoro, Madrid, Spain
Influenza Other Respir Viruses 5:e544-51. 2011..To describe the epidemiological and clinical characteristics of children hospitalized with 2009 pandemic influenza (pH1N1) in Madrid, Spain...
- Optimizing interpretation of the tuberculin test using an interferon-gamma release assay as a reference standardAna Méndez-Echevarría
Paediatric Department, La Paz Hospital, Madrid, Spain
Pediatr Infect Dis J 30:426-8. 2011..In Bacillus Calmette-Guérin-vaccinated children, the TST cut-off point of ≥ 10 mm had poorer specificity (86%), and a cut-off point of ≥ 15 mm resulted in reduced sensitivity (60%)...
- Multidrug-resistant tuberculosis of the ankle: case reportFernando Baquero-Artigao
Servicio de Enfermedades Infecciosas, Hospital Universitario Infantil La Paz, Paseo de la Castellana 261, 28046 Madrid, Spain
Foot Ankle Int 27:642-4. 2006
- Combined systemic and intrapleural treatment of Aspergillus pulmonary empyema after invasive aspergillosisFernando Baquero-Artigao
Servicios de Enfermedades Infecciosas, Hospital Universitario Infantil La Paz, Paseo de la Castellana 261, 28046 Madrid, Spain
Pediatr Infect Dis J 22:471-3. 2003..Treatment was well-tolerated, and the empyema resolved completely, with no evidence of recurrence after 2 years of follow-up...
- Acute Q fever pericarditis followed by chronic hepatitis in a two-year-old girlFernando Baquero-Artigao
Servicio de Enfermedades Infecciosas, Hospital Universitario Infantil La Paz, Madrid, Spain
Pediatr Infect Dis J 21:705-7. 2002..Endocarditis is the most frequent clinical presentation of chronic infection. We report a 2-year-old child with Q fever who presented with acute pericarditis and cardiac tamponade and who developed a chronic hepatic infection...