Genomes and Genes
Organization: Hospital Universitario
- [Clinical presentation, therapeutic approach and outcomes in acute poisoning treated with activated charcoal. Are there differences between men and women?]Montserrat Amigó-Tadín
Sección de Urgencias Medicina y Sección de Toxicología Clínica, Servicio de Urgencias, Hospital Clinic, Grupo de Investigación Urgencias procesos y patologías, IDIBAPS, Barcelona, Espana
Enferm Clin 20:273-9. 2010..To determine whether there are gender-based differences in the clinical presentation, therapeutic approaches and outcomes in acute poisoning treated with activated charcoal...
- The potential and reality of permanent his bundle pacingRafael Barba-Pichardo
Unidad de Arritmias y Marcapasos, Servicio de Cuidados Criticos y Urgencias, Hospital Juan Ramon Jimenez, Huelva, Spain
Rev Esp Cardiol 61:1096-9. 2008..4%) were corrected by temporary His bundle pacing. However, permanent His bundle pacing was achieved in only 55% of cases in which it was attempted, and in only 35.4% of all possible cases...
- [Peruvian newborn fetal growing curves]Manuel Ticona Rendón
Universidad Nacional Jorge Basadre Grohmann, Tacna, Peru
Ginecol Obstet Mex 76:476-82. 2008..Fetal grow evaluation is decisive to predict some grow problems and to consider high-risk pregnancies attention outcomes...
- Influence of Lys656Asn polymorphism of leptin receptor gene on insulin resistance in patients with diabetes mellitus type 2D A de Luis
Institute of Endocrinology and Nutrition, Medicine School and Unit of Investigation, Hospital Rio Hortega, University of Valladolid, Valladolid, Spain
Diabetes Res Clin Pract 81:e9-e11. 2008..Mutant type patient (39%) (Lys656/Asn656 or Asn656/Asn656) group had higher fat mass, HOMA, CRP and leptin than wild type. Adiponectin levels were lower in mutant type group than wild type (61%) (Lys656/Lys656)...
- [Irritable bowel syndrome and cardiac right-to-left shunt through a patent foramen ovale]Onofre Alarcon-Fernandez
Servicio de Aparato Digestivo, Hospital Hospiten Rambla, Santa Cruz de Tenerife, Spain
Med Clin (Barc) 130:767-72. 2008..In the presence of PFO with a right- to left-shunt (RLS), a percentage of venous blood bypasses the lung filter and may increase these substances in blood...
- [Neuropsychological update on obsessive-compulsive disorder]A E Martínez-González
Clinica Neuropsicologica Mayor, Alcantarilla, Espana
Rev Neurol 46:618-25. 2008..In this paper we present a review of studies that have examined the neurocognitive functioning (attention, memory and executive functions) of patients with OCD...
- The effects of two different hypocaloric diets on glucagon-like peptide 1 in obese adults, relation with insulin response after weight lossDaniel A de Luis
Institute of Endocrinology and Nutrition, Medicine School and Unit of Investigation, Hospital Rio Hortega, University of Valladolid, Valladolid, Spain
J Diabetes Complications 23:239-43. 2009..Few studies have investigated the effect of type of diets on GLP-1 concentrations. The aim of this study was to compare the effect of two diets on circulating GLP-1 levels and the relation with insulin response after weight loss...
- [Esophageal cancer]Silvia Gomez Senent
Servicio de Aparato Digestivo, Hospital Universitario La Paz, Madrid, Spain
Med Clin (Barc) 130:423-8. 2008
- [Usefulness of video-assisted cervicotomy on the extraction of foreign bodies]Andrés Coca Pelaz
Servicio de Otorrinolaringologia, Hospital Central de Asturias, Oviedo, Asturias, Espana
Acta Otorrinolaringol Esp 59:83-5. 2008..We used a cervicotomy assisted by endoscopy, showing a new application for videoendoscopy...
- [Bilateral testicular cancer: a report of four cases]J Planelles Gómez
Servicio de Urologia, Hospital Universitario Dr Peset, Valencia
Actas Urol Esp 31:1117-22. 2007..We present four cases attended in our medical service, we analize the risk factors, management of tumors and a medical literature review is done...
- The Biplot as a diagnostic tool of local dependence in latent class models. A medical applicationR Sepulveda
Department of Statistics, University of Salamanca, Salamanca, Spain
Stat Med 27:1855-69. 2008..Additionally, we propose incorporating such dependence in the corresponding latent class using the log-linear formulation of the model...
- [Cardiac tamponade]Ernesto García Vicente
Unidad de Cuidados Intensivos, Hospital Santa Barbara, Soria, Spain
Med Clin (Barc) 130:24-9. 2008
- Flare-up-Like phenomenon in a skin prick test after oral challenge with ibuprofenD Gonzalez de Olano
Allergy Unit, Hospital Fuenlabrada, Madrid, Spain
J Investig Allergol Clin Immunol 17:414-5. 2007
- [Meningococcal purpura fulminans: treatment with recombinant protein C activator in 3 cases]U Salinas
Servicio de Anestesiologia y Reanimacion, Hospital de Basurto, Bilbao, Bizkaia
Rev Esp Anestesiol Reanim 54:503-6. 2007..All received platelet replacement transfusions. Subarachnoid bleeding complications occurred in 2 patients. One patient died 5 days after admission and 2 were discharged from the intensive recovery care unit 28 days after admission...
- [Review of 22 patients with 22q11.2 deletion syndrome: phenotype spectrum]M J Ballesta Martínez
Unidad de Genética Médica, Servicio de Pediatria, Hospital Universitario Virgen de la Arrixaca, Murcia, Espana
An Pediatr (Barc) 69:304-10. 2008..The objective of this work is to review the presenting phenotype and clinical features of children with 22q11.2 deletion syndrome as a guide for early diagnosis...
- [Paratesticular fibrous pseudotumor]Miguel Angel López Aramburu
Servicio de Urologia, Hospital Santiago Apostol, Miranda de Ebro, Burgos, Espana
Arch Esp Urol 61:932-6. 2008..It is a process that misleads the clinical because they simulate neoplasias. This paper aims to help a better knowledge of this non-tumoral process and to avoid diagnostic confusions...
- Lung cancer and treatment in elderly patients: the Achilles StudyMariano Provencio
Department of Medical Oncology, Hospital Puerta de Hierro, Madrid 28222, Spain
Lung Cancer 66:103-6. 2009..The aim of our study was to discern whether clinical characteristics, toxicity, response rate, treatment and survival are different in patients enrolees 70 years of age and older with those in younger patients...
- Biofilm formation by Streptococcus pneumoniae strains and effects of human serum albumin, ibuprofen, N-acetyl-l-cysteine, amoxicillin, erythromycin, and levofloxacinGema del Prado
Department in Medical Microbiology and Antimicrobial Chemotherapy, Fundacion Jimenez Diaz Capio, 28040 Madrid, Spain
Diagn Microbiol Infect Dis 67:311-8. 2010....
- [Practical treatment approach of radiation induced cystitis]R Martinez-Rodriguez
Hospital Germans Trias i Pujol, Badalona, Espana
Actas Urol Esp 34:603-9. 2010..Establish a pattern of behavior and treatment algorithm at the onset of hematuria in patients with a previous history of pelvic radiation, checking for this different treatment options reflected in the literature...
- [Apathy in Parkinson's disease]R Garcia-Ramos
Unidad de Trastornos del Movimiento, Instituto de Neurociencias, Servicio de Neurologia, Hospital Universitario Clinico San Carlos, Madrid, Espana
Neurologia 25:40-50. 2010..The diagnosis is desupported by clinical, diagnostic and neuropsychological tests. The evaluation of the apathy must be done simultaneously along with with depression cognitive deficit...
- Progression markers of Spinocerebellar ataxia 2. A twenty years neurophysiological follow up studyLuis Velázquez-Perez
Centro para la Investigación y Rehabilitación de las Ataxias Hereditarias, Holguin, Cuba
J Neurol Sci 290:22-6. 2010..We suggest that sensory amplitudes could be useful biomarkers to assess the progression of peripheral nerve involvement and therefore to evaluate future clinical trials of therapeutic agents...
- [Influence of treatment of hepatocellular carcinoma before liver transplantation on post transplant tumor recurrence and survival]Antonio Díaz-Sánchez
Seccion de Hepatologia, CIBERehd, Servicio de Aparato Digestivo, Hospital General Universitario Gregorio Maranon, Madrid, Espana
Gastroenterol Hepatol 33:155-64. 2010..To evaluate the effectiveness of treatment of hepatocellular carcinoma (HCC) before liver transplantation (LT) and its influence on survival and tumor recurrence in patients transplanted for HCC...
- Prevalence of the set-1B and astA genes encoding enterotoxins in uropathogenic Escherichia coli clinical isolatesS M Soto
Microbiology Department, Hospital Clinic, IDIBAPS, University of Barcelona, Spain
Microb Pathog 47:305-7. 2009..Overall, 27 (16%), 8 (8%) and 0 UPEC isolates presented the set1B, the astA, and the sen genes, respectively. This is the first time the set gene has been found in UPEC clinical isolates...
- Biochemical and biological characterization of a PLA2 from crotoxin complex of Crotalus durissus cumanensisJaime Andrés Pereañez
Programa Ofidismo Escorpionismo, Universidad de Antioquia, Street 62 No 52 59, A A 1226, Medellin, Colombia
Toxicon 53:534-42. 2009..Additionally, Cdcum6 induced a conspicuous local myotoxic effect and moderate footpad edema; in vitro, it was antigoagulant in doses as low as 0.5 microg/l ml, and it was not cytotoxic on myoblast but Cdcum6 was able to lyse myotubes...
- [Primary adrenal insufficiency as the form of onset of adrenoleukodystrophy in a 4-year-old boy]Sebastián Tornero Patricio
Servicio de Pediatria, Hospital Universitario Virgen Macarena, Av Dr Fedriani, 3 41071 Sevilla, Espana
Endocrinol Nutr 56:40-2. 2009..Testing for an autoimmune etiology and adrenoleukodystrophy is important in boys with primary adrenal insufficiency before Addison's disease is diagnosed...
- Clinicopathologic analysis of uterine sarcomas from a single institution in the Canary IslandsVirginia Benito
Gynecologic Oncology Department, University Hospital of Canary Islands, Avda Maritima del Sur s n, Las Palmas de Gran Canaria, Spain
Int J Gynaecol Obstet 107:44-9. 2009..To evaluate the clinicopathologic data and prognostic factors for patients with uterine sarcomas treated at a single institution, with special emphasis on malignant mixed müllerian tumors (MMMT)...
- [Treatment with venlafaxine extended release for climacteric women with depression or anxiety diagnosis. An open-label study]C Iglesias
Servicio de Psiquatría, Hospital Valle del Nalón Langreo, Asturias
Actas Esp Psiquiatr 37:137-42. 2009....
- FATP1 localizes to mitochondria and enhances pyruvate dehydrogenase activity in skeletal myotubesMaria Guitart
Departament de Bioquimica i Biologia Molecular, Facultat de Biologia, Universitat de Barcelona, CIBER de Diabetes y Enfermedades Metabólicas Asociadas, IBUB, Diagonal, 645, E 08028 Barcelona, Spain
Mitochondrion 9:266-72. 2009..These data reveals the localization and points to a regulatory function of FATP1 in myotube mitochondria...
- [Trichilemmal horn: a new case and review of the literature]R Haro
Servicio de Dermatologia, Fundacion Jimenez Diaz, Madrid, Espana
Actas Dermosifiliogr 100:65-8. 2009..On the basis of the pathology report, the tumor was diagnosed as trichilemmal horn. We review the 33 reports of this tumor in the literature to date...
- [Effects of a diet with products in texture modified diets in elderly ambulatory patients]D A de Luis
Sección de Endocrinología y Nutrición Clínica, Unidad de Apoyo a la Investigación, Hospital Universitario del Rio Hortega, Valladolid, Espana
Nutr Hosp 24:87-92. 2009..The main objective of our work was to evaluate the influence in elderly ambulatory patients with dysphagia of a texture modified diet ready to use on nutritional parameters and quality of life...
- [Topical chemotherapy for actinic keratosis and nonmelanoma skin cancer: current options and future perspectives]M V Barrera
Servicio de Dermatología Hospital Clínico Universitario Virgen de la Victoria Campus Universitario Teatinos Málaga España
Actas Dermosifiliogr 98:556-62. 2007..Here, we review the various topical drugs that are currently available and discuss their advantages and drawbacks. Therapeutic options include retinoids, 5-fluoracil, diclofenac, imiquimod, and photodynamic therapy...
- [Spontaneuos paracavernous haematoma]R H Martínez-Rodríguez
Servicio de Urologia, Fundacion Puigvert, Barcelona
Actas Urol Esp 31:781-2. 2007..We report a case of spontaneous, perineal haematoma depending on corpora cavernosa but without injury of them. No erectile dysfunction was associated. Not traumatic injury was known. Etiopathology, diagnosis and treatment are analyses...
- [Deep vein thrombosis: new drugs and future therapeutic perspectives]R García Vidal
Angiología y Cirugía Vascular, Hospital Universitario Joan XXIII, Tarragona, Espana
Rev Clin Esp 206:281-3. 2006..Among the direct antithrombotics we find melagatran and its oral form, ximelagatran, that opts to be the substitute of oral anticoagulants...
- Results of laparoscopic gastric bypass in patients > or =55 years oldMaria Dolores Frutos
Departamento de Cirugia General, Hospital Universitario Virgen de la Arrixaca, 30120 El Palmar, Murcia, Spain
Obes Surg 16:461-4. 2006..We examined the operative outcomes, weight loss, hospital stay and resolution of co-morbidities in patients > or =55 years old compared with those <55 years old undergoing LRYGBP...
- Association between 4G/5G polymorphism of the plasminogen activator inhibitor 1 gene with stroke or encephalopathy after cardiac surgeryGonzalo Sirgo
Intensive Care Department, Joan XXIII University Hospital, University Rovira i Virgili, Institut Pere Virgili, Mallafre Guasch N 4, 43007, Tarragona, Spain
Intensive Care Med 32:668-75. 2006....
- [Sterile maggots as adjuvant procedure for local treatment in a patient with proximal calciphylaxis]M Picazo
Servicios de Nefrologia, Hospital de Figueres y Fundación Puigvert de Barcelona
Nefrologia 25:559-62. 2005..Thus, sterile-maggot debridement may constitute a very good adjuvant treatment even in proximal ulcers of calciphylaxis, preventing systemic infection...
- Pregnancy in renal transplant recipientsM J Gutierrez
Renal Transplant Unit, Nephrology Department, Hospital 12 Octubre, Madrid, Spain
Transplant Proc 37:3721-2. 2005..The incidence of spontaneous abortions was similar to other series (21%). Long-term graft survival does not seem to be negatively affected by pregnancy...
- [Twin-twin transfusion syndrome and cardiovascular complications]P Betrián Blasco
Servicio de Cardiologia Pediatrica, Hospital Maternoinfantil Vall d Hebron, Barcelona, Spain
An Pediatr (Barc) 63:551-4. 2005..Twin-twin transfusion syndrome carries high morbidity and mortality, related in part to the cardiovascular alterations that it produces...
- Hematocrit influences immunoassay performance for the measurement of tacrolimus in whole bloodYolanda Armendariz
Biochemistry Service, IDIBELL, Bellvitge Universitary Hospital, University of Barcelona, Spain
Ther Drug Monit 27:766-9. 2005..In conclusion, the differences in the tacrolimus results obtained by MEIA and EMIT assays were higher in samples from patients with hematocrit less than 25%, and the MEIA assay demonstrated a high incidence of false-positive results...
- Bifid condyle: case reportGuadalupe Corchero-Martín
Med Oral Patol Oral Cir Bucal 10:277-9. 2005..Treatment is conservative for symptomatic patients with TMJ disorders, surgical treatment is described in literature in TMJ ankylosis that develops in bifid condyles secondary to trauma...
- Use of a panel of tumor markers (carcinoembryonic antigen, cancer antigen 125, carbohydrate antigen 15-3, and cytokeratin 19 fragments) in pleural fluid for the differential diagnosis of benign and malignant effusionsJosé Manuel Porcel
Department of Internal Medicine, Arnau de Vilanova University Hospital, Alcalde Rovira Roure 80, 25198 Lleida, Spain
Chest 126:1757-63. 2004..The diagnostic value of tumor markers in pleural fluid is subject to debate. The aim of this study was to evaluate the diagnostic performance of several tumor markers in common use for detecting malignant pleural disease...
- [Refractory hypotension during anesthesia in a patient treated with angiotensin receptor blockers]L M Vaquero Roncero
Servicio de Anestesiologia y Reanimacion, Hospital Clinico Universitario, Salamanca
Rev Esp Anestesiol Reanim 51:338-41. 2004..Anesthetized patients treated with angiotensin II receptor blockers to control hypertension may experience hypotensive events that are refractory to standard treatment but that respond to vasopressin receptor antagonists...
- [Chorea following withdrawal of quetiapine]P E Jimenez-Caballero
Servicio de Neurologia, Hospital Virgen de la Salud, Toledo, Spain
Rev Neurol 38:1094. 2004
- Enzymatic probe sonication: enhancement of protease-catalyzed hydrolysis of selenium bound to proteins in yeastJ L Capelo
Departamento de Engenharia Quimica, Instituto Superior Técnico de Lisboa, Avda Rovisco Pais, S N, 1049 001, Lisboa, Portugal
Anal Chem 76:233-7. 2004..The new sample treatment proposed has been successfully applied to selenium speciation in yeast using chromatographic separation (HPLC) coupled to inductively coupled plasma-mass spectrometry...
- [Antioxidant and fat intake in patients with polinic asthma]Daniel Antonio de Luis
Instituto de Endocrinología y Nutrición, Facultad de Medicina, Hospital Rio Hortega, Universidad de Valladolid, Valladolid, Espana
Med Clin (Barc) 121:653-4. 2003..The aim of our work was to evaluate the dietary intake of patients with asthma...
- [Cortical laminar necrosis caused by cerebral infarction]A Serrano-Pozo
Servicio de Neurologia, Hospital Universitario Virgen del Rocio, Sevilla
Neurologia 21:258-9. 2006
- Intestinal parasites in adults admitted to a rural Ethiopian hospital: Relationship to tuberculosis and malariaJose Manuel Ramos
Unit of Infectious Diseases, Hospital General Universitario Elche, Alicante, Spain
Scand J Infect Dis 38:460-2. 2006
- [Cyclic alternating pattern as a sign of brain instability during sleep]A Ferre
Departamento de Neurofisiologia Clinica, Hospital Vall d Hebron, Barcelona, Spain, and Sleep Disorders Clinic, Stanford University, California, USA
Neurologia 21:304-11. 2006..This study aims to explain the concept of CAP and its pathophysiology studied up to the present...
- [Therapeutic guidelines fulfillment in clinical practice in patients with chronic kidney disease (CKD)]U Verdalles
Servicio de Nefrologia, Hospital General Universitario Gregorio Maranon, Madrid, Spain
Nefrologia 27:320-8. 2007....
- Vincristine-induced acute neurotoxicity versus Guillain-Barré syndrome: a diagnostic dilemmaP González Pérez
Department of Neurology and Clinical Neurophysiology, University Hospital Virgen del Rocio, Seville, Spain
Eur J Neurol 14:826-8. 2007..This report shows that differentiating between axonal GBS and VCR-induced acute neurotoxicity may be a challenge for clinicians...
- [Course and cares of intestinal transplant in immediate post-operative period]M J Frade Mera
Diplomada Universitaria de Enfermería, Servicio de Medicina Intensiva, Unidad de Cuidados Intensivos Polivalente, Hospital Universitario 12 de Octubre, Madrid, Espana
Enferm Intensiva 18:61-9. 2007..Describe the course and immediate post-operative care in patients with intestinal transplant...
- [Updated guide for diagnosis, staging and treatment of hepatocellular carcinoma]Silvia Gomez Senent
Servicio de Aparato Digestivo, Hospital Universitario La Paz, Madrid, Espana
Med Clin (Barc) 128:741-8. 2007
- [Prenatal diagnosis of hydronephrosis: utility of diuretic renography]M P García Alonso
Servicio de Medicina Nuclear, Hospital Universitario de Getafe, Madrid, Spain
An Pediatr (Barc) 66:459-67. 2007..To investigate the value of diuretic renography in patients with prenatally diagnosed unilateral hydronephrosis...
- Medicinal chemistry and bioinformatics--current trends in drugs discovery with networks topological indicesHumberto Gonzalez-Diaz
Department of Organic Chemistry and Institute of Industrial Pharmacy, Faculty of Pharmacy, University of Santiago de Compostela, 15782, Spain
Curr Top Med Chem 7:1015-29. 2007....
- [Synchronous ENT lymphoepitheliomas. Controversies on their diagnosis and treatment]Enrique Coscarón Blanco
Servicio de Otorrinolaringologia, Hospital Virgen de la Concha, Zamora, Espana
Acta Otorrinolaringol Esp 58:119-22. 2007..A case of 2 synchronous neoplasms in the larynx and cavum is reported and the most significant aspects of this uncommon feature are discussed...
- Myocardial metastases presenting as ventricular tachycardiaSonia Ibars
Cardiology Department, Hospital de Sabadell, Fundació Universitària Parc Taulí, Sabadell, Spain
J Electrocardiol 40:365-7. 2007
- [Erectile dysfunction. Perception of sexuality among men who suffer it]Juan Manuel Leyva Moral
Dreta de l Eixample Barcelona
Rev Enferm 29:64-8. 2006..Medication or mechanical apparatuses are viewed as lacking spontaneity and moreover are solicited late in the majority of these cases. One can consult a more exhaustive description of this review at www.e-rol.es..
- [Mycobacterium marinum infection. Case report and review of the literature]C R García Acebes
Servicio de Dermatologia, Hospital Clinico San Carlos, Madrid, Spain
Actas Dermosifiliogr 97:653-7. 2006..We review the different antibiotic regimens prescribed in the past years for the treatment of Mycobacterium marinum infection...
- Preparation and characterization of ceramic products by thermal treatment of sewage sludge ashes mixed with different additivesIgnacio Merino
Instituto de Enseñanza Secundaria Celso Díaz, Avenida de Numancia 5, 26580 Arnedo, La Rioja, Spain
Waste Manag 27:1829-44. 2007..Excepting with kaolin, ceramic materials with better characteristics than sludge ashes without additives were obtained at lower treatment temperatures...
- Anterior uveitis associated with treatment with intravenous cidofovir in kidney transplant patients with BK virus nephropathyV Lopez
Nephrology, Carlos Haya Hospital, Malaga, Spain
Transplant Proc 38:2412-3. 2006..Anterior uveitis, a complication of this treatment, has been reported after its use in patients with cytomegalovirus-associated retinitis. We analyzed the incidence and associated risk factors for this disorder in patients with PVAN...
- [Traumatic rupture of a horseshoe kidney]M Pascual Samaniego
Servicio de Urologia, Hospital San Pedro de Alcantara, Caceres
Actas Urol Esp 30:424-8. 2006..Computed tomography provides the best radiological information...
- [Paroxetine treatment for children and adolescents with anxiety disorders]H Blasco-Fontecilla
Unidad de Psiquiatría Infantil, Servicio de Psiquiatria, Hospital Ramon y Cajal, Universidad de Alcala, Madrid, Spain
Actas Esp Psiquiatr 30:287-91. 2002..This study examines the effectiveness of paroxetine in children and adolescents with anxiety disorders...