- How does family intervention improve the outcome of people with schizophrenia?Manuel Giron
Dpto de Enfermería Comunitaria, Medicina Preventiva y Salud Pública, e Historia de la Ciencia, Universidad de Alacant, Campus de Sant Vicent del Raspeig, Apdo 99, 03080, Alacant, Spain
Soc Psychiatry Psychiatr Epidemiol 50:379-87. 2015..There is strong evidence of the efficacy of family psychosocial interventions for schizophrenia, but evidence of the role played by the attitudes of relatives in the therapeutic process is lacking...
- Psychometric behaviour of the strengths and difficulties questionnaire (SDQ) in the Spanish national health survey 2006Manuel Gomez-Beneyto
Teaching Unit of Psychiatry and Psychological Medicine, Department of Medicine, University of Valencia, Valencia, Spain
BMC Psychiatry 13:95. 2013..The aim of this study is to describe the diagnostic efficiency and internal structure of the SDQ in the sample of children studied in the Spanish National Health Survey 2006...
- [Quality of the physician-patient relation and results of clinical encounters in primary care in Alicante: a study with focal groups]Manuel Giron
Departamento de Medicina Clinica, Universidad Miguel Hernandez, Campus de Sant Joan, Crtra de Valencia Km 87, 03550 San Juan de Alicante
Rev Esp Salud Publica 76:561-75. 2002..The relationship between the quality of the physician-patient relationship and the outcomes of the clinical encounters in primary care are examined...
- Efficacy and effectiveness of individual family intervention on social and clinical functioning and family burden in severe schizophrenia: a 2-year randomized controlled studyM Giron
Department of Clinical Medicine, University Miguel Hernandez, Alacant, Spain
Psychol Med 40:73-84. 2010..The aim was to study the efficacy and effectiveness of psychosocial family intervention with regard to clinical and social functioning and family burden after controlling for compliance and several prognostic factors...
- Self-reported chronic mental health problems and mental health service use in SpainManuel Giron
Departament de Medicina Cliotanica, Universitat Miguel Hernàndez, Ctra de València km 87 03550 Sant Joan d Alacant, Spain
Chronic Illn 5:197-208. 2009..To determine the prevalence of self-reported chronic mental health problems (MHPs) and mental health service use and their determinants, among the Spanish population over 14 years of age...
- Relationship between family attitudes and social functioning in schizophrenia: a nine-month follow-up prospective study in SpainManuel Giron
Department of Clinical Medicine, University Miguel Hernandez, Alicante, Spain
J Nerv Ment Dis 192:414-20. 2004..Different attitudinal dimensions of family attitudes might show different relationships with the social and clinical outcomes in this disorder...