Miguel A Fortuna
- Spatial mating networks in insect-pollinated plantsMiguel A Fortuna
Integrative Ecology Group, Estacion Biologica de Donana, CSIC, Apdo 1056, E 41080 Sevilla, Spain
Ecol Lett 11:490-8. 2008..This increases gene flow across the entire population, reducing its genetic structure, and potentially decreasing the role of genetic drift...
- Nestedness versus modularity in ecological networks: two sides of the same coin?Miguel A Fortuna
Integrative Ecology Group, Estacion Biologica de Donana, Consejo Superior de Investigaciones Cieitificas, Calle Américo Vespucio s n, Seville, Spain
J Anim Ecol 79:811-7. 2010..6. A better understanding of the relationship between nestedness and modularity is important given their potential implications on the dynamics and stability of ecological communities...
- Evolving digital ecological networksMiguel A Fortuna
Integrative Ecology Group, Estación Biológica de Doñana EDB CSIC, Sevilla, Spain
PLoS Comput Biol 9:e1002928. 2013..Biologists use these evolving networks to study active and fundamental topics within evolutionary ecology (e.g., the extent to which the architecture of multispecies networks shape coevolutionary outcomes, and the processes involved)...
- Spatial network structure and amphibian persistence in stochastic environmentsMiguel A Fortuna
Integrative Ecology Group, Estacion Biologica de Donana, CSIC, Apdo 1056, 41080 Seville, Spain
Proc Biol Sci 273:1429-34. 2006....
- Do scale-free regulatory networks allow more expression than random ones?Miguel A Fortuna
Integrative Ecology Group, Estacion Biologica de Donana, CSIC, Avda Ma Luisa s n, 41013, E 41080 Sevilla, Spain
J Theor Biol 247:331-6. 2007..Small genomes with scale-free regulatory topologies could allow much more expression than large genomes with exponential topologies. This may have implications for the dynamics, robustness and evolution of genomes...
- The roosting spatial network of a bird-predator batMiguel A Fortuna
Integrative Ecology Group, Estacion Biologica de Donana, CSIC, Avenida M Luisa s n, 41013 Sevilla, Spain
Ecology 90:934-44. 2009..Network analysis can hence be applied to quantifying the conservation status of individual trees used by species depending on hollows for shelter...
- Assessing the robustness of networks of spatial genetic variationEva M Albert
Integrative Ecology Group, Estación Biológica de Doñana EBD CSIC, Americo Vespucio s n, E 41092, Sevilla, Spain
Ecol Lett 16:86-93. 2013..Mapping these networks of spatial genetic variation will allow identifying significant evolutionary units and how they vanish, merge and reorganise following perturbations...
- Networks of spatial genetic variation across speciesMiguel A Fortuna
Integrative Ecology Group, Estacion Biologica de Donana, Consejo Superior de Investigaciones Cientificas, Americo Vespucio s n, 41092 Sevilla, Spain
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 106:19044-9. 2009..This variation creates a tremendous challenge for the prioritization of patches to conserve the genetic variation of multispecies assemblages...
- How does the functional diversity of frugivorous birds shape the spatial pattern of seed dispersal? A case study in a relict plant speciesJessica E Lavabre
Integrative Ecology Group, Estacion Biologica de Donana, EBD CSIC, c Americo Vespucio s n, Sevilla 41092, Spain
Philos Trans R Soc Lond B Biol Sci 371:. 2016..We end by discussing how DNA barcoding could serve to better quantify the role of functional diversity. ..
- Compartments in a marine food web associated with phylogeny, body mass, and habitat structureEnrico L Rezende
Integrative Ecology Group, Estacion Biologica de Donana, CSIC, Americo Vespucio s n, E 41092 Sevilla, Spain
Ecol Lett 12:779-88. 2009..Current overfishing of sharks has the potential to change the structural properties, which might eventually affect the stability of the food web...
- Habitat loss and the structure of plant-animal mutualistic networksMiguel A Fortuna
Ecol Lett 9:281-6. 2006..There is a destruction threshold at which the community collapses. Our model is the first attempt to describe the dynamics of whole mutualistic metacommunities interacting in realistic ways...