- Salvage chemotherapy with alternating MINE-ESHAP regimen in relapsed or refractory Hodgkin's lymphoma followed by autologous stem-cell transplantationC Fernández de Larrea
Department of Hematology, University of Barcelona, Barcelona, Spain
Ann Oncol 21:1211-6. 2010..However, the optimal salvage regimen has not yet been established...
- Outcome of patients with acute promyelocytic leukemia failing to front-line treatment with all-trans retinoic acid and anthracycline-based chemotherapy (PETHEMA protocols LPA96 and LPA99): benefit of an early interventionJ Esteve
Hospital Clinic, Barcelona, Spain
Leukemia 21:446-52. 2007..Moreover, given the poor outcome of HEMrel managed with ATRA and HDAC, use of alternative therapeutic strategies in this setting is warranted...
- Predictive value of Follicular Lymphoma International Prognostic Index (FLIPI) in patients with follicular lymphoma at first progressionS Montoto
Department of Hematology and Hematopathology Unit, Hospital Clinic, IDIBAPS, Barcelona
Ann Oncol 15:1484-9. 2004..A new prognostic index specifically addressing FL patients, the Follicular Lymphoma International Prognostic Index (FLIPI), has recently been developed, which might also be useful in patients with progression...
- Prognostic features and outcome in patients with diffuse large B-cell lymphoma who do not achieve a complete response to first-line regimensL Villela
Department of Hematology, , , , Barcelona, Spain
Cancer 91:1557-62. 2001..The inclusion of these patients in experimental trials is limited due to their tendency to be of an older age and to have a poor general status...
- Thalidomide in multiple myeloma: lack of response of soft-tissue plasmacytomasJ Blade
Institute of Haematology and Oncology, Department of Haematology, Postgraduate School of Haematology Farreras Valenti, Barcelona, Spain
Br J Haematol 113:422-4. 2001..This data suggests that the mechanism of action and effectiveness of thalidomide might depend on the site of the tumour cells...
- Allogenic stem cell transplantation as salvage therapy for patients relapsing after autologous transplantation: experience from a single institutionC Martinez
Transplantation Unit, Department of Hematology, Postgraduate School of Hematology Farreras Valenti, Institute of Hematology and Oncology, IDIBAPS Hospital Clinic, University of Barcelona, Villarroel 170, 08036, Barcelona, Spain
Leuk Res 25:379-84. 2001..However, the procedure is associated with a high transplant-related mortality. Better results might be obtained by carefully selecting patients and by reducing the intensity of the preparative regimen...
- [The autologous transplantation of hematopoietic precursors on an outpatient basis: an analysis of its feasibility at the Hospital Clínic de Barcelona]S Rives
Sección de Trasplante Hemopoyético, Hospital Clinic, Barcelona
Med Clin (Barc) 113:201-4. 1999..Preliminary results show a significant financial saving without modifying the therapeutic results. The aim of this study has been to evaluate the feasibility of this procedure in our the Hospital Clínic of Barcelona, Spain...
- Bone marrow WT1 levels at diagnosis, post-induction and post-intensification in adult de novo AMLJ F Nomdedeu
Laboratori dacute Hematologia, Hospital de la Santa Creu i Sant Pau, Universitat Autonoma de Barcelona, Barcelona, Spain
Leukemia 27:2157-64. 2013..001. WT1 levels in bone marrow assayed using the standardized ELN method provide relevant prognostic information in de novo AML...
- High-dose therapy/autologous stem cell transplantation in patients with chemosensitive multiple myeloma: predictors of complete remissionE Nadal
Hematology Department, BMT Section, Institute of Hemato Oncology, Hospital Clinic, IDIBAPS, Barcelona, Spain
Bone Marrow Transplant 33:61-4. 2004..Finally, the pretransplant features significantly associated to CR were a low M-protein size (serum </=10 g/l and urine <0.5 g/24 h) (P=0.0003) and a proportion of bone marrow plasma cells of </=5% (P=0.02)...
- MicroRNA expression at diagnosis adds relevant prognostic information to molecular categorization in patients with intermediate-risk cytogenetic acute myeloid leukemiaM Díaz-Beyá
1 Hematology Department, Hospital Clinic, Institut d Investigacions Bomèdiques August Pi i Sunyer IDIBAPS, University of Barcelona, Barcelona, Spain 2 Josep Carreras Leukemia Research Institute IJC, Barcelona, Spain
Leukemia 28:804-12. 2014..miR-409-3p, miR-135a, miR-196b and mir-644 arose as prognostic markers for IR-AML, both overall and within specific molecular subgroups. ..
- Smoldering multiple myeloma: natural history and recognition of an evolving typeL Rosinol
Hematology Department, Institut Clinic de Malalties Hemato Oncologiques, Hospital Clinic, University of Barcelona, Barcelona, Spain
Br J Haematol 123:631-6. 2003..Fifty-seven per cent of patients that required chemotherapy showed no or minimal response. The median survival from diagnosis and from progression was 8.2 and 3.5 years respectively...
- Prognostic significance of mutations of nucleophosmin (NPM1) gene and internal tandem duplication of FLT3 gene (FLT3 ITD) in acute myeloid leukemia (AML) with normal karyotypeS Brunet
Hospital Sant Pau, Barcelona, Spain Hospital Clínic, Barcelona, Spain Hospital Germans Trias i Pujol, Badalona, Spain Hospital Joan XXIII, Tarragona, Spain Hospital Duran y Reynals, Hospitalet de Llobregat, Spain Hospital Clínic, Valencia, Spain Hospital Trueta, Girona, Spain
J Clin Oncol 26:7024. 2008..NPM1 mutations frequently associate to FLT3 ITD, an adverse factor, so it is of interest to perform analyses considering both molecular markers...
- The expression level of BAALC-associated microRNA miR-3151 is an independent prognostic factor in younger patients with cytogenetic intermediate-risk acute myeloid leukemiaM Díaz-Beyá
Hematology Department, IDIBAPS, Hospital Clinic, Barcelona, Spain
Blood Cancer J 5:e352. 2015..In conclusion, the analysis of miR-3151 and BAALC expression may well contribute to an improved prognostic stratification of younger patients with IR-AML. ..
- Thalidomide in refractory and relapsing multiple myelomaJ Blade
Institute of Hematology and Oncology, Department of Hematology, Hospital Clinic, University of Barcelona, Villaroel 170, 08036 Barcelona, Spain
Semin Oncol 28:588-92. 2001..No decrease in the size of soft tissue plasmacytomas was observed in six patients with extramedullary involvement...
- Treatment approaches for relapsing and refractory multiple myelomaJ Blade
Institute of Hematology Oncology, Department of Hematology, Institut d Investigacions Biomediques August Pi i Sunyer, Hospital Clinic, University of Barcelona, Spain
Acta Oncol 39:843-7. 2000..In heavily pretreated resistant patients a conservative approach with alternate day prednisone (30 to 50 mg) along with pulse cyclophosphamide (800 to 1,200 mg every 2 to 3 weeks) is recommended...
- Malignant transformation in IgM monoclonal gammopathy of undetermined significanceS Montoto
Institute of Hematology and Oncology, Postgraduate School of Hematology Farreras Valenti, Department of Hematology and Hematopathology Unit, IDIBAPS, Hospital Clinic, Barcelona, Spain
Semin Oncol 30:178-81. 2003..Thus, in IgM MGUS the rate of transformation was similar to the risk observed in other MGUS types, the percentage of BMPC and BML being the features significantly associated with evolution into WM...
- Outcome after relapse of acute lymphoblastic leukemia in adult patients included in four consecutive risk-adapted trials by the PETHEMA Study GroupAlbert Oriol
Servei d Hematologia Clinica, Institut Catala d Oncologia, Hospital Germans Trias i Pujol, 08916 Badalona, Barcelona, Spain
Haematologica 95:589-96. 2010..The objective of this study was to explore the factors influencing the outcome of adult patients with relapsed acute lymphoblastic leukemia...
- Increased conventional chemotherapy does not improve survival in multiple myeloma: long-term results of two PETHEMA trials including 914 patientsJ Blade
Spanish Cooperative Group for Hematological Malignancies Treatment PETHEMA, Spanish Society of Hematology Institut de Investigacions Biomèdiques August Pi i Sunyer Hospital Clínico Barcelona Spain
Hematol J 2:272-8. 2001..We present the long-term outcome of 914 patients from two randomized trials comparing three different dose intensity regimens...
- Acute myeloid leukemia with translocation (8;16)(p11;p13) and MYST3-CREBBP rearrangement harbors a distinctive microRNA signature targeting RET proto-oncogeneM Díaz-Beyá
Department of Hematology, Hospital Clinic, University of Barcelona, Barcelona, Spain
Leukemia 27:595-603. 2013..In conclusion, t(8;16) AML harbors a specific microRNA signature that is partially epigenetically regulated and targets RET proto-oncogene...
- Survival after progression in patients with follicular lymphoma: analysis of prognostic factorsS Montoto
Department of Hematology, Institut d Investigacions Biomediques August Pi i Sunyer, Hospital Clinic, Barcelona, Spain
Ann Oncol 13:523-30. 2002..These would be useful for selection of high-risk patients for inclusion in trials aimed at determining the effect of new treatment approaches in such patients...
- Epidemiology and outcome of bacteraemia in neutropenic patients in a single institution from 1991-2012M Ortega
Emergency Department and Infectious Diseases Unit, Hospital Clinic, University of Barcelona, Barcelona, Spain
Epidemiol Infect 143:734-40. 2015..The progressive increase of Gram-negative microorganisms resistant to antibiotics influences the choice of empirical treatment in febrile neutropenia and in our experience, the addition of amikacin could be beneficial for such patients...
- Complement-mediated cell death induced by rituximab in B-cell lymphoproliferative disorders is mediated in vitro by a caspase-independent mechanism involving the generation of reactive oxygen speciesB Bellosillo
Hematopathology Unit, Department of Hematology, Institute of Hematology and Oncology, , Barcelona, Spain
Blood 98:2771-7. 2001..In conclusion, the results of the present study suggest that CD20, CD59, and complement have a role in the in vitro cytotoxic effect of rituximab, which is mediated by a caspase-independent process that involves ROS generation...
- Adverse impact of IDH1 and IDH2 mutations in primary AML: experience of the Spanish CETLAM groupJ Nomdedeu
Hematology Department, Hosptial de Santa Creu i Sant Pau, Barcelona, Spain
Leuk Res 36:990-7. 2012..IDH1 and IDH2 mutations are common genetic alterations in normal karyotype AML. Favourable genotype NPM or CEBPA mutated/FLT3 wt can be further categorized according to the IDH1 and IDH2 mutational status...
- Cardiotoxicity of tyrosine-kinase-targeting drugsA García-Alvarez
Cardiology Department, Thorax Institute, Hospital Clinic, Institut d Investigacions Biomediques August Pi i Sunyer, University of Barcelona, Villaroel 170, Barcelona, Spain
Cardiovasc Hematol Agents Med Chem 8:11-21. 2010....
- Comparative outcome of reduced intensity and myeloablative conditioning regimen in HLA identical sibling allogeneic haematopoietic stem cell transplantation for patients older than 50 years of age with acute myeloblastic leukaemia: a retrospective survey M Aoudjhane
EA1638 Université Paris 6, Acute Leukemia Working Party and European Group of Blood and Marrow Transplant Office Paris, Paris, France
Leukemia 19:2304-12. 2005..003) after RIC transplantation. Leukaemia-free survival was not statistically different between the two groups. These results may set the grounds for prospective trials comparing RIC with other strategies of treatment in elderly AML...
- Stem cell transplantation for chronic lymphocytic leukemia: different outcome after autologous and allogeneic transplantation and correlation with minimal residual disease statusJ Esteve
Institute of Hematology and Oncology, Department of Hematology, University of Barcelona, Spain
Leukemia 15:445-51. 2001..These results show that in CLL the probability of achieving sustained MRD(-) CR is higher with allogeneic than with autologous transplants, and confirm the value of MRD assessment in the follow-up of patients transplanted for CLL...
- Modelling time-dependent hazard ratios in relative survival: application to colon cancerP Bolard
Registre Bourguignon des Tumeurs Digestives (Burgundy Registry of Digestive Tumors, , 7 Bd Jeanne d'Arc 21033, Dijon Cedex, France
J Clin Epidemiol 54:986-96. 2001..The non-proportional hazard relative survival models developed in this article have been found to be efficient tools for better understanding the time-dependent aspect of prognostic factors...
- HLA-identical sibling allogeneic peripheral blood stem cell transplantation with reduced intensity conditioning compared to autologous peripheral blood stem cell transplantation for elderly patients with de novo acute myeloid leukemiaA L Herr
Centre Hospitalier Universitaire Vaudois, Lausanne, Switzerland
Leukemia 21:129-35. 2007..Therefore, there was no survival advantage in this subgroup. In patients in 2nd or subsequent CR, LFS and OS were superior in the RIC group. RIC transplants show encouraging results in this older patient population with de novo AML...
- Therapy-related acute promyelocytic leukemiaM Beaumont
Service des Maladies du Sang, Lille, France
J Clin Oncol 21:2123-37. 2003..To analyze patient cases of therapy-related acute promyelocytic leukemia (tAPL), occurring after chemotherapy (CT), radiotherapy (RT) or both for a prior disorder, diagnosed during the last 20 years in three European countries...
- Assessing time-by-covariate interactions in relative survival models using restrictive cubic spline functionsP Bolard
Department of Medical Information, Centre Hospitalier de Chalon, Chalon sur Saone, France
J Cancer Epidemiol Prev 7:113-22. 2002..In both approaches, the validity of proportional hazards hypothesis should be evaluated...
- Benefit of operative mortality reduction on colorectal cancer survivalE Mitry
Registre des Cancers Digestifs, Faculte de Medecine, Dijon and Service de Biostatistique, Centre Hospitalier Lyon Sud, Pierre Benite, France
Br J Surg 89:1557-62. 2002..The aim of this study was to determine trends in operative mortality after colorectal cancer surgery over a 20-year period in a well defined population, and consequences on overall survival...