M G Claros
- Why assembling plant genome sequences is so challengingManuel Gonzalo Claros
Department of Molecular Biology and Biochemistry, Faculty of Sciences, University of Malaga, 29071 Malaga, Spain
Biology (Basel) 1:439-59. 2012..As a result of these challenges and confounding factors, the correct assembly and annotation of plant genomes is hindered, genome drafts are produced, and advances in plant genomics are delayed. ..
- Pyroptosis and adaptive immunity mechanisms are promptly engendered in mesenteric lymph-nodes during pig infections with Salmonella enterica serovar TyphimuriumRodrigo Prado Martins
Grupo de Genómica y Mejora Animal, Departamento de Genetica, Facultad de Veterinaria, Universidad de Cordoba, Campus de Rabanales, Edificio Gregor Mendel C5, 14071, Cordoba, Spain
Vet Res 44:120. 2013..Taken together, our results are useful for a better understanding of the critical protective mechanisms against Salmonella that occur in porcine MLN to prevent the spread of infection beyond the intestine...
- De novo assembly, characterization and functional annotation of Senegalese sole (Solea senegalensis) and common sole (Solea solea) transcriptomes: integration in a database and design of a microarrayHicham Benzekri
IFAPA Centro El Toruño, IFAPA, Consejería de Agricultura y Pesca, 11500 El Puerto de Santa Maria, Cadiz, Spain
BMC Genomics 15:952. 2014..Moreover, the comparative analysis of transcriptomes will be useful to understand flatfish evolution...
- Reprogramming of gene expression during compression wood formation in pine: coordinated modulation of S-adenosylmethionine, lignin and lignan related genesDavid P Villalobos
Departamento de Biologia Molecular y Bioquimica, Facultad de Ciencias, Universidad de Malaga, Campus Universitario de Teatinos, 29071, Malaga, Spain
BMC Plant Biol 12:100. 2012....
- EuroPineDB: a high-coverage web database for maritime pine transcriptomeNoé Fernández-Pozo
Departamento de Biologia Molecular y Bioquimica, Facultad de Ciencias, Campus de Teatinos s n, Universidad de Malaga, 29071 Malaga, Spain
BMC Genomics 12:366. 2011..Its enormous genome size makes whole-genome sequencing approaches are hard to apply. Therefore, the expressed portion of the genome has to be characterised and the results and annotations have to be stored in dedicated databases...
- SeqTrim: a high-throughput pipeline for pre-processing any type of sequence readJuan Falgueras
Departamento de Lenguajes y Ciencias de la Computación, Universidad de Malaga, Malaga, Spain
BMC Bioinformatics 11:38. 2010..This requires increasing sequence quality and reliability in order to avoid database contamination with artefactual sequences. The arrival of pyrosequencing enhances this problem and necessitates customisable pre-processing algorithms...
- PreP+07: improvements of a user friendly tool to preprocess and analyse microarray dataVictoria Martin-Requena
Computer Architecture Department, University of Malaga, Malaga, Spain
BMC Bioinformatics 10:16. 2009..An interactive, easy to use application seems therefore necessary to help researchers to extract full information from data and analyse them in a simple, powerful and confident way...
- Evidence for an operative glutamine translocator in chloroplasts from maritime pine (Pinus pinaster Ait.) cotyledonsM G Claros
Departamento de Biologia Molecular y Bioquimica, Facultad de Ciencias, Universidad de Malaga, Malaga, Spain
Plant Biol (Stuttg) 12:717-23. 2010..As a result, the efficient assimilation of free ammonia produced by photorespiration, nitrate reduction, storage protein mobilisation, phenylpropanoid pathway or S-adenosylmethionine synthesis is guaranteed...
- AlignMiner: a Web-based tool for detection of divergent regions in multiple sequence alignments of conserved sequencesDarío Guerrero
Plataforma Andaluza de Bioinformática Universidad de Málaga, Severo Ochoa, 34, 29590 Malaga, Spain
Algorithms Mol Biol 5:24. 2010..As a consequence, they must be selected empirically by the researcher. AlignMiner has been developed to fill this gap in bioinformatic analyses...
- Computational method to predict mitochondrially imported proteins and their targeting sequencesM G Claros
Laboratoire de Genetique Moleculaire, CNRS URA 1302, Ecole Normale Superieure, Paris, France or
Eur J Biochem 241:779-86. 1996..As a practical application, the number of unknown yeast open reading frames that might be mitochondrial proteins has been predicted, which revealed that many of them are clustered...