- Group-index engineering in silicon corrugated waveguidesAntoine Brimont
Nanophotonics Technology Center, Universidad Politecnica de Valencia, Camino de Vera s n 46022, Valencia, Spain
Opt Lett 35:2708-10. 2010..Nearly constant group index as high as 13.5 over a wavelength range of approximately 14 nm is experimentally demonstrated in a 50-microm-long waveguide...
- High-contrast 40 Gb/s operation of a 500 μm long silicon carrier-depletion slow wave modulatorA Brimont
Nanophotonics Technology Center, Universitat Politècnica de València, Valencia, Spain
Opt Lett 37:3504-6. 2012..These results confirm the benefits of slow light as a means to enhance the performance of silicon modulators based on the plasma dispersion effect...
- Strong electro-optical modulation enhancement in a slow wave corrugated waveguideA Brimont
Valencia Nanophotonics Technology Center, Universidad Politécnica de Valencia Camino de Vera, S N, 46022 Valencia, Spain
Opt Express 17:9204-11. 2009..15c. Interaction lengths and insertion losses below 750 microm and 3dB are respectively found for voltage variations in the range -8V to -10V. Furthermore, the device electrical modulation bandwidth is expected to be higher than 10 GHz...
- High speed silicon electro-optical modulators enhanced via slow light propagationA Brimont
Nanophotonics Technology Center, Universitat Politècnica de València, Camino de Vera, s n 46022 Valencia
Opt Express 19:20876-85. 2011..These results, supported by modulation rate capabilities reaching 40 Gbit/s, pave a foreseeable way towards dense, low power and ultra fast integrated networks-on-chip for future chip-scale high performance computing systems...
- Increased sensitivity through maximizing the extinction ratio of SOI delay-interferometer receiver for 10G DPSKM Aamer
Nanophotonics Technology Center, Universitat Politècnica Valencia, Camino de Vera s n, 46022, Valencia, Spain
Opt Express 20:14698-704. 2012..Also the foot-print of the device is minimized to 0.11 mm(2) by the use of compact spirals...
- Silicon slow-light-based photonic mixer for microwave-frequency conversion applicationsA M Gutierrez
Nanophotonics Technology Center, Universitat Politècnica Valencia, Valencia, Spain
Opt Lett 37:1721-3. 2012..25 GHz. A minimum transmission point is used to successfully demonstrate the upconversion with very low conversion losses of ~7 dB and excellent quality of the received I/Q modulated QPSK signal with an optimum EVM of ~8%...