- [First intraoperative magnetic resonance imaging in a Spanish hospital of the public healthcare system: initial experience, feasibility and difficulties in our environment]Marta Brell
Servicio de Neurocirugia, Hospital Universitario Son Espases, Palma de Mallorca, España Electronic address
Neurocirugia (Astur) 24:11-21. 2013..We evaluate its usefulness and accuracy to detect residual tumours and compare its intraoperative results with images obtained postoperatively using conventional high-field devices...
- O6-Methylguanine-DNA methyltransferase protein expression by immunohistochemistry in brain and non-brain systemic tumours: systematic review and meta-analysis of correlation with methylation-specific polymerase chain reactionMarta Brell
Department of Neurosurgery, Son Dureta University Hospital, Palma de Mallorca, Spain
BMC Cancer 11:35. 2011..Agreement on the best and most reliable technique for evaluating MGMT status remains unsettled. The aim of this study was to perform a systematic review and meta-analysis of the correlation between IHC and MSP...
- Fractionated stereotactic radiotherapy in the treatment of exclusive cavernous sinus meningioma: functional outcome, local control, and toleranceMarta Brell
Neurosurgery Department, Hospital Universitari de Bellvitge, L Hospitalet, Barcelona, Spain 08907
Surg Neurol 65:28-33; discussion 33-4. 2006..Fractionated stereotactic radiotherapy (FSRT) combines the precision of stereotactic positioning with the radiobiologic advantage of dose fractionation...
- Direct observation of human microcirculation during decompressive craniectomy after strokeJon Pérez-Bárcena
Department of Intensive Care Medicine, Son Dureta University Hospital, Mallorca, Spain
Crit Care Med 39:1126-9. 2011....
- "Intrasellar Balloon Technique" in intraoperative MRI guided transsphenoidal endoscopic surgery for sellar region tumors. Usefulness on image interpretation and extent of resection evaluation. Technical notePaloma Jiménez
Department of Neurosurgery, Clinical University Hospital Son Espases, Palma de Mallorca, Spain
Acta Neurochir (Wien) 158:445-9. 2016..In this article we present a novel technique based on using intrasellar ballons to reduce these difficulties and facilitate the surgeon's intraoperative assessment by iMRI...
- Quantitative analysis of matrix metalloproteinase-2 mRNA expression in central and peripheral regions of gliomasMarta Brell
Department of Neurosurgery, HUSD, Palma de Mallorca, Spain
Brain Tumor Pathol 28:137-44. 2011..Our results demonstrate that MMP-2 is differentially expressed in central and peripheral regions of gliomas. Further studies are necessary to clarify the significance of these findings and their possible relevance in clinical practice...
- [Vagal nerve stimulation treatment in patients with drug resistant epilepsy: Son Espases University Hospital experience]Pedro Roldan
Departamento de Neurocirugia, Hospital Universitario Son Espases, Palma de Mallorca, Espana
Neurocirugia (Astur) 24:204-9. 2013..To present our experience in treating drug-resistant epilepsy with vagal nerve stimulation in our centre, evaluating its impact on disease control and on different aspects related to the patients and main caretakers' quality of life...
- [Implication of radiological pattern in the prognosis of oligodendroglial tumors: correlation with genetic profile]Marta Brell
Servicio de Neurocirugia, Hospital Universitario Son Dureta, Palma de Mallorca, Espana
Rev Neurol 52:465-71. 2011....