- Barrio Castellanos R
- [Consensus on the diagnosis and management of changes in carbohydrate metabolism in cystic fibrosis]- Barrio Castellanos R
Servicios de Pediatría Hospital Ramón y Cajal
An Esp Pediatr 53:573-9. 2000..Prompt diagnosis and aggressive management of CFRD is important.A consensus conference on CFRD was held in Madrid in May 2000to define the current standards for the diagnosis and management of this disease in Spain...
- Nine novel mutations in maturity-onset diabetes of the young (MODY) candidate genes in 22 Spanish familiesR Barrio
Pediatric Diabetes Unit, Ramon y Cajal Hospital, University of Alcala, Carretera Comenar Viejo Km 9 4, 28034 Madrid, Spain
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 87:2532-9. 2002..Clinical expression of MODY3 and MODY1 mutations, the second and third groups of defects found, was more severe, including the frequent development of chronic complications...
- The majority of cases of neonatal diabetes in Spain can be explained by known genetic abnormalitiesI Rica
Endocrinology and Diabetes Research Group, Hospital de Cruces, Barakaldo, Basque Country, Spain
Diabet Med 24:707-13. 2007..Aims We screened the 6q24 region, KCNJ11, GCK, FOXP3 and IPF1 genes for mutations in families with PNDM or TNDM to establish a phenotype-genotype correlation...
- Spalt modifies EGFR-mediated induction of chordotonal precursors in the embryonic PNS of Drosophila promoting the development of oenocytesT E Rusten
European Molecular Biology Laboratory, Meyerhofstrasse, D 69117 Heidelberg, Germany
Development 128:711-22. 2001....
- Regulation, function and potential origin of the Drosophila gene spalt adjacent, which encodes a secreted protein expressed in the early embryoD Reuter
Max Planck Institut fur biophysikalische Chemie, Abteilung Molekulare Entwicklungsbiologie, Am Fassberg, D 37077 Gottingen, Germany
Chromosoma 104:445-54. 1996....
- Function of the spalt/spalt-related gene complex in positioning the veins in the Drosophila wingJ F de Celis
European Molecular Biology Laboratory, Meyerhofstrasse, 69117, Heidelberg, Germany
Mech Dev 91:31-41. 2000..We suggest that the regulation of the iroquois and knirps gene complexes by Spalt and Spalt-related translates the Decapentaplegic morphogenetic gradient into precisely spaced pattern elements...
- Identification of regulatory regions driving the expression of the Drosophila spalt complex at different developmental stagesR Barrio
European Molecular Biology Laboratory, Heidelberg, D 69117, Germany
Dev Biol 215:33-47. 1999..This regulation is complex, integrating the information from both negative and positive regulators, and it is modular, with discrete fragments of DNA directing expression to discrete regions in embryonic and larval tissues...
- Regulation of the spalt/spalt-related gene complex and its function during sensory organ development in the Drosophila thoraxJ F de Celis
Department of Genetics, University of Cambridge, Downing Street, Cambridge CB2 3EH, UK
Development 126:2653-62. 1999..We postulate that spalt and spalt-related belong to a category of transcriptional regulators that subdivide the thorax into expression domains (prepattern) required for the localised activation of proneural genes...
- A gene complex acting downstream of dpp in Drosophila wing morphogenesisJ F de Celis
Department of Genetics, University of Cambridge, UK
Nature 381:421-4. 1996....
- Identifying the special needs of children with Type 1 diabetes in the school setting. An overview of parents' perceptionsB Amillategui
Spanish Diabetes Foundation, Madrid, Spain
Diabet Med 24:1073-9. 2007....