- Eculizumab in the treatment of atypical hemolytic uremic syndrome in infantsGema Ariceta
Pediatric Nephrology, Hospital Universitario Cruces, Barakaldo Bilbao, Spain
Am J Kidney Dis 59:707-10. 2012..Treatment with eculizumab was life saving, and with continued treatment, the patient showed sustained freedom from clinical TMA complications...
- Genetic diagnosis of X-linked dominant Hypophosphatemic Rickets in a cohort study: tubular reabsorption of phosphate and 1,25(OH)2D serum levels are associated with PHEX mutation typeMarcos Morey
Fundacion Publica Galega de Medicina Xenomica, Santiago de Compostela, Spain
BMC Med Genet 12:116. 2011..The purpose of this study was to perform genetic diagnosis in a cohort of patients with clinical diagnosis of HR, to perform genotype-phenotype correlations of those patients and to compare our data with other HR cohort studies...
- Clinical practice: proteinuriaGema Ariceta
Division of Pediatric Nephrology, Hospital de Cruces, School of Medicine, University of the Basque Country, P Cruces s n 48903 Baracaldo, Vizcaya, Spain
Eur J Pediatr 170:15-20. 2011..Reversibility of organ damage in early stages is possible; therefore, pediatricians should screen children for proteinuria or microalbuminuria, mainly in high-risk groups...
- Growth in X-linked hypophosphatemic ricketsGema Ariceta
Division of Pediatric Kidney Diseases, Hospital Cruces, Vizcaya, Spain
Eur J Pediatr 166:303-9. 2007..Treatment with rhGH should be considered early, after the rickets has been controlled, in those patients with impaired growth or delayed diagnosis...
- Inherited renal tubulopathies associated with metabolic alkalosis: effects on blood pressureGema Ariceta
Division of Pediatric Nephrology, Department of Pediatrics, Hospital de Cruces and Basque University School of Medicine, Bilbao, Spain
Semin Nephrol 26:422-33. 2006....
- Methylation cycle, arginine-creatine pathway and asymmetric dimethylarginine in paediatric renal transplantFernando Andrade
Division of Metabolism, Department of Pediatrics, Hospital de Cruces, Bilbao, Basque Country, 48903, Spain
Nephrol Dial Transplant 26:328-36. 2011....
- Growth failure associated with sirolimus: case reportGloria A Rangel
Division of Pediatric Nephrology, Hospital de Cruces, Baracaldo, Vizcaya, Spain
Pediatr Nephrol 24:2047-50. 2009..SRL may have deleterious effects on growing children due its characteristic anti-proliferative and anti-angiogenic properties. Pediatric transplant recipients' linear growth should be cautiously monitored while they are being given SRL...