- [New horizons in the mechanisms of acute and chronic pancreatic damage]X Molero
Servei d Aparell Digestiu Hospital Universitari Vall d Hebron Barcelona España
Gastroenterol Hepatol 26:437-46. 2003
- Toxic effects of unionized ammonia on survival and feeding activity of the freshwater amphipod Eulimnogammarus toletanus (Gammaridae, Crustacea)A Alonso
Department of Ecology, Faculty of Sciences, University of Alcala, 28871 Alcala de Henares, Madrid, Spain
Bull Environ Contam Toxicol 72:1052-8. 2004
- GNAS1 T393C polymorphism is associated with migraineA Oterino
Service of Neurology, University Hospital Marqués de Valdecilla UC, Santander, Spain
Cephalalgia 27:429-34. 2007..20; 95% CI 1.14-4.40; P=0.019) higher than TT/TC genotypes. In conclusion, the GNAS1 T393C variant is associated with migraine, which suggests a genetic basis for its higher SNS sensitivity...
- Effects of portal versus systemic venous drainage in pancreas and kidney-pancreas transplantationA Alonso
Services of Nephrology, Hospital Juan Canalejo, A Coruna, Spain
Transplant Proc 39:2335-7. 2007..We performed a retrospective analysis to compare pancreas transplantation with systemic-enteric drainage (SE) or portal-enteric drainage (PE)...
- Renal transplantation from non-heart-beating donors: a single-center 10-year experienceA Alonso
Servicio de Nefrologia, CHU Juan Canalejo, A Coruna, Spain
Transplant Proc 37:3658-60. 2005..However, few studies, with long-term follow-up are available. We conducted a single-center study of kidneys obtained from NHBD, in a 14-year period...
- Kidney-pancreas transplants: is it so difficult to start a program?A Alonso
Service of Nephrology, Hospital Juan Canalejo, A Coruna, Spain
Transplant Proc 37:1455-6. 2005..However, it is frequently difficult to start a program for fear of serious intraabdominal complications in an immunosuppressed patient. We review our initial experience with these transplantations...
- Portal and systemic venous drainage in pancreas and kidney-pancreas transplantation: early surgical complications and outcomesJ Quintela
Service of General Surgery, Hospital Juan Canalejo, A Coruna, Spain
Transplant Proc 41:2460-2. 2009..The objective of this study was to perform a retrospective analysis of the clinical evolution and surgical complications comparing pancreas transplantation with systemic-enteric (SE) drainage versus portal-enteric (PE) drainage...
- Results of pancreas transplantation in the Juan Canalejo Medical CenterJ Aguirrezabalaga
Department of General Surgery, Juan Canalejo Medical Center, La Coruna, Spain
Transplant Proc 36:782-3. 2004
- Chronic allograft nephropathy: causes of death and mortality risk factors-a review of the last decade in SpainA Alonso
Servicio de Nefrologia, Hospital Juan Canalejo, A Coruna, Spain
Transplant Proc 36:765-7. 2004..The aim of our study was to analyze the causes, risk factors, and evolution of mortality after renal transplantation...
- [Chronic transplant nephropathy]D Hernandez
Nefrologia 26:1-38. 2006
- Pancreas islet transplantation in patients with type 1 diabetes mellitus after kidney transplantationM Gonzalez Molina
Department of Nephrology, Hospital Carlos Haya, Malaga, Spain
Transplant Proc 37:1443-5. 2005..After the first implant neither patient had any episodes of unawareness hypoglycemia. HbA1c at 4 months were 6.2% and 6.9%. There were no transplant-related complications...
- Efficacy and safety of basiliximab in pediatric renal transplantationC García-Meseguer
Section of Pediatric Nephrology, Children s Hospital La Paz, Madrid, Spain
Transplant Proc 34:102-3. 2002
- A comparison of information on motor vehicle crashes as reported by written or telephone interviewsA Alonso
Department of Preventive Medicine and Public Health, School of Medicine, University of Navarra, Pamplona, Spain
Inj Prev 12:117-20. 2006..To compare information about traffic crash injuries and kilometers driven reported in a written questionnaire with information reported in a telephone interview...
- [Treatment with low doses of intravenous iron does not modify hemoglobin nor the erythropoietin dosage]J Fernández-Gallego
Nefrologia 26:143-4. 2006
- Allele frequencies of six miniSTR loci (D10S1248, D14S1434, D22S1045, D4S2364, D2S441 and D1S1677) in a Spanish populationP Martin
Instituto Nacional de Toxicologia y Ciencias Forenses, Servicio de Biología, Luis Cabrera 9, 28002 Madrid, Spain
Forensic Sci Int 169:252-4. 2007..Additionally, these systems can be used in routine paternity analyses where more markers are needed to increase the power of exclusion or in complex paternity cases (e.g. involving closely related individuals)...
- Rheumatoid arthritis in southern Spain: toward elucidation of a unifying role of the HLA class II region in disease predispositionM Pascual
Instituto de Parasitología y López Neyra, Biomedicina, CSIC, Granada, Spain
Arthritis Rheum 44:307-14. 2001....
- Differential analysis of donor characteristics for pancreas and islet transplantationR M Briones
Human Pancreatic Islet Laboratory, Carlos Haya University Hospital and IMABIS Foundation, Malaga, Spain
Transplant Proc 38:2579-81. 2006..More specific selection criteria relative to both BMI and body weight for islet donors may result in greater success of pancreas islet isolation and transplantation...
- Tolerogenic response: allorecognition pathwaysA Caballero
Servicio de Inmunologia, Hospital Regional Universitario Carlos Haya, 29010 Malaga, Spain
Transpl Immunol 17:3-6. 2006..Nonetheless, a number of studies are only fully understood when a third proposed allorecognition mechanism is taken into account. This is the semi-indirect pathway, as discussed in this short report...
- A leishmaniosis surveillance system among stray dogs in the region of Madrid: ten years of serodiagnosis (1996-2006)G Miro
Facultad de Veterinaria, Departamento de Sanidad Animal, UCM, Madrid, Spain
Parasitol Res 101:253-7. 2007..These data are very important because stray dogs can play an important role in the epidemiology of this zoonotic disease. Furthermore, the stray population could be useful sentinels to follow the progress of the disease in endemic areas...
- Bronchiolitis due to respiratory syncytial virus in hospitalized children: a study of seasonal rhythmA Alonso
Department of Pediatrics, University Clinical Hospital and Recognized Investigation Group of Chronobiology GIR, University of Valladolid, Spain
Acta Paediatr 96:731-5. 2007..The objective of this study was to describe the rhythm of respiratory syncytial virus (RSV) bronchiolitis seasonal outbreaks in hospitalized children...
- Apolipoprotein E gene polymorphism is related to metabolic abnormalities, but does not influence erythrocyte membrane lipid composition or sodium-lithium countertransport activity in essential hypertensionP Stiefel
Unidad de Hipertensión y Lípidos del S de Medicina Interna, Seville, Spain
Metabolism 50:157-60. 2001..8 +/- 10.7 v 50.0 +/- 14.7 mg/dL, P < .05). There were no differences between groups regarding erythrocyte membrane cholesterol or phospholipids composition and sodium-lithium countertransport (SLC) activity...
- Multiple sclerosis in Gypsies from southern Spain: prevalence, mitochondrial DNA haplogroups and HLA class II associationO Fernandez
Institute of Clinical Neurosciences, Hospital Regional Universitario Carlos Haya, Malaga, Spain
Tissue Antigens 71:426-33. 2008..DQB1*0602 was the strongest positive association found with Gypsy MS patients, and DRB1*1501-DQB1*0602 was the most frequent haplotype in this group...
- 17beta-Estradiol and/or progesterone protect from insulin resistance in STZ-induced diabetic ratsP Ordonez
Department of Functional Biology, Physiology Area, University of Oviedo, C Julián Clavería s n 33006, Oviedo, Spain
J Steroid Biochem Mol Biol 111:287-94. 2008..These new findings improve our understanding of biochemical basis of insulin resistance due to hyperglycaemia and could open up new possibilities of treatment in uncontrolled type 1 DM...
- Purification and characterization of insulin-mimetic inositol phosphoglycan-like molecules from grass pea (Lathyrus sativus) seedsC Paneda
Instituto de Investigaciones Biomédicas Alberto Sols C S I C, Madrid, Spain
Mol Med 7:454-60. 2001....
- Internal assessment of a novel islet isolation facility in SpainA L Cuesta-Munoz
Endocrinology and Metabolism Department and Human Pancreatic Islet Laboratory, Carlos Haya University Hospital and IMABIS Foundation, Avda Carlos Haya s n, Pabellon A, 29010 Malaga, Spain
Transplant Proc 37:3404-6. 2005..05) but not postpurification. Purity from our islet preparations was the highest from all considered groups (P < .05). Recovery was similar in all groups...
- Seven-year review of paediatric bacteraemias diagnosed in a Spanish university hospitalA Pérez López
Servicio de Microbiologia y Parasitologia, Hospital Universitario Germans Trias i Pujol, Universidad Autonoma de Barcelona, Spain
Acta Paediatr 92:854-6. 2003..Almost half of pneumococci and meningococci were penicillin non-susceptible. Four neonatal deaths attributed to bacteraemia were recorded...
- DQB1*0602 allele shows a strong association with multiple sclerosis in patients in Malaga, SpainO Fernandez
Dept of Neurology, Hospital Regional Universitario Carlos Haya, Avda Carlos Haya s n, 29010 Malaga, Spain
J Neurol 251:440-4. 2004..The human leukocyte antigen (HLA) class II DR2 haplotype (DRB1*1501, DQA1*0102, DQB1*0602) has been associated with multiple sclerosis (MS) in all ethnic groups and very strongly in Caucasians...
- Regulation of insulin receptor substrate-1 in the liver, skeletal muscle and adipose tissue of rats throughout pregnancyC Gonzalez
Department of Functional Biology, Physiology Area, University of Oviedo, c Julian Claveria s n, 33006 Oviedo, Spain
Gynecol Endocrinol 17:187-97. 2003....
- Effects of pregnancy on insulin receptor in liver, skeletal muscle and adipose tissue of ratsC G González
Department of Functional Biology, Physiology Area, University of Oviedo, C Julian Claveria s n 33006 Oviedo
Gynecol Endocrinol 16:193-205. 2002....
- Pneumococcal bacteremia in children: an 8-year review in two hospitals in BarcelonaA Perez
Servicio de Microbiologia, Hospital Germans Trias i Pujol, Carretera del Canyet s n, Badalona, Barcelona, Spain
Eur J Clin Microbiol Infect Dis 23:677-81. 2004....
- X-linked microsatellites in two Northern Spain populationsM T Zarrabeitia
Unidad de Medicina Legal, Facultad de Medicina, Universidad de Cantabria, c Herrera Oria, s n 39011 Santander, Spain
Forensic Sci Int 145:57-9. 2004..Allele frequencies showed similar distributions, but minor variations were found for some loci...
- [General intravenous anesthesia with remifentanil and propofol for laparoscopic adrenalectomy in 2 patients with pheochromocytomas]P Cruz
Rev Esp Anestesiol Reanim 51:556-7. 2004
- Speciation of volatile aromatic and chlorinated hydrocarbons in an urban atmosphere using TCT-GC/MSO Baroja
Department of Analytical Chemistry, Faculty of Pharmacy University of the Basque Country, Vitoria Gasteiz, Spain
J Environ Sci Health A Tox Hazard Subst Environ Eng 40:343-67. 2005..Benzene was the minority BTEX pollutant, its yearly mean concentration being less than the maximum established by the European Directive 2000/69/CE (5 microg m(-3))...
- Renal transplantation in children under 2 yearsC Garcia Meseguer
Section of Paediatric Nephrology, Children Hospital La Paz, Madrid, Spain
Transplant Proc 34:350-1. 2002
- [Clinical practices of analgesia for invasive procedures in critically ill sedated patients in Ile-de-France: a phone survey]E Brocas
Service de Reanimation Polyvalente, Centre Hospitalier Sud Francilien, site Louise Michel, 91080 Evry Courcouronnes, France
Ann Fr Anesth Reanim 24:656-8. 2005..Specific pain scales are still underused. In contrast with current guidelines, analgesia for invasive procedures is not systematic but depends on subjective opinions...
- Temporal mitochondrial DNA variation in the Basque Country: influence of post-neolithic eventsA Alzualde
Euskal Herriko Unibertsitatea UPV EHU, Zientzia eta Teknologia Fakultatea Genetika, Antropologia Fisikoa eta Animali Fisiologia Saila Posta Kutxa 644, 48080 Bilbo, Spain
Ann Hum Genet 69:665-79. 2005..Consequently, we suggest that between 5,000-1,500 YBP approximately, there may have been gene flow amongst the western European populations that homogenised mtDNA lineages...
- [Amyotrophic neuralgia: review of 37 cases]A Martinez-Salio
Sección de Neuromuscular, Hospital Universitario 12 de Octubre, Madrid, Espana
Rev Neurol 27:823-6. 1998..Amyotrophic neuralgia is characterized by pain of acute or subacute onset, accompanied by weakness and occasionally by atrophy of the brachial muscles, of unknown origin. We present our experience over the past 20 years...