Affiliation: University of Cape Town
Country: South Africa
- Conscientious objection and its impact on abortion service provision in South Africa: a qualitative studyJane Harries
Women s Health Research Unit, School of Public Health and Family Medicine, Faculty of Health Sciences, University of Cape Town, Anzio Road, Observatory, 7925, Cape Town, South Africa
Reprod Health 11:16. 2014..Few studies have explored how providers in South Africa make sense of, or understand, conscientious objection in terms of refusing to provide abortion care services and the consequent impact on abortion access...
- Social constructions of gender roles, gender-based violence and HIV/AIDS in two communities of the Western Cape, South AfricaA Strebel
Social Aspects of HIV AIDS and Health Programme, Human Sciences Research Council, Cape Town, South Africa
SAHARA J 3:516-28. 2006..Developing effective HIV/AIDS interventions in these communities will require tackling the overlapping as well as divergent constructions of gender, gender violence and HIV which emerged in the study...
- Stigma and discrimination experiences of HIV-positive men who have sex with men in Cape Town, South AfricaA Cloete
Human Sciences Research Council of South Africa, Social Aspects of HIV AIDS and Health, Cape Town, South Africa
AIDS Care 20:1105-10. 2008..Mental health interventions, as well as structural changes for protection against discrimination, are needed for HIV-positive South African MSM...
- The evaluation of immediate behavioural outcomes of the syndromic case management approach for the treatment of patients with sexually transmitted infections at PHC centres in South Africa: knowledge, attitudes, beliefs and sexual behaviourL C Simbayi
Human Sciences Research Council, South Africa
SAHARA J 1:35-44. 2004..The implications of these findings for the control and prevention of both classic STIs and HIV/AIDS in South Africa are discussed...
- Disclosure of HIV status to sex partners and sexual risk behaviours among HIV-positive men and women, Cape Town, South AfricaL C Simbayi
Human Sciences Research Council, Cape Town, South Africa
Sex Transm Infect 83:29-34. 2007..The HIV epidemic continues to amplify in southern Africa and there is a growing need for HIV prevention interventions among people who have tested HIV positive...