Affiliation: University of the Witwatersrand
Country: South Africa
- Intramuscular ziprasidone: moving beyond the conventional in the treatment of acute agitation in schizophreniaShlomo Brook
Department of Psychiatry, Sterkfontein Hospital, Krugersdorp, South Africa
J Clin Psychiatry 64:13-8. 2003..IM ziprasidone represents an important advance over older, conventional IM agents in the treatment of the acutely ill patient with schizophrenia...
- Ziprasidone and haloperidol in the treatment of acute exacerbation of schizophrenia and schizoaffective disorder: comparison of intramuscular and oral formulations in a 6-week, randomized, blinded-assessment studyShlomo Brook
Department of Psychiatry, Sterkfontein Hospital, P O Box 2368, Krugersdorp, South Africa, 1740
Psychopharmacology (Berl) 178:514-23. 2005..Conventional intramuscular (IM) antipsychotics used in managing acute exacerbation of schizophrenia are associated with side effects such as acute dystonia...
- A double-blind, placebo-controlled dose-response comparison of intramuscular olanzapine and haloperidol in the treatment of acute agitation in schizophreniaAlan Breier
Lilly Research Laboratories, Eli Lilly and Company, Lilly Corporate Center, DC 1748, Indianapolis, IN 46285, USA
Arch Gen Psychiatry 59:441-8. 2002..An intramuscular (IM) formulation of olanzapine has been developed because there are no rapid-acting IM atypical antipsychotic drugs currently available in the United States for treating acute agitation in patients with schizophrenia...
- Olanzapine versus clozapine in treatment-resistant or treatment-intolerant schizophreniaIstvan Bitter
Department of Psychiatry and Psychotherapy, Semmelweis University, Budapest, Hungary
Prog Neuropsychopharmacol Biol Psychiatry 28:173-80. 2004..Olanzapine therefore presents a safe alternative in the treatment of refractory schizophrenia...
- Efficacy of ziprasidone against hostility in schizophrenia: Post hoc analysis of randomized, open-label study dataLeslie Citrome
Nathan S Kline Institute for Psychiatric Research and the New York University School of Medicine, Orangeburg, NY 10962, USA
J Clin Psychiatry 67:638-42. 2006..The objective was to determine the effects of sequential intramuscular/oral ziprasi-done on hostility...