Affiliation: North-West University
Country: South Africa
- Phronesis: Beyond the Research Ethics Committee-A Crucial Decision-Making Skill for Health Researchers During Community ResearchMinrie Greeff
Stellenbosch University, South Africa North West University, Potchefstroom, South Africa
J Empir Res Hum Res Ethics 11:170-9. 2016..Researchers should be taught this skill to handle unanticipated ethical issues. ..
- The meaning and effect of HIV/AIDS stigma for people living with AIDS and nurses involved in their care in the North West Province, South AfricaM Greeff
School of Nursing Science, Potchefstroom campus of the North West University, Private Bag X6001, Potchefstroom
Curationis 30:12-23. 2007..Recommendations for interventions, a measuring scale and the formulation of a conceptual model were formulated...
- Students' community health service delivery: experiences of involved partiesM Greeff
Africa Unit for Transdisciplinary Health Research AUTHeR, Potchefstroom Campus of the NorthWest University, Potchefstroom
Curationis 32:33-44. 2009..Recommendations focus on improved student accompaniment by lecturers; extending health care delivery to include a multi-disciplinary team approach by students; as well as improving the delivery of health care services...
- Disclosure of HIV status: experiences and perceptions of persons living with HIV/AIDS and nurses involved in their care in AfricaMinrie Greeff
School of Nursing Science, North West University, Potchefstroom Campus, Potchefstroom, South Africa
Qual Health Res 18:311-24. 2008..This article is limited to a discussion of data related to the theme of disclosure only. The sub-themes of disclosure were experiences before the disclosure, the process of disclosure, and responses during and after disclosure...
- Differences in health care seeking behaviour between rural and urban communities in South AfricaMarinka van der Hoeven
Africa Unit for Transdisciplinary Health Research and Centre of Excellence for Nutrition, Faculty of Health Sciences, North West University, Potchefstroom Campus, Private Bag X6001, Potchefstroom 2520, South Africa
Int J Equity Health 11:31. 2012..The aim of this study was to explore possible differences in health care seeking behaviour among a rural and urban African population...
- Perceived HIV stigma and life satisfaction among persons living with HIV infection in five African countries: a longitudinal studyMinrie Greeff
North West University, Potchefstroom Campus, South Africa
Int J Nurs Stud 47:475-86. 2010....
- Indigenous and traditional plants: South African parents' knowledge, perceptions and uses and their children's sensory acceptanceMarinka van der Hoeven
Africa Unit for Transdisciplinary Health Research AUTHeR Faculty of Health Sciences, North West University, Potchefstroom Campus, Private Bag 6001, Potchefstroom 2520, South Africa
J Ethnobiol Ethnomed 9:78. 2013....
- Psychosocial well-being of people living with HIV and the community before and after a HIV stigma-reduction community "hub" network interventionCatharina D Prinsloo
a Africa Unit for Transdisciplinary Health Research AUTHeR, Faculty of Health Sciences, North West University, Potchefstroom, South Africa
Afr J AIDS Res 15:261-71. 2016..Of interest is how these effects differed for PLWH and the community. It is thus recommended that future interventions should give special attention to aspects of depression and well-being. ..
- Coping with HIV-related stigma in five African countriesLucia N Makoae
National University of Lesotho, South Africa
J Assoc Nurses AIDS Care 19:137-46. 2008..Coping appears to be self-taught and only modestly helpful in managing perceived stigma...
- Validation of the HIV/AIDS Stigma Instrument - PLWA (HASI-P)William L Holzemer
University of California, San Francisco School of Nursing, CA 94143, USA
AIDS Care 19:1002-12. 2007..The scale is available is several African languages...
- Verbal and physical abuse and neglect as manifestations of HIV/AIDS stigma in five African countriesPriscilla S Dlamini
Department of General Nursing Science, Faculty of Health Sciences, University of Swaziland, Mbabane, Swaziland
Public Health Nurs 24:389-99. 2007..To explore the experience of HIV/AIDS-related stigma for people living with HIV/AIDS (PLWA) in Lesotho, Malawi, South Africa, Swaziland, and Tanzania...
- A conceptual model of HIV/AIDS stigma from five African countriesWilliam L Holzemer
University of California, San Francisco, California, USA
J Adv Nurs 58:541-51. 2007..It is part of a larger study to increase understanding of HIV/AIDS stigma...
- HIV and AIDS stigma violates human rights in five African countriesThecla W Kohi
School of Nursing, Muhimbili University, College of Health Sciences, PO Box 65004, Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
Nurs Ethics 13:404-15. 2006..The informants living with HIV and AIDS were also abused verbally and physically. Country governments and health professionals need to address these issues to ensure the human rights of all people...
- "Eating plastic," "winning the lotto," "joining the www"...descriptions of HIV/AIDS in AfricaLeana Uys
University of KwaZulu Natal School of Nursing, South Africa
J Assoc Nurses AIDS Care 16:11-21. 2005..Whereas some terms were used in more than one country, others were unique to a specific country. The descriptions show many negative labels and beliefs, but also an awareness of the devastating effects of the illness on individuals...