Affiliation: National Institute for Communicable Diseases
Country: South Africa
- Sapovirus prevalence in children less than five years of age hospitalised for diarrhoeal disease in South Africa, 2009-2013Nicola Page
National Institute for Communicable Diseases, Private Bag X4, Sandringham, 2131, South Africa School of Health Systems and Public Health, Faculty of Health Sciences, University of Pretoria, Private Bag X20, Hatfield, 0028, South Africa Department of Medical Virology, Faculty of Health Sciences, University of Pretoria, Private Bag x323, Arcadia, Pretoria, 0007, South Africa Electronic address
J Clin Virol 78:82-8. 2016..Although sapovirus (SaV) has been detected in 2.2-12.7% of gastroenteritis cases globally, there are limited data on SaV epidemiology...
- Characterization of rotavirus strains detected in Windhoek, Namibia during 1998-1999Nicola Page
National Institute for Communicable Diseases, Johannesburg, South Africa
J Infect Dis 202:S162-7. 2010..Data on the burden of rotavirus disease and circulating serotypes in Namibia are currently not available...
- Emergence and characterization of serotype G9 rotavirus strains from AfricaNicola Page
National Institute for Communicable Diseases, Sandringham, South Africa
J Infect Dis 202:S55-63. 2010..Continuous surveillance of circulating rotavirus strains in Africa is vital to prepare for future vaccine implementation on a continent that clearly needs such preventative medicines...
- Characterization of genotype G8 strains from Malawi, Kenya, and South AfricaNicola Page
Viral Gastroenteritis Unit, National Institute for Communicable Diseases, Sandringham, South Africa
J Med Virol 82:2073-81. 2010..Therefore, continuous monitoring of rotavirus strains in human and animal populations in Africa is a necessity...
- Antigenic and molecular characterization of unusual rotavirus strains in Burkina Faso in 1999A Duncan Steele
University of Limpopo, Pretoria, South Africa
J Infect Dis 202:S225-30. 2010..The predominant strain found in Burkina Faso in this small study was an unusual G2P strain that showed a short RNA electropherotype and VP6 subgroup I specificity and failed to react with a panel of G2-specific monoclonal antibodies...
- Impact of rotavirus vaccine on childhood diarrheal hospitalization after introduction into the South African public immunization programVeerle M Y Msimang
University of the Witwatersrand, Johannesburg, South Africa National Center for Immunization and Respiratory Diseases, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Atlanta, GA MRC Diarrhoeal Pathogens Research Unit, University of Limpopo Medunsa Campus, Pretoria MRC Wits Rural Public Health and Health Transitions Research Unit Agincourt, Faculty of Health Sciences, University of the Witwatersrand, Johannesburg, South Africa Umeå Centre for Global Health Research, Umea University, Umea, Sweden Indepth Network, Accra, Ghana and Department of Paediatrics, University of KwaZulu Natal, Durban, South Africa
Pediatr Infect Dis J 32:1359-64. 2013..We described the change in rotavirus-associated diarrheal hospitalizations among children <5 years at 3 sentinel sites from 2009 through 2011...
- Effectiveness of monovalent human rotavirus vaccine against admission to hospital for acute rotavirus diarrhoea in South African children: a case-control studyMichelle J Groome
Department of Science and Technology National Research Foundation Vaccine Preventable Diseases, University of the Witwatersrand, Johannesburg, South Africa Medical Research Council Respiratory and Meningeal Pathogens Research Unit, University of the Witwatersrand, Johannesburg, South Africa Electronic address
Lancet Infect Dis 14:1096-104. 2014....