Ameena E Goga
Affiliation: Medical Research Council
Country: South Africa
- Enhancing HIV Treatment Access and Outcomes Amongst HIV Infected Children and Adolescents in Resource Limited SettingsAmeena Ebrahim Goga
Health Systems Research Unit, South African Medical Research Council, Francie van Zyl Drive, Parrowvallei, Cape Town, 7505, South Africa
Matern Child Health J . 2016....
- Early cessation of breastfeeding amongst women in South Africa: an area needing urgent attention to improve child healthTanya Doherty
Medical Research Council, Francie van Zyl Drive, Parow, Cape Town, South Africa
BMC Pediatr 12:105. 2012..Early cessation of breastfeeding has been found to have negative effects on child morbidity and survival in several studies in Africa. This paper reports on determinants of early breastfeeding cessation among women in South Africa...
- Infant feeding practices at routine PMTCT sites, South Africa: results of a prospective observational study amongst HIV exposed and unexposed infants - birth to 9 monthsAmeena E Goga
Medical Research Council, Tygerberg and Pretoria, Pretoria Regional Office, 1 Soutpansberg Road, Pretoria, Private Bag X385, Pretoria 0001, South Africa
Int Breastfeed J 7:4. 2012..We sought to investigate infant feeding practices amongst HIV-positive and -negative mothers (0-9 months postpartum) and describe the association between infant feeding practices and HIV-free survival...
- An effectiveness study of an integrated, community-based package for maternal, newborn, child and HIV care in South Africa: study protocol for a randomized controlled trialMark Tomlinson
Department of Psychology, Stellenbosch University, Stellenbosch, Matieland, South Africa
Trials 12:236. 2011....
- Operational effectiveness of guidelines on complete breast-feeding cessation to reduce mother-to-child transmission of HIV: results from a prospective observational cohort study at routine prevention of mother-to-child transmission sites, South AfricaAmeena E Goga
Health Systems Research Unit, Medical Research Council, Pretoria, South Africa
J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr 50:521-8. 2009..Until 2006, HIV-positive women who chose to exclusively breast-feed were advised to completely stop breast-feeding by 6 months. We investigated operational feasibility and predictors of complete breast-feeding cessation (CBC)...
- Results of a multi-country exploratory survey of approaches and methods for IMCI case management trainingAmeena E Goga
Medical Research Council, Francie van Zijl Drive, Parowvallei, Cape Town, South Africa
Health Res Policy Syst 7:18. 2009..In 2006-2007, approximately ten years after IMCI implementation, we conducted a multi-country exploratory questionnaire survey to document country experiences with ICMT, and to determine the acceptability of shortening duration of ICMT...
- Global challenges with scale-up of the integrated management of childhood illness strategy: results of a multi-country surveyAmeena E Goga
Health Systems Research Unit, Medical Research Council, Pretoria, 0001 Pretoria, South Africa
BMC Public Health 11:503. 2011..Follow-up after ICMT is an essential part of training. We describe the barriers to rapid acceleration of ICMT and review country perspectives on how to address these barriers...
- Population-level effectiveness of PMTCT Option A on early mother-to-child (MTCT) transmission of HIV in South Africa: implications for eliminating MTCTAmeena E Goga
Health Systems Research Unit, South African Medical Research Council, Cape Town, South Africa Department of Paediatrics, University of Pretoria, Pretoria, South Africa
J Glob Health 6:020405. 2016..5% in 2010...
- An update on HIV and infant feeding issues in developed and developing countriesDebra J Jackson
School of Public Health at the University of the Western Cape, Cape Town, South Africa
J Obstet Gynecol Neonatal Nurs 38:219-29. 2009..Current World Health Organization recommendations require individualized counseling to determine the best feeding method for each woman...
- Missed opportunities for early infant HIV diagnosis: results of a national study in South AfricaSelamawit A Woldesenbet
Health Systems Research Unit, Medical Research Council, South African Medical Research Council, Parrowvallei, Cape Town, South Africa School of Public Health, University of the Western Cape, Bellville, South Africa UNICEF, New York, NY, USA Department of Paediatrics and Child Health, Kalafong Hospital, University of Pretoria, Pretoria, South Africa ELMA Philanthropies, New York, NY, USA School of Public Health, University of the Witwatersrand, Johannesburg, South Africa Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Pretoria, South Africa Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Center for Global Health, Division of Global HIV AIDS, Atlanta, GA, USA Centre for HIV and STI, National Institute for Communicable Diseases, Johannesburg, South Africa and Department of Paediatrics and Child Health, Faculty of Health Sciences, University of Witwatersrand, Johannesburg, South Africa
J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr 68:e26-32. 2015..Despite high 6-week immunization attendance, the coverage of early infant diagnosis (EID) is low in many sub-Saharan countries. We explored reasons for such missed opportunities at 6-week immunization visits...
- First population-level effectiveness evaluation of a national programme to prevent HIV transmission from mother to child, South AfricaAmeena E Goga
Health Systems Research Unit, Medical Research Council, Cape Town, South Africa Department of Paediatrics and Child Health, Kalafong Hospital, University of Pretoria, Hatfield, Pretoria, South Africa
J Epidemiol Community Health 69:240-8. 2015..We assessed national PMTCT impact in South Africa (SA), 2010...