C L Ward
Affiliation: Human Sciences Research Council
Country: South Africa
- Critical incident exposure in South African emergency services personnel: prevalence and associated mental health issuesC L Ward
Department of Psychiatry and Mental Health, University of Cape Town, and Child, Youth and Family Development, Human Sciences Research Council, Cape Town, South Africa
Emerg Med J 23:226-31. 2006..To assess critical incident exposure among prehospital emergency services personnel in the developing world context of South Africa; and to assess associated mental health consequences...
- A pilot study of an intervention to prevent negative mental health consequences of forensic mortuary workCatherine L Ward
University of Cape Town and Human Sciences Research Council, South Africa
J Trauma Stress 19:159-63. 2006..Qualitative data suggests that opinion leaders had increased self-awareness, improved ability to tolerate unchangeable stressors, and increased belief in their ability to make changes...
- Prevalence and correlates of substance use among South African primary care clinic patientsCatherine L Ward
Department of Psychiatry and Mental Health, University of Cape Town, Cape Town, South Africa
Subst Use Misuse 43:1395-410. 2008..Because prevalence of substance use is high in this population, routine screening should be introduced in primary care clinics...
- Exposure to violence and its relationship to psychopathology in adolescentsC L Ward
Department of Psychiatry and Mental Health, University of Cape Town, South Africa
Inj Prev 7:297-301. 2001..This study aimed to establish prevalence of adolescents' exposure to violence and related symptoms in the South African context and to explore relationships between exposure and symptoms...
- Injury-related behaviour among South African high-school students at six sitesAlan J Flisher
Department of Psychiatry and Mental Health and Adolescent Health Research Institute, University of Cape Town, South Africa
S Afr Med J 96:825-30. 2006..To document and compare prevalence rates of adolescent injury-related risk behaviours at six sites in South Africa...