- ERMANCIA: Epidemiology of Stroke in Martinique, French West Indies: Part I: methodology, incidence, and 30-day case fatality rate
Department of Neurology, University of Fort de France, Fort de France, Martinique, French West Indies
Stroke 32:2741-7. 2001
..The ERMANCIA (Etude Réalisée en Martinique et Centrée sur l'Incidence de Accidents vasculaires cérébraux) study was designed to provide the first comparable epidemiological data on stroke in a black Caribbean population...
- Role of return migration in the emergence of multiple sclerosis in the French West Indies
Department of Neurology, CHU Fort de France, Martinique, French West Indies, France
Brain 128:2899-910. 2005
- Different HLA class II (DRB1 and DQB1) alleles determine either susceptibility or resistance to NMO and multiple sclerosis among the French Afro-Caribbean population
Centre de Référence Caribéen des Maladies Rares Neurologiques et Neuro Musculaires, CHU de Fort de France, Fort de France, Martinique
Mult Scler 17:24-31. 2011
..Despite similarities, neuromyelitis optica (NMO) can be distinguished from multiple sclerosis (MS) by clinical, radiological and serological findings...
- Acute stroke in the very elderly: epidemiological features, stroke subtypes, management, and outcome in Martinique, French West Indies
Department of Neurology, Pierre Zobda Quitman Hospital, BP 632, Fort de France 97261, Martinique, French West Indies
Stroke 34:1593-7. 2003
..With increasing life expectancy, old people will constitute the majority of stroke victims. We present the first stroke study focusing on very old patients in a black Caribbean population (Martinique, French West Indies)...
- Relapsing neuromyelitis optica: long term history and clinical predictors of death
Department of Neurology, Pierre Zobda Quitman Hospital, Fort de France, Martinique, French West Indies
J Neurol Neurosurg Psychiatry 80:1162-4. 2009
..Long term history in a wide series of RNMO is required for better knowledge of the course of the disease and identification of patients at high risk of death...
- [Descriptive epidemiology of neuromyelitis optica in the Caribbean basin]
CHRU Pierre Zobda Quitman, Fort de France, Martinique
Rev Neurol (Paris) 165:676-83. 2009
..The Caribbean basin is a suitable area for collecting a large NMO cohort and to assess the prevalence, incidence, and mortality of this disorder...
- Evaluation of the 2005 McDonald MRI criteria for dissemination in space in Afro-Caribbean patients with clinically isolated syndromes
Department of Neurology, University Hospital of Fort de France, Martinique, France
Eur J Neurol 16:1191-6. 2009
..In 2005, the McDonald MRI criteria for dissemination in space were revised to improve diagnosis of multiple sclerosis (MS) in non-Caucasians...
- Plasma exchange in severe spinal attacks associated with neuromyelitis optica spectrum disorder
Service de Neurologie, Hôpital Zobda Quitman, 97261 Fort de France, Martinique, French West Indies
Mult Scler 15:487-92. 2009
..Spinal attacks in relapsing neuromyelitis optica (NMO) and in extensive transverse myelitis (ETM) - a truncated form of NMO with spinal involvement - are usually devastating...
- Visual phenotype of multiple sclerosis in the Afro-Caribbean population and the influence of migration to metropolitan France
Department of Ophthalmology, University Hospital of Fort de France, Hopital Pierre Zobda Quitman, Fort de France, Martinique, France French West Indies
Eur J Ophthalmol 15:392-9. 2005
..To describe the visual phenotype of multiple sclerosis (MS) in the Afro-Caribbean population living in Martinique (French West Indies) and to specify the influence of the migration to metropolitan France on ocular impairment...
- [Reversibility of vertebrobasilar stenoses following treatment with corticosteroid therapy in patients with giant cell arteritis]
Service de Neurologie, CHU de Fort de France, 97200 La Meynard, Fort de France, Martinique
Rev Neurol (Paris) 166:940-3. 2010
..We report the case of a patient with giant cell arteritis who experienced recurrent cerebellar stroke caused by intracranial vertebrobasilar stenoses with a favorable outcome following treatment...
- [Sensory ataxic neuromyelopathy in acquired copper deficiency]
Centre de référence des maladies rares neurologiques et neuromusculaires, CHU de Fort de France, La Meynard, Fort de France, Martinique, France
Rev Neurol (Paris) 166:734-6. 2010
..Neurological involvement associated with copper deficiency has been reported recently in humans and may be under-recognized...
- Thrombotic stroke following snake bites by the "Fer-de-Lance"Bothrops lanceolatus in Martinique despite antivenom treatment: a report of three recent cases
Service des Urgencies, Centre Hospitalier Universitaire, Hopital Pierre Zobda Quitman, F 97200, Fort de France, Martinique
Toxicon 48:23-8. 2006
..Against this background, we report 3 recent cases of patients bitten by B. lanceolatus who developed cerebral infarctions despite early administration of antivenom...