Affiliation: University Medical Centre
- Gender-related differences in patients with ST-elevation myocardial infarctionAndreja Sinkovic
Department of Medical Intensive Care, University Clinical Centre Maribor, Ljubljanska 5, SI 2000, Maribor, Slovenia
Wien Klin Wochenschr 127:263-9. 2015..The progress in treatment led to increased survival after STEMI. Our aim was to evaluate the possible current differences between the genders in treatments, mortality and the changes in women over time in STEMI population...
- Rosemary extracts improve flow-mediated dilatation of the brachial artery and plasma PAI-1 activity in healthy young volunteersAndreja Sinkovic
Department of Medical Research, University Medical Centre Maribor, Maribor, Slovenia
Phytother Res 25:402-7. 2011..25 ± 1.46 U/mL vs 3.0 ± 0.61 U/mL, p = 0.012) after 21-day RE supplementation. It is concluded that oral RE supplementation has the potential to improve serum PAI-1 activity and ED in young and healthy individuals...
- Age-related short-term effect of ramipril on N-terminal pro-brain natriuretic peptide and markers of hemostasis in patients after acute myocardial infarctionAndreja Sinkovic
Department of Medical Intensive Care, University Medical Center Maribor, Maribor, Slovenia
Wien Klin Wochenschr 122:74-8. 2010....
- Severe acute copper sulphate poisoning: a case reportAndreja Sinkovic
Maribor Teaching Hospital, Maribor, Slovenia
Arh Hig Rada Toksikol 59:31-5. 2008..In addition, antidotes such as methylene blue for methaemoglobinaemia and chelating agent such as DMPS improve morbidity and survival of severely poisoned victims...
- [Acute pancreatitis following azathioprine therapy of crohn's disease--a case report and the overview of the literature]Andreja Sinkovic
Department of Intensive Medicine, Maribor University Hospital, Maribor, Slovenia
Acta Med Croatica 62:81-4. 2008....
- Women and men with unstable angina and/or non-ST-elevation myocardial infarctionAndreja Sinkovic
Department of Medical Intensive Care, General Hospital Maribor, Ljubljanska ulica 5, 2000 Maribor, Slovenia
Wien Klin Wochenschr 118:52-7. 2006....
- Severe carbon monoxide poisoning treated by hyperbaric oxygen therapy--a case reportA Sinkovic
Department of Medical Intensive Care, General Hospital Maribor, Maribor, Slovenia
Inhal Toxicol 18:211-4. 2006..We conclude that in severe CO poisoning, normobaric oxygen therapy and resuscitation by fluids, inotropic agents, and catecholamines is essential for survival, but additional HBO therapy seems to prevent major neurological sequelae...
- Risk stratification in patients with unstable angina and/or non-ST-elevation myocardial infarction by Troponin T and plasminogen-activator-inhibitor-1 (PAI-1)Andreja Sinkovic
Department for Medical Intensive Care, Teaching Hospital Maribor, Ljubljanska 5, 2000, Maribor, Slovenia
Thromb Res 114:251-7. 2004..In order to stratify the risk for 30-day combined endpoint of mortality and/or reinfarction in unstable angina and/or non-ST-elevation myocardial infarction (UA/NSTEMI), TnT and PAI-1 levels were simultaneously assessed...
- Plasminogen activator inhibitor-1 in patients with atrial arrhythmias during acute myocardial infarction, treated with streptokinaseA Sinkovic
Department for Internal Intensive Medicine, General Hospital Maribor, Slovenia
Blood Coagul Fibrinolysis 13:741-7. 2002..15-10.6). We conclude that AA were a significant risk for in-hospital mortality of AMI patients, treated with streptokinase. A pre-treatment PAI-1 level > 7 U/ml was the most significant pre-treatment risk for AA in these patients...
- A randomized trial comparing the effect of ramipril and losartan in survivors of ST-elevation myocardial infarctionM Marinsek
Department of Medical Intensive Care, University Clinical Centre Maribor, Maribor, Slovenia
J Int Med Res 37:1577-87. 2009..0 mmol/l) was observed after treatment compared with baseline. Thus, after an acute MI, losartan seems equal to ramipril in terms of the NT-proBNP levels, echocardiographic parameters, PAI-1 activity and lipid profiles that were achieved...
- Inflammation markers in patients with coronary artery disease--comparison of intracoronary and systemic levelsSimona Kirbis
Department of Intensive Care Unit, University Clinical Center Maribor, Maribor, Slovenia
Wien Klin Wochenschr 122:31-4. 2010..We investigated this issue by directly comparing levels of inflammation markers in coronary and systemic blood...