- Determination of N-acylhomoserine lactones of Pseudomonas aeruginosa in clinical samples from dogs with otitis externa
Veterinary Faculty, University of Ljubljana, Gerbiceva 60, SI 1115, Ljubljana, Slovenia
BMC Vet Res 12:233. 2016
..With the validated procedure, AHLs were analyzed in the samples taken in weekly intervals from two dogs, receiving a standard treatment for P. aeruginosa-associated otitis externa...
- Report on overcoming the poor quality of Apai pulsotypes with a short review on PFGE for listeria monocytogenes
Institute of Microbiology and Parasitology, Veterinary Faculty, University of Ljubljana, Ljubljana, Slovenia
Pol J Microbiol 62:307-9. 2013
..The obtained pulsotypes showed that restriction digestion with ApaI from New England BioLabs should be complemented with a subsequent overnight incubation of PFGE plugs in TE buffer for better performance...
- Optimization of the DGGE band identification method
Biotechnical Faculty, Animal Science Department, Chair for Microbiology and Microbial Biotechnology, University of Ljubljana, Groblje 3, 1230, Domzale, Slovenia
Folia Microbiol (Praha) 57:301-6. 2012
..An optimized procedure following band excision and elution of microbial DNA is proposed including nuclease treatment, selection of DNA polymerase with proofreading activity, and cloning prior to sequencing and identification analysis...
- Campylobacter jejuni contamination of broiler carcasses: Population dynamics and genetic profiles at slaughterhouse level
Veterinary Faculty, Institute of Microbiology and Parasitology, Gerbiceva 60, 1000 Ljubljana, Slovenia Electronic address
Food Microbiol 50:97-101. 2015
..g. eviscerating machine). Nevertheless, this was not confirmed in carcasses: analyses of neck-skin isolates suggest that carcasses are contaminated by their own caecal/farm/flock pulsotype. ..
- Mycobacterium spp. in wild game in Slovenia
Veterinary Faculty, University of Ljubljana, Gerbiceva 60, SI 1115 Ljubljana, Slovenia Electronic address
Vet J 208:93-5. 2016
..avium subsp. hominissuis, M. intracellulare, M. confluentis, M. fortuitum, M. terrae, M. avium subsp. avium, M. celatum, M. engbaekii, M. neoaurum, M. nonchromogenicum and M. vaccae. ..
- The First Report of Mycobacterium celatum Isolation from Domestic Pig (Sus scrofa domestica) and Roe Deer (Capreolus capreolus) and an Overview of Human Infections in Slovenia
Veterinary Faculty, University of Ljubljana, Gerbiceva 60, 1115 Ljubljana, Slovenia
Vet Med Int 2011:432954. 2011
..A nation-wide overview of human M. celatum infections recorded in Slovenia between 2000 and 2010 is also given. Pulmonary disease due to M. celatum was recognized in one patient with a history of a preexisting lung disease...
- Molecular profiling and identification of methanogenic archaeal species from rabbit caecum
Animal Science Department, Biotechnical Faculty, University of Ljubljana, Chair for Microbiology and Microbial Biotechnology, Domzale, Slovenia
FEMS Microbiol Ecol 74:623-30. 2010