Affiliation: Slovak Academy of Sciences
- ANTIDotE: anti-tick vaccines to prevent tick-borne diseases in EuropeHein Sprong
The National Institute of Public Health and the Environment RIVM, Bilthoven, The Netherlands
Parasit Vectors 7:77. 2014....
- Seroepidemiological study reveals regional co-occurrence of Lassa- and Hantavirus antibodies in Upper Guinea, West AfricaBoris Klempa
Institute of Medical Virology, Charite School of Medicine, Helmut Ruska Haus, Berlin, Germany
Trop Med Int Health 18:366-71. 2013..To assess the public health relevance of Lassa arenavirus and hantavirus infections in a subpopulation of recently febrile patients...
- Complex evolution and epidemiology of Dobrava-Belgrade hantavirus: definition of genotypes and their characteristicsBoris Klempa
Institute of Virology, Helmut Ruska Haus, Charite Medical School, Berlin, Germany
Arch Virol 158:521-9. 2013....
- Hantaviruses and climate changeB Klempa
Institute of Virology, Slovak Academy of Sciences, Bratislava, Slovakia
Clin Microbiol Infect 15:518-23. 2009..Nevertheless, hantaviruses will undoubtedly remain a significant public health threat for several decades to come...
- Hantavirus disease in Germany due to infection with Dobrava-Belgrade virus genotype KurkinoJ Hofmann
Institute of Medical Virology, Helmut Ruska Haus, Charite Medical School, Berlin, Germany Division of Virology, Labor Berlin Charité Vivantes GmbH, Berlin, Germany
Clin Microbiol Infect 20:O648-55. 2014..In contrast to moderate/severe HFRS caused by the DOBV genotypes Dobrava or Sochi, all available data showed a mild clinical course of HFRS caused by DOBV-Kurkino infection without lethal outcomes...
- The broad spectrum of hantaviruses and their hosts in Central EuropeB Klempa
Institute of Virology, Slovak Academy of Sciences, Dubravska cesta 9, 845 05 Bratislava, Slovak
Acta Virol 57:130-7. 2013..In this review, we summarize current data on molecular detection of hantaviruses in reservoir hosts as well as on molecular epidemiology of human hantavirus infections in Central Europe...