- Psychosis, affective disorders and anxiety in autistic spectrum disorder: prevalence and nosological considerations
Department of Child Psychiatry, St James s Hospital, Dublin, Ireland
Psychopathology 43:8-16. 2010
- Adolescent pathological gambling in Kaunas, Lithuania
Kaunas University of Medicine, Department of Psychiatry, Lithuania
Nord J Psychiatry 61:86-91. 2007
- Complementary medicine for children and young people who have attention deficit hyperactivity disorder
Department of Psychiatry, Trinity College, Ireland
Curr Opin Psychiatry 24:291-300. 2011
..This article reviews the latest scientific evidence of the effectiveness and safety of these treatments in ADHD...
- Neuroimaging markers for the prediction of treatment response to Methylphenidate in ADHD
Department of Psychiatry, Trinity College Dublin, Ireland Department of Psychiatry and Developmental Psychology, University of Nagoya, Japan Department of Psychiatry, Children s University Hospital, Dublin, Ireland Electronic address
Eur J Paediatr Neurol 17:543-51. 2013
..Methylphenidate is one the most commonly used medication to treat ADHD, however up to 30% of patients do not respond to it...
- Mental health aspects of autistic spectrum disorders in children
Department of Psychiatry, Trinity College Dublin, Dublin, Ireland
J Intellect Disabil Res 56:248-57. 2012
..Previous studies have reported variable and at times opposite findings on comorbid psychiatric problems in children with autistic spectrum disorders (ASD)...
- Implementation of problem-based learning in child and adolescent psychiatry: shared experiences of a special-interest study group
Department of Psychiatry, Trinity College Dublin, Ireland
Acad Psychiatry 35:249-51. 2011
- An assessment of the psychometric properties of Lithuanian versions of DSM-IV-MR-J and SOGS-RA
Department of Psychiatry, Kaunas University of Medicine, Kaunas, Lithuania
J Gambl Stud 25:263-71. 2009
..Since no Lithuanian instrument focuses specifically on the measurement of pathological gambling in adolescence, we aimed to adapt commonly used international instruments (SOGS-RA, DSM-IV-MR-J) and assess their psychometric properties...
- Childhood-Diagnosed ADHD, Symptom Progression, and Reversal Learning in Adulthood
Trinity College Dublin, Ireland
J Atten Disord . 2016
..The objective of this study was to characterize the neurofunctional basis of decision making in those with a childhood diagnosis of ADHD with either persistent or remitted symptoms in adulthood versus healthy control participants...
- Impaired reward processing in the human prefrontal cortex distinguishes between persistent and remittent attention deficit hyperactivity disorder
Department of Psychiatry, School of Medicine, Trinity College, The University of Dublin, Dublin 2, Ireland
Hum Brain Mapp 36:4648-63. 2015
..Thus, fMRI helps understanding the neuro-functional basis of ADHD related behavior differences and differentiates between persistent and remittent ADHD...
- BDNF Val66Met genotype interacts with childhood adversity and influences the formation of hippocampal subfields
Department of Psychiatry and Institute of Neuroscience, University of Dublin, Trinity College Dublin, Dublin, Ireland Centre of Advanced Medical Imaging, St James s Hospital and Trinity College Dublin, Dublin, Ireland Department of Psychiatry and Psychotherapy, University of Regensburg, Regensburg, Germany
Hum Brain Mapp 35:5776-83. 2014
..Our results highlight stress by gene interactions as relevant for hippocampal volume reductions, in particular for the subfield CA2/3 and dentate gyrus...
- Attention network hypoconnectivity with default and affective network hyperconnectivity in adults diagnosed with attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder in childhood
Neuroimaging Group, Department of Psychiatry, Trinity College Dublin, Dublin, Ireland2Trinity College Institute of Neuroscience, Trinity College Dublin, Dublin, Ireland
JAMA Psychiatry 70:1329-37. 2013
..The correlation patterns in spontaneous neural fluctuations at rest are known as resting-state functional connectivity (RSFC) and could characterize ADHD-specific connectivity changes...
- Effect of childhood maltreatment on brain structure in adult patients with major depressive disorder and healthy participants
Department of Psychiatry, Institute of Neuroscience, Adelaide and Meath Hospital incorporating the National Children s Hospital AMNCH, Dublin 24, University Dublin, Trinity College, Dublin, Dublin, Ireland
J Psychiatry Neurosci 39:50-9. 2014
..The aim of this study was to investigate whether patients with MDD and a history of childhood maltreatment display more structural changes than patients without childhood maltreatment or healthy controls...
- [Psychiatric comorbidity in pathological gambling]
Department of Psychiatry, Kaunas University of Medicine, Eiveniu 2, 3000 Kaunas, Lithuania
Medicina (Kaunas) 39:838-44. 2003
..The mechanism of psychiatric comorbidity in pathological gambling is very complex...
- Mental health problems in children with prader-willi syndrome
Trinity College Dublin, Department of Psychiatry, Dublin, Ireland
J Can Acad Child Adolesc Psychiatry 21:194-203. 2012
..Prader-Willi Syndrome (PWS) is a genetically determined neurodevelopmental disorder, which occurs in approximately one in 22000 births...
- Transient auditory hallucinations in an adolescent
St James s Hospital, Dublin, Ireland
J Psychiatr Pract 16:187-92. 2010
..Over a 10-week period, there was a gradual diminution, followed by a complete resolution, of symptoms. We discuss issues regarding the diagnosis and prognosis of auditory hallucinations in adolescents...