Jeff Skinner is a biostatistician and bioinformatics specialist with expertise in statistics, microarray analysis and other fields
- Black race as a predictor of poor health outcomes among a national cohort of HIV/AIDS patients admitted to US hospitals: a cohort studyChristine U Oramasionwu
College of Pharmacy, The University of Texas, Austin, TX, USA
BMC Infect Dis 9:127. 2009..To investigate the impact of these factors, we compared hospital mortality and length of stay (LOS) between Blacks and Whites with HIV/AIDS while adjusting for differences in these key characteristics...
- A study of the use of impulse oscillometry in the evaluation of children with asthma: analysis of lung parameters, order effect, and utility compared with spirometryHirsh D Komarow
Laboratory of Allergic Diseases, National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland 20892 1960, USA
Pediatr Pulmonol 47:18-26. 2012....
- Differences in national antiretroviral prescribing patterns between black and white patients with HIV/AIDS, 1996-2006Christine U Oramasionwu
College of Pharmacy, University of Texas at Austin, TX, USA
South Med J 104:794-800. 2011..This project therefore sought to determine whether the reason for this discrepancy in health outcomes could be attributed to disparities in use of antiretroviral therapy between black and white patients with HIV...
- Construct and Compare Gene Coexpression Networks with DAPfinder and DAPviewJeff Skinner
Bioinformatics and Computational Biosciences Branch BCBB, Office of Cyber Infrastructure and Computational Biology OCICB, National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Disease NIAID, National Institutes if Health NIH, Bethesda, Maryland, USA
BMC Bioinformatics 12:286. 2011..DAPfinder and DAPview are novel BRB-ArrayTools plug-ins to construct gene coexpression networks and identify significant differences in pairwise gene-gene coexpression between two phenotypes...
- Markers of endothelial dysfunction, coagulation and tissue fibrosis independently predict venous thromboembolism in HIVLaura W Musselwhite
National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, USA
AIDS 25:787-95. 2011..We investigated the relationship between venous thrombosis and HIV-related characteristics, traditional risk factors of hypercoagulability, and pre-event levels of biomarkers...
- Elicitation of structure-specific antibodies by epitope scaffoldsGilad Ofek
Vaccine Research Center, National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 107:17880-7. 2010..Epitope scaffolds thus provide a means to elicit antibodies that recognize a predetermined target shape and sequence, even if that shape is transient in nature, and a means by which to dissect factors influencing such elicitation...
- Local conformational stability of HIV-1 gp120 in unliganded and CD4-bound states as defined by amide hydrogen/deuterium exchangeLeopold Kong
Vaccine Research Center, National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD 20892 3027, USA
J Virol 84:10311-21. 2010..The results provide a framework for understanding how local conformational stability influences entropic change, conformational diversity, and structural rearrangements in the gp120-CD4 binding reaction...
- Relationship between antibody 2F5 neutralization of HIV-1 and hydrophobicity of its heavy chain third complementarity-determining regionGilad Ofek
Vaccine Research Center, NIAID, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland 20892, USA
J Virol 84:2955-62. 2010..Together, the results provide a more complete understanding of the 2F5 mechanism of HIV-1 neutralization and indicate ways to enhance the potency of MPER-directed antibodies...
- Disparities in antiretroviral prescribing for blacks and whites in the United StatesChristine U Oramasionwu
The University of Texas at Austin College of Pharmacy, Austin, Texas, USA
J Natl Med Assoc 101:1140-4. 2009..We therefore investigated whether this discrepancy in health outcomes is attributable to disparities in the receipt of appropriate HAART between black and white human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) patients...
- Evaluation of reference genes for real-time quantitative PCR studies in Candida glabrata following azole treatmentQingdi Quentin Li
Clinical Mycology Section, Laboratory of Clinical Infectious Diseases, National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
BMC Mol Biol 13:22. 2012..The present study aimed to identify reference genes as internal controls for gene expression studies by RT-qPCR in azole-stimulated Candida glabrata...