- The effects of acute infection on hematological parameters
Pediatric Hematology Department, Fatih University, Ankara, Turkey
Pediatr Hematol Oncol 21:513-20. 2004
..Then they gradually increased, finally reaching at their normal levels on the 15th day. There was no significant difference between the sTfR and sTfR/log ferritin values of the study and control groups...
- Neutrophil hypersegmentation in children with iron deficiency anemia
Dr Sami Ulus Children s Hospital, Ankara, Turkey
Pediatr Hematol Oncol 19:235-8. 2002
..NH was found in 76/94 (81%) in the study group and 2/23 (9%) of the control group. The difference was statistically significant (p < .01)...
- Acute iron ingestion
Dr Sami Ulus Children s Hospital, Department of Pediatrics, Turkey
Indian J Pediatr 69:947-9. 2002
..Intoxication is one of the most common causes of admissions to emergency department in pediatric age group. Incidence of iron poisoning gradually increased because of wide spread use of iron containing drugs...
- Protein Z G79A polymorphism in patients with severe sepsis
Department of Pediatric Hematology, Ufuk University, Faculty of Medicine, Ankara, Turkey
Clin Appl Thromb Hemost 16:334-6. 2010
..They concluded that the frequency of intron F G79A polymorphism of protein Z gene was higher in patients than controls, and carrying 79 AA genotype could be a risk factor for severe sepsis and septic shock...
- Diffuse cerebral infarct associated with factor V Leiden and prothrombin 20210A mutations in a patient with tetralogy of Fallot
Department of Pediatric Hematology, Suleyman Demirel University, Faculty of Medicine, Isparta, Turkey
Clin Appl Thromb Hemost 15:705-7. 2009
..Heterozygosity for factor V Leiden and prothrombin 20210A mutations were detected. The authors suggest that if thrombosis develops in patients with congenital heart disease, genetic risk factors should be evaluated...
- Congenital thrombotic risk factors in beta-thalassemia
Department of Pediatric Hematology, Suleyman Demirel University Faculty of Medicine, Isparta, Turkey
Clin Appl Thromb Hemost 15:581-4. 2009
..Although 5 of the patients had high soluble EPCR (sEPCR) levels, no significant change was found in sEPCR values between patients and controls...
- Posttraumatic intracerebral venous thrombosis: an infant who has fallen off a hammock
Department of Pediatrics and Hematology, Fatih University, Faculty of Medicine, Ankara, Turkey
J Pediatr Hematol Oncol 26:754-5. 2004
..Falling off a hammock was the only risk factor for this patient. Thus, when cerebral thrombosis develops in childhood, trauma should be considered regardless of whether such information is provided by the family...
- Effect of various genetic polymorphisms on the incidence and outcome of severe sepsis
Department of Pediatric Hematology, Fatih University, Faculty of Medicine, Ankara, Turkey
Clin Appl Thromb Hemost 12:47-54. 2006
..TNF-alpha 308 G/A, PAI-1 4G/4G, and EPCR mutations influence the risk of severe sepsis in children. IL-6 174 G/C, FVL, and Cathepsin G (Ars 125 Ser) did not influence the incidence and mortality of severe sepsis...
- TNF-alpha -308G/A and IL-6 -174 G/C polymorphisms in the Turkish pediatric stroke patients
Zeynep Ceren Karahan
Ankara University School of Medicine Division of Pediatric Molecular Pathology and Genetics, Cebeci, 06100, Ankara, Turkey
Thromb Res 115:393-8. 2005
..The aim of this study was to investigate the association of these polymorphisms with the occurrence of stroke in the Turkish pediatric stroke patients...
- Effect of twice weekly versus daily iron treatment in Turkish children with iron deficiency anemia
Dr Sami Ulus Children s Hospital, Ankara, Turkey
Pediatr Hematol Oncol 20:319-26. 2003
..In fact, the intermittent treatment method has been found to be superior in many parameters...
- Diagnosing iron deficiency in cyanotic heart disease
Cemile Banu Onur
Dr Sami Ulus Children Hospital, Ankara, Turkey
Indian J Pediatr 70:29-31. 2003
..To determine the incidence of iron deficiency in children with CCHD by noninvasive, inexpensive and easy laboratory methods...
- Visceral leishmaniasis and pseudomonas septicemia associated with hemophagocytic syndrome and myelodysplasia in a Turkish child
Dr Sami Ulus Children s Disease Center, Ankara, Turkey
Turk J Pediatr 47:191-4. 2005
..Post-mortem examination of liver biopsy revealed diffuse hemaphagocytic lymphohistiocytosis and Leishmania-donovani bodies in macrophages...
- Splenic angiomatoid nodular transformation in a child with increased erythrocyte sedimentation rate
Department of Pediatrics, Suleyman Demirel University Faculty of Medicine, Isparta, Turkey
Pediatr Hematol Oncol 26:533-7. 2009
..The disease rarely affects children but it could cause growth retardation and increased sedimentation rate, mimicking the chronic inflammatory diseases...
- Human parvovirus B19 associated with idiopathic thrombocytopenic purpura
Pediatr Hematol Oncol 22:345-6; author reply 347-8. 2005
- Visceral leishmaniasis accompanied by subacute Epstein-Barr virus infection in a Turkish adolescent girl
Ann Trop Paediatr 24:191-2. 2004