Stephen I Hong Hsu
Affiliation: National University of Singapore
- Somatisation among Asian refugees and immigrants as a culturally-shaped illness behaviourS I Hsu
Medical Services, Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, USA
Ann Acad Med Singapore 28:841-5. 1999....
- Evidence for genetic factors in the development and progression of IgA nephropathyS I Hsu
Departments of Medicine and Pediatrics, Faculty of Medicine, National University of Singapore
Kidney Int 57:1818-35. 2000..The task of elucidating the molecular basis of IgAN is made especially challenging by the fact that both environmental and genetic components likely contribute to the development and progression of IgAN...
- Biopsy-proved acute tubulointerstitial nephritis and toxic epidermal necrolysis associated with vancomycinS I Hsu
Department of Medicine, Massachusetts General Hospital and Harvard Medical School, Boston, USA
Pharmacotherapy 21:1233-9. 2001..When a renally excreted drug such as vancomycin is administered, serum drug levels should be serially monitored and high-dosage steroids be maintained or tapered slowly until serum drug levels become undetectable...
- The molecular pathogenesis and experimental therapy of IgA nephropathy: recent advances and future directionsS I Hsu
Department of Medicine, Faculty of Medicine, National University of Singapore
Curr Mol Med 1:183-96. 2001....
- Chronic progression of tubulointerstitial damage in proteinuric renal disease is mediated by complement activation: a therapeutic role for complement inhibitors?Stephen I Hong Hsu
Institute of Prevention and Research, National Kidney Foundation of Singapore
J Am Soc Nephrol 14:S186-91. 2003..This paradigm has important implications for the potential therapeutic role of complement inhibitors that are currently being developed...
- Risk factors for proteinuria in a large, multiracial, southeast Asian populationSylvia Paz B Ramirez
Center for Prevention and Research, National Kidney Foundation Singapore, 81 Kim Keat Road, Singapore 328836
J Am Soc Nephrol 13:1907-17. 2002..The epidemiologic study of renal disease in this population suggests that risk factors for renal disease might differ significantly among racial groups...
- Coupled induction of iNOS and p53 upregulation in renal resident cells may be linked with apoptotic activity in the pathogenesis of progressive IgA nephropathyLian Qun Qiu
Department of Pathology, Faculty of Medicine, National University Hospital, 5 Lower Kent Ridge Road, Singapore 119074
J Am Soc Nephrol 15:2066-78. 2004....
- Diseases of the kidney: molecular mechanisms and current therapyStephen I Hong Hsu
Curr Mol Med 5:454. 2005
- In situ glomerular expression of activated NF-kappaB in human lupus nephritis and other non-proliferative proteinuric glomerulopathyLing Zheng
Department of Pathology, National University of Singapore, Singapore, Singapore
Virchows Arch 448:172-83. 2006..These results suggest a pathogenic role for NF-kappaB in glomerular injury by multiple mechanisms...