Affiliation: National University of Singapore
- Multi-contrast focal modulation microscopy for in vivo imaging of thick biological tissuesNanGuang Chen
Department of Bioengineering, Faculty of Engineering, National University of Singapore, Singapore 117576, Singapore
Opt Express 20:12166-70. 2012....
- Focal modulation microscopyNanGuang Chen
Division of Bioengineering, National University of Singapore, Singapore
Opt Express 16:18764-9. 2008..Our method has been validated with animal tissue and an imaging depth around 600 microns has been demonstrated...
- Controlled Monte Carlo method for light propagation in tissue of semi-infinite geometryNanGuang Chen
Division of Bioengineering and the Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering, National University of Singapore, Singapore
Appl Opt 46:1597-603. 2007..Consequently, path-length resolved photon trajectories can be generated with a significantly improved efficiency. We report a more than 29 times reduction in simulation time for early arriving photons in a typical configuration...
- Edge enhancement for in-phase focal modulation microscopeKe Si
Graduate School for Integrative Sciences and Engineering, National University of Singapore, 10 Medical Drive, Singapore 117597, Singapore
Appl Opt 48:6290-5. 2009..4% and 58.9% for a thick edge and a thin edge, respectively. Signal level is also discussed, and the results show that, to obtain high transverse resolution with IPFMM, the normalized detector pinhole radius should not exceed 2.8...
- Focal modulation microscopy: a theoretical studyShau Poh Chong
Division of Bioengineering, National University of Singapore, 9 Engineering Drive 1, EA 03 12, Singapore 129789
Opt Lett 35:1804-6. 2010..The scalar diffraction theory is combined with Monte Carlo simulation to evaluate the signal-to-background ratio at various depths. The performance of confocal microscopy with a similar optical setup is also evaluated for comparison...
- Fast time-domain diffuse optical tomography using pseudorandom bit sequencesWeirong Mo
Division of Bioengineering, National University of Singapore, Singapore
Opt Express 16:13643-50. 2008..The high signal-to-noise ratio and the environmental illumination insensitivity warrant a great potential for applications in clinical noninvasive breast cancer detection...
- Focal modulation microscopy with annular apertures: a numerical studyWei Gong
Division of Bioengineering, National University of Singapore, Singapore, Singapore
J Biophotonics 3:476-84. 2010..The capability of background rejection is also investigated, showing AFMM has the potential to further increase the imaging penetration depth. Finally, an optimal configuration of AFMM is elaborated...
- Considerations of aperture configuration in focal modulation microscopy from the standpoint of modulation depthGuangjun Gao
Division of Bioengineering, National University of Singapore, Singapore 117576
J Opt Soc Am A Opt Image Sci Vis 28:496-501. 2011..In summary, the annular configuration is superior to the fan- and stripe-shaped configurations in modulation depth and spatial resolution...
- Simple spatial phase modulator for focal modulation microscopyChee Howe Wong
Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering, National University of Singapore, Singapore
Appl Opt 48:3237-42. 2009..We have designed a simple spatial phase modulator based on a tilting glass plate that provides superb modulation stability. Image quality has been improved remarkably after integrating such a modulator into a FMM system...
- Multistage inversion algorithm for biological tissue imagingKrishna Agarwal
National University of Singapore, Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering, Singapore
J Biomed Opt 15:016007. 2010..The method reduces the ill-posedness of the image reconstruction problem iteratively such that good imaging results are obtained for multiple heterogeneities having complicated geometries even in the presence of 3% additive white noise...
- Improved spatial resolution in fluorescence focal modulation microscopyWei Gong
Division of Bioengineering, National University of Singapore, Singapore 117576, Singapore
Opt Lett 34:3508-10. 2009..4%. When applied to saturable fluorescence, the half-width at half-maximum is improved by 33.6%, 50.0%, and 62.9%, at demodulation frequencies 2omega, 4omega, and 8omega, respectively...
- Quantitative characterization of optical and physiological parameters in normal breasts using time-resolved spectroscopy: in vivo results of 19 Singapore womenWeirong Mo
National University of Singapore, Division of Bioengineering, Faculty of Engineering, Singapore
J Biomed Opt 14:064004. 2009..These in vivo experiment results will contribute to the breast tissue diagnosis between healthy and diseased breast tissues...
- Plasmonic chiral contrast agents for optical coherence tomography: numerical studyKalpesh B Mehta
Optical Bioimaging Lab, Division of Bioengineering, National University of Singapore, 7 Engineering Drive 1, Blk E3A, 04 15, Singapore 117574, Singapore
Opt Express 19:14903-12. 2011..The proposed contrast agents may extend the applicability of OCT to the problems that require the molecular contrast with enhanced sensitivity...
- Recent advances in optical microscopy methods for subcellular imaging of thick biological tissuesNanGuang Chen
Department of Biomedical Engineering, National University of Singapore, Singapore
Crit Rev Biomed Eng 41:393-403. 2013..Focal modulation microscopy has demonstrated an imaging depth comparable to those of multiphoton microscopy and optical coherence microscopy, near-real-time image acquisition, and capability with a multiple contrast mechanism. ..
- Optimization of source and detector configurations based on Cramer-Rao lower bound analysisLing Chen
National University of Singapore, Division of Bioengineering, Faculty of Engineering, Singapore, Singapore
J Biomed Opt 16:035001. 2011..It is demonstrated that the SD sets selected by this method afford better reconstructed images. This methodology can be adapted to other probe surfaces and other imaging geometries...
- Superresolution along extended depth of focus with binary-phase filters for the Gaussian beamLinbo Liu
Graduate Programme in Bioengineering, National University of Singapore, Singapore
J Opt Soc Am A Opt Image Sci Vis 25:2095-101. 2008..Optimal filter designs are proposed for either high-resolution or ultra-large-DOF applications followed by experimental verifications...
- Double-reflection polygon mirror for high-speed optical coherence microscopyLinbo Liu
Graduate Programme in Bioengineering, National University of Singapore 117576, Singapore
Opt Lett 32:3528-30. 2007..8 degrees scanning range, and 90% duty cycle. A much higher scanning speed and much larger scanning range can be readily achieved by increasing the scanner diameter...
- Emission and absorption properties of indocyanine green in Intralipid solutionBaohong Yuan
Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering, University of Connecticut, Storrs, CT 06269 1157, USA
J Biomed Opt 9:497-503. 2004..Also, in the concentration range of 0 to 2 microM, ICG solution always has a higher absorption coefficient at wavelength 830 nm than that at 660 nm, which is quite different from the ICG in water case...
- Imaging tumor angiogenesis by use of combined near-infrared diffusive light and ultrasoundQuing Zhu
Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering, University of Connecticut, Storrs, Connecticut 06269 2157, USA
Opt Lett 28:337-9. 2003..It is shown that detailed distributions of wavelength-dependent absorption and hemoglobin concentration of breast carcinoma can be obtained with the new reconstruction scheme...